Q's Uniforms - 2017

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1785
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:12 am
Location: Hill Side

Re: 2017 FALCONS Update

Postby 1312qohelet » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:20 pm

ElementalKazzoo wrote:These look amazing... Great JOB!!!!!!! :D

Thank you for the compliment....glad you like thm

Re: 2017 FALCONS Update

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

User avatar
KeepinItTeal
MVP
Posts: 695
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:11 pm
Location: NE FLA

Re: Q's Uniforms - 2017

Postby KeepinItTeal » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:59 pm

1312qohelet wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:Hey Q, have you contemplated making the white part of the socks smaller for a number of teams? I think that's the trend I'm seeing around the league. Example below.

Yes, of course I have...ever since I started making uniforms, brother. I hate the way the socks are setup in Madden. Players have been wearing various heights of socks for 30 years.
However, it's not currently possible with DAT uniforms. It's the way the shoe palettes are setup.
The top of the sock is part of the THIGH texture , while the bottom is colored by the shoe palettes. The specific blocks in the shoe palettes, that control the color of the sock are known. But, the problem is there's no "pattern" to them.
What I mean by that is, you could change the color of a few of the blocks, but in-game those bits of color show up all over the sock. It's impossible to color it in sections.
Does that make sense? Sorry for the gibberish...sheesh, I confused myself - lol.
Bottom line is, it can't be done with how the default shoe palettes were made.
I don't know for sure, but maybe it can be done in .tpf form for TexMod.

The future may look bright on this subject, though. Uniform builder, modder, and all-around genius 8-) cyclone2426, has done some cool things with .dat-based cleats and socks - check out this post:
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=19492&p=102622#p102622
I'm excited for this, but I haven't the slightest clue on how far he is with this, or how difficult it would be to implement into the current Mod uniforms.

You could ask him, or perhaps he'll see our conversation here and give us the low-down.

EDIT:
Link Fixed


Yeah, I figured you may have given it a shot. Hopefully cyclone2426 will come up with something. I did try it with TexMod with some success, but the issue is that the shoe/sock graphic is shared by multiple teams, so if I make the sock above the shoe mostly black it looks great on the Jaguars but if I play the Colts, for example, they then have a blue sock that runs down into a black sock which looks bad, obv. I was hoping you DAT guys could overcome that and will wait to see what cyclone2426 comes up with. Thanks.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1785
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:12 am
Location: Hill Side

Re: Q's Uniforms - 2017

Postby 1312qohelet » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:51 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
Yeah, I figured you may have given it a shot. Hopefully cyclone2426 will come up with something. I did try it with TexMod with some success, but the issue is that the shoe/sock graphic is shared by multiple teams, so if I make the sock above the shoe mostly black it looks great on the Jaguars but if I play the Colts, for example, they then have a blue sock that runs down into a black sock which looks bad, obv. I was hoping you DAT guys could overcome that and will wait to see what cyclone2426 comes up with. Thanks.

no problem.

I have a suggestion that may be of some assistance to your issue. The reason why your shoe .tpf shows up on other teams is because the palettes are exactly the same, therefore they share the same logging address.
The solution is really quite simple.


First:
Note the shoe you placed your .tpf on, Main, TC, TC Tape, etc, etc.
1) Open the uniform in JDHalfrack's MUER. Any version of MUER should work...the one that comes with MadMod-X is perfectly fine.
2) Go to TOOLS > OPTIONS > Under the BITMAP EXTRACTION tab, check the box that reads "EXTRACT ONLY BITMAP PALETTES > click "OK"
3) In the menu on the left, click PALETTES. this will open the palette section of the uniform.
Here is a rundown of the shoe palettes and what they are linked to in MUER:
#16 - Main Shoe - White Tape is also located in this palette
#17 - Main Shoe w/Black Tape
#18 - Main Shoe w/TC Tape
#19 - TC Shoe - White Tape is also located in this palette
#20 - TC Shoe w/Black Tape
#21 - TC Shoe w/TC Tape
#23 - Kicker Shoe
4) Extract the palette you wish to alter - it will extract as .bmp
5) Open palette in Photoshop
6) After it's been loaded, go to IMAGE > MODE > select COLOR TABLE
7) Once the Color Table has been opened, change the color of one box. The color doesn't matter and one single box is all you need to recolor for the TexMod Logging Address to be changed for that particular shoe.
8) Save as .bmp 8bit > Import back into uniform with MUER and Save > import uniform back into UNIFORMS.dat with DFR
Note:
If you've never used MUER; when opening a uniform, file there's a drop-box menu at the bottom right corner. Before you select your file, change it to All Files (*.*)
Capture.JPG


And there you go. That's a simple way to change the Log Address for some palettes. But, if you're doing a lot of teams, it can get monotonous and really freaking boring.
Perhaps, there's a better way, but that will do the trick.

I hope that helps a little.
If you already know most, or all of that...then I apologize.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
KeepinItTeal
MVP
Posts: 695
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:11 pm
Location: NE FLA

Re: Q's Uniforms - 2017

Postby KeepinItTeal » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:43 pm

Now my head hurts. ;)

User avatar
cyclone2426
All-Pro
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:06 pm

Re: Q's Uniforms - 2017

Postby cyclone2426 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:13 pm

1312qohelet wrote:I'm excited for this, but I haven't the slightest clue on how far he is with this, or how difficult it would be to implement into the current Mod uniforms.

You could ask him, or perhaps he'll see our conversation here and give us the low-down.


If you were to attempt to make a DAT-based option for the mod, every mod uni would need its shoe palettes edited, as well as the shoe bump image (if you were to go with a different design). Is it possible, yes. Would it work with the pre-existing mod unis, no. So unless someone was willing to redo the whole uniform.dat file, I dont see it happening anytime soon.

User avatar
elguapo
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:24 am
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Q's Uniforms - 2017

Postby elguapo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:41 pm

The shoe palette should stay the same. What needs to be edited is the graphic or image itself. Think of it as a number. The number image stays the same but the pallet changes the color.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1785
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:12 am
Location: Hill Side

Re: Q's Uniforms - 2017

Postby 1312qohelet » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:07 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:Now my head hurts. ;)

Hahaha....my apologies.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1785
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:12 am
Location: Hill Side

Re: Q's Uniforms - 2017

Postby 1312qohelet » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:08 pm

cyclone2426 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:I'm excited for this, but I haven't the slightest clue on how far he is with this, or how difficult it would be to implement into the current Mod uniforms.

You could ask him, or perhaps he'll see our conversation here and give us the low-down.


If you were to attempt to make a DAT-based option for the mod, every mod uni would need its shoe palettes edited, as well as the shoe bump image (if you were to go with a different design). Is it possible, yes. Would it work with the pre-existing mod unis, no. So unless someone was willing to redo the whole uniform.dat file, I dont see it happening anytime soon.

elguapo wrote:The shoe palette should stay the same. What needs to be edited is the graphic or image itself. Think of it as a number. The number image stays the same but the pallet changes the color.

Understood.
Thanks for the clarification, fellas.

User avatar
cyclone2426
All-Pro
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:06 pm

Re: Q's Uniforms - 2017

Postby cyclone2426 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:40 pm

elguapo wrote:The shoe palette should stay the same. What needs to be edited is the graphic or image itself. Think of it as a number. The number image stays the same but the pallet changes the color.


But to achieve the low sock look, you would have to change the palette, there's no way around that. With the way the current palettes are indexed and how the color blocks pertain to the pixels, its literally impossible to get the low sock look with the pre-existing palettes. The current palettes are indexed to correspond with the current design, so the moment you change that design in anyway, that palette is useless and you have to make one that corresponds to the new design.

Sleeper66
All-Pro
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:46 pm

Re: Q's Uniforms - 2017

Postby Sleeper66 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:56 pm

But cyclone, think of it as a number.... So simple!


Return to “Graphics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests