pick6's "BETTER MIDFIELDS" (tutorial & template)

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Re: pick6's "BETTER MIDFIELDS" (tutorial & template)

Postby KeepinItTeal » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:09 am

pick6 wrote:Thanks for the kind words, and I'm delighted you're trying new stuff! :D This is the version that I use, without any issues.
I've uploaded it to my onedrive for safekeeping, and have also linked to it from the "Files?" thread.
Download it here: Madden_DB_Editor v3.0.zip

Excellent, thanks pick6!

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:52 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
pick6 wrote:Thanks for the kind words, and I'm delighted you're trying new stuff! :D This is the version that I use, without any issues.
I've uploaded it to my onedrive for safekeeping, and have also linked to it from the "Files?" thread.
Download it here: Madden_DB_Editor v3.0.zip

Excellent, thanks pick6!

Yes, thank you.
I wasn't the one who requested it, but I appreciate the link all the same

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:02 pm

While we're on the subject (or should that be "off the subject"? ;) ), I have a ton of stuff saved to my hard drive. So if anyone ever needs any hard-to-find files, post in one of my threads and I'll get an email notification. Took me years before I realized that you could do that, and I love it now! It's a bit like turning on the bat-light in the sky, but not quite as impressive...

I've just checked and my main Madden folder is 18GB, and that doesn't even include the Program Files or Documents folders... :shock:

I forgot what I logged in to do now... :?

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:06 am

I've been struggling with this and before you take your leave of absence pick, I was wondering if you could provide some assistance. I think perhaps where I am getting stuck is with the logging address. I suspect the problem is that I am currently using the FF XV mod and in that mod the Bengals midfield is not the leaping tiger but rather the B logo. And, that B logo does not extend beyond the 45, hence it is just standard size. So, that begs the question, for both the FF XV mod and the FF XVI mod, which midfield should be used? On a quick check this morning, I did not see any "oversize" midfield logos used in the FF XV mod (and not sure on the FF XVI as I have yet to download that one). Am I right in thinking that if there is no "oversize" midfield logo to use that you're essentially stuck with the standard size?

I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:59 pm

Thanks for your question. I haven't played Madden NFL for about a year now, and didn't use the FF mod much before that so I can't comment about what midfield sizes they currently use. But I did have a vague feeling that at some point elguapo may have updated those midfields to make them larger, but I can't be sure about that.

Simplest method first: just insert the default leaping tiger (File 319 from the default FIELDART.dat) back into the FF mod's FIELDART.dat. No other changes necessary. This "Better Midfields" template will then work exactly as described.

Alternatively you could instead insert a larger "B" that I created a long time ago in .dat-form, and which you can find HERE. The memory address for that would be different though, so you'd need to log it in TexMod before you could overlay it with other graphics.

To explain it fully: each midfield .dat file contains some info (called the TMdl) that has the dimensions of the logo in yards and inches, as well as the image itself. Most default midfield logos use that small size you mentioned. However, it has been possible for a good while to hex-edit that TMdl info and change it to give larger dimensions. Not talking about the size of the image in pixels here, but how much field the image will cover in yards and inches.

This Better Midfields template was created at a time when all we could do was take the largest .dat midfield available (leaping tiger), and use that TMdl as a base to overlay with .tpf graphics. Since then, I created different sized midfield templates (by hex-editing the TMdl), and which I included in my FieldBuilder framework. That allows folks to continue to use .tpf graphics as overlays, but covering even larger amounts of the field.

Anyway, I created the FieldBuilder framework in such a way so that it would be compatible with both the FF and Heisman mods. That means you can import some or all of my components into your existing FIELDART.dat without losing any functionality of the the FF mod. You would need to make a small change in your roster though, to change your team's TMFL value (midfield) to point to the new (larger) placeholder. If you just wish to continue to use .tpf graphics, then this is your best bet. Full info in my FieldBuilder thread, along with download link. If all you want is to make your midfields the size of the leaping tiger, then you only need to insert the file called "File421 midfield size3.dat" into your existing FIELDART.dat (in file #421 of course.) Then change the TMFL for the team in question to 103, and use 0x4AE4AE75 as the memory address in TexMod. Please note that midfield placeholder does not contain the tiger image but contains a plain red square instead; if you insert it correct, that's what you should see in-game when TexMod isn't being used.

On the other hand, if you don't want to use TexMod ever (because it's just like totally not worth the extra couple of clicks, dude), then it's still possible to take the TMdl from my midfield placeholders, and insert them into any midfield .dat file, making it cover more field. Search this site for "hex editing" or for mentions of the hex-editing program "HxD".

I will be sticking to my deadline without exception, so keep the questions coming if you need to!

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:21 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote: (and not sure on the FF XVI as I have yet to download that one).

pick6 answered you, but as far as XVI, literally half the teams have oversize ones...Anyone with the 50 yard line faded through has an oversize one. It isn't the greatest method for smaller midfields, but I did it anyway..
So the Giants traded Beckham....

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:27 pm

mee wrote:as far as XVI, literally half the teams have oversize ones

Ah yes, I didn't pick up on that but that filled in the blanks for me! Good job pointing that out.

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:45 am

Pick6 if you come by here ever again, the link to your rough guide for the tmfl 107 seems to be down or it expired. With some of the modding work I am doing with KeepinItTeal, the rough guide would really come in handy!

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:56 am

I am currently in the process of fixing the broken screenshots in my threads so I'll look into this also. I'll do this thread next.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:53 pm

Col. Trautman wrote:the link to your rough guide for the tmfl 107 seems to be down or it expired.
I've just re-read that post of mine and vaguely remember it to be intended only as a starting point, but I never explored it further, and don't have it saved. However, that post said I spent only about 20 mins throwing it together, so I encourage you to have a go instead! You probably have more of an idea what you need it for than I do. Sorry I can't help further.

Also, screenshots in the first post have now been fixed.

Return to “Graphics”