pick6's TrueTurf v5.1 (hi-quality field texture & template)

DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Re: pick6's TrueTurf v5 (hi-quality field texture & template)

Postby DrBrownsFan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:59 pm

pick6 wrote:OK, I said I wasn't gonna do it, but here it is anyway. :D

TrueTurf v5 now available to download from the first post!

This is an update for both NFL & NCAA versions of TrueTurf, and now brings both up-to-date.

It contains many tweaks including:
  • minor fixes, such as adjustment of placement of yard numbers and NFL shield, plus addition of missing hash mark on 30yd line (v4 NCAA),
  • clouding effect in boundary (linesman area),
  • reduction of goal-line to 6 pixels (see note below),
  • additional variation of grass shading, giving 3 in total (turf, grass default, and grass alt),
  • addition of smaller tarp size (as used by TEN & CLE), plus clouding to both that and larger tarp size,
  • addition of layer of white lines featuring 2ft hash lines for use with my Field Builder framework (both NFL & NCAA).

This v5 template is designed to be used with my "Field Builder" framework (to be released very soon), so if you're using the alternate 3ft lines layer (also included), some adjustments around the goal-line may sometimes be necessary. Specifically, for teams that use 2 endzones, Madden does not display the endzone correctly, and it does not touch the goal-line. In this situation, just make your goal-line 9 or 10 pixels deep. If you use my Field Builder framework, the goal-line will always be correct at 6p, and you can use the 2ft hash lines without any ghost lines showing.

As before, I recommend you just delete your previous template, and use v5 instead to avoid cross-contamination.

Hooray! Thanks so much, pick6, I (and certainly many others) really appreciate what you've done with this and other projects.
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

*One grain of salt included in each prescription.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eros
All-Pro

Postby Eros » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:43 pm

Pick 6 another masterpiece by u... I dont know but i am not even surprised :D :D... Thnx a lot for your work... but as it was for the version 3 i could not test the turf version cuz of my different memory address. i ve worked on that but didn't have much time because of college. But what i saw from the grass version a lot of details were much better than the last version... Thnx a lot again for your work...

isten
Veteran

Postby isten » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:45 am

My second son was born in August, so I had no time for Madden, sorry.

I had promised to share my work, so here is my grass and snow. But it based on TrueTurf v2. (That was "the state of the art", when i created it :lol: )

http://www.isten.de/madden/TrueTurf%20NFL%20v2%20with%20snow%20and%20mud.rar

For snow, I simply painted with a brush.
I think the other layer are described in the name.

The Layer Combination are:

Snow: "Snow by isten", "much dirt", "clouds w/s, gaus 60%,..." "grass dirt, noise 15%,..."
Rain: "much dirt", "clouds w/s, gaus 60%,..." "grass dirt, noise 15%,..."
dry: "little dirt", "clouds w/s, gaus 60%,...", grass clean, noise 15,.."

maybe i find time to look at V5, thanks for that pick6.

Greetings isten
Go Broncos

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:43 am

isten wrote:I had promised to share my work, so here is my grass and snow.

Awesome isten; really appreciate you sharing this. I'll look into it when I have some time. Very excited about learning how to make "isten grass"! :D

EVERYONE ELSE: I keep meaning to mention the END-LINE but forgetting to do so.
The end-line is the line at the back of the endzone, and is the only line that is still "off" in my TrueTurf. However, the error is in where Madden determines "out-of-bounds", not in my field!

I did some testing and found that while my TrueTurf endzone is correct at exactly 10 yds deep, Madden still somehow sees "out-of-bounds" as a few inches further out. This means that when you get a player visibly stepping on the white paint of the end-line, there is a good chance Madden may still rule that "in". I thought about moving the end-line further back to line that up better, but decided against it for this reason: EA seems to take the approach that whenever there is an error, they just make a workaround to mask that error, instead of trying to fix the first error. And when something else later comes up, they then make ANOTHER workaround to further mask the first masking! Not gonna get into too much detail here, but their implementation of endzones is a mess. In trying to get it all worked out, I feel it's better to just point it out in the hope that in can be fixed in a later Cheat Engine hack.

For the record, I tested this by changing the TMdl dimensions of an endzone and making them exactly as real-life. That endzone then needs to be placed in a slot usually used for the midfield or special/ST35 logo for it to show 100% correct in-game (endzones in the usual endzone slots will NOT display correctly, regardless of whether there is one endzone or two!). [more info HERE ]

When I did this, I found that my TrueTurf endzone area matches up pretty good against precise 10yd dimensions. I then went into practice mode (offense only), and ran my RB out the back of the endzone (for a safety). Inching up slowly to the end-line this way gives you a good idea where Madden SHOULD be ruling "out-of-bounds". Your RB will be able to step slightly onto the white paint of the end-line without the whistle blowing.

That also means that the end pylons do NOT have any effect on what's called in- or out-of-bounds. They appear to be cosmetic only.

I know most folks will probably prefer to adjust the end-line on the TrueTurf template (down 1 pixel) so that the white paint is always called "out-of-bounds" and the endzone area is called "in", but that would essentially mean accepting that catches are sometimes ruled a touchdown instead of "out-of-bounds"! :o Personally, I'd prefer to stick with it as it is (and know not to waste a challenge on the bad ruling for example), and hopefully get this fixed properly another way.

Doesn't come up very often anyway, but thought I may as well mention it!

cheesehead12
Pro Bowl

Postby cheesehead12 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:24 pm

how do i do rainy fields?

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:06 pm

cheesehead12 wrote:how do i do rainy fields?

Sorry dude, haven't experimented much with them. Read Section 2.6.5 What about grass for rainy weather?, or play around with what isten uploaded 3 posts up from here. Can't help any more than that I'm afraid.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:02 pm

Your samples don't work when the mod is installed, Pick6. It changes the address of the field.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:29 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:Your samples don't work when the mod is installed, Pick6. It changes the address of the field.

Try this earlier post HERE.
Also, read back up a bit further from there to see if that applies to your situation too. One another person has reported a different memory adddress for the turf field, and I'm guessing their version of mainapp.exe must be different in some way from mine.

snowballpudi
Veteran

Postby snowballpudi » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:26 pm

I'm having problems opening the TruTurf files. It keep saying wrong fomat or currupt or damaged files. Can someone please help me with this problem? :(

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:27 pm

snowballpudi wrote:I'm having problems opening the TruTurf files. It keep saying wrong fomat or currupt or damaged files. Can someone please help me with this problem? :(

What editor are you using?
Which type .psd or .pdn?
So the Giants traded Beckham....

Return to “Graphics”