pick6's "mini-camp & practice" mini-mod

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:02 pm

Here's a little mod that I feel adds more by taking away: it's designed to make the practice fields look plainer by removing all outer lines, as well as all midfield logos and endzones. I made it primarily for mini-camp (as I didn't like the field art changing for every drill), but refined it for practice mode too.

It contains the following:
  • simplified grass and turf practice fields (but both with shading effect);
  • blanked-out midfields and endzones for all teams;
  • updated practice facility logos for all teams (in same style as my Logo Mod, except for SEA which is in a different style);
  • my improved net;
  • blanked-out "Under Armour" flags.
PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT UPDATE THE MINI-CAMP UNIFORMS, HELMETS, OR PLAYER NAMES.
Goal-post padding also remains unchanged.

Above shows plain grass field, with the Steelers midfield logo and endzone blanked-out.

Above shows plain turf field, with the Seahawks midfield logo and endzone blanked-out.

NEWBIES! This mini-mod requires the program TexMod to work.
Download TexMod HERE and then read the start of the tutorial HERE on how to load the .tpf in TexMod.

DOWNLOAD HERE: mini-camp & practice.tpf

TROUBLESHOOTING:

1) If you have any mods installed (such as the FF XIV mod), the midfields and endzones will NOT be blanked out as the memory addresses used will be different. In that case, just temporarily move your FIELDART.dat to a different folder to get the full effect.

2) The background stuff in the practice facilities get their colors from whatever roster is in use, and by default those colors will not match the logos correctly. For best results I recommend using a roster that uses the correct shades (such as the FF XIV mod's 5-23 roster HERE). Alternatively, you can make those changes yourself to any roster. See HERE for more info (use the "instructions.doc" file there to walk you through what to do, but copy the colors from the FF XIV 5-23 roster instead for more up-to-date colors).

3) Please note, the controller-style mouse icons in the above screenshots are not included in this mini-mod; you can find them HERE, and they are also included in my Logo Mod.

4) This .tpf can be loaded along with my Logo Mod (the order doesn't matter).

Sponsor

Sponsor

DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Re: pick6's "mini-camp & practice" mini-mod

Postby DrBrownsFan » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:50 pm

Good to see you back, pick6! This looks really nice, and it should enhance immersion. Good work, as always :)
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

*One grain of salt included in each prescription.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:38 pm

Well it took 28 days and 178 views, but I'm glad to see at least one other person likes it! :D

Good to see you back too, doc! ;) For what it's worth, it was your regular feedback that made me want to finish out my Cleveland stadium, and I'd still like to get that done to give something back to you. Much appreciated dude!

lichtental
MVP

Postby lichtental » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:28 am

I always like what you do :) , but unfortunately I have too little time to test and give you useful feedback :(

however my thread is full of big thanks for your works :D

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:43 am

Thanks lichtental; your thread is awesome and I refer to it all the time. :D
Single most important thread on this forum without doubt.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:25 am

I might have to give this a shot sometime. Your work is always great.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Mon May 23, 2016 5:11 pm

Screenshots and download link in the first post have now been fixed.
For info on my current status, see HERE

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:53 pm

Screenshots fixed (again). Please note the practice fields included in this were created with an earlier version of TrueTurf, and so use default Madden's 3ft hash marks. However, the last version of the TrueTurf template uses true-to-life 2ft hash marks. I won't be updating the .tpf though, as it's easy for folks to do this themselves if they wish.

Return to “Graphics”