Creating Draft Classes

octoburn
Rookie

Creating Draft Classes

Postby octoburn » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:55 pm

I have long visited and lingered on these forums, only posting once. I have used the tools, rosters and draft classes available here. I have made a few draft classes myself. But, I am curious: what is the best way to go about creating draft classes? I have used several different editors, and tried different methods, but they all seem to lack a bit. My main issue is keeping skin tones right, and cosmetic things, helmet styles, facemasks and hair styles. These can all get a bit weird, when they're only represented by numbers.
Just curious what anyone else's methods are when they create classes. I am also curious how someone translates combine numbers into in-game ratings. I have a chart I use for this myself, but as stated, am curious of others' methods.

I am going to work on a class for 2021 soon, and was just looking to get some tips before getting too far into it!

Thanks in advance!

Creating Draft Classes

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Creating Draft Classes

Postby Danchat » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:20 pm

octoburn wrote:I have long visited and lingered on these forums, only posting once. I have used the tools, rosters and draft classes available here. I have made a few draft classes myself. But, I am curious: what is the best way to go about creating draft classes? I have used several different editors, and tried different methods, but they all seem to lack a bit. My main issue is keeping skin tones right, and cosmetic things, helmet styles, facemasks and hair styles. These can all get a bit weird, when they're only represented by numbers.
Just curious what anyone else's methods are when they create classes. I am also curious how someone translates combine numbers into in-game ratings. I have a chart I use for this myself, but as stated, am curious of others' methods.

I am going to work on a class for 2021 soon, and was just looking to get some tips before getting too far into it!

Thanks in advance!

I usually use MaddenAMP's editor, since I rarely ever get crashes in it. I don't bother with player gear or cosmetics, so that editor's not the right one for that. Hair styles are a bit weird; some of the names are wrong (Balding (2) is actually Dreadlocks and so on), but it works. For skin tone, I use the Face IDs guide that shows the ID of every single face in the game categorized by skin color - I can upload that for you if you don't have that. If you have the time you can assign every player an accurate face ID, but that takes a while and I typically wait until I've created and rated all the players first.

I would contact goldendragonx for combine to Madden ratings. I have a chart for it on a post-it note, but I think his ratings are more extensive.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Return to “Draft Classes”