PS2 NCAA Draft Class to Madden 08 PC

mattjames2010
Rookie

Postby mattjames2010 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:48 pm

Is it possible to convert and import PS2 NCAA draft class files to Madden 08 PC?

Sponsor

Sponsor

mattjames2010
Rookie

Re: PS2 NCAA Draft Class to Madden 08 PC

Postby mattjames2010 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:44 pm

If this is impossible to do directly with the NFL Draft Class File, what is the easiest and simplest way to manually remove the players from the draft class file, put them into a spreadsheet, and make your own custom draft file with those players? If that makes sense.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:56 am

mattjames2010 wrote:If this is impossible to do directly with the NFL Draft Class File, what is the easiest and simplest way to manually remove the players from the draft class file, put them into a spreadsheet, and make your own custom draft file with those players? If that makes sense.

The easiest way to do exactly that would be to use the DB editor, get the PLAY file, and then take all players from team 1015 (the draft class "team") out and edit them to your liking. You'd then import the data back in to the PLAY file.

If you're looking for something that would be more user-friendly, you could try NZA 2.0 editor or Madden AMP, and simply manipulate the data in the editors that have nice GUIs. That's how I prefer to edit draft classes, though sometimes the applications will crash (NZA is notorious for this).

Oh, and I'm taking about Madden 08 PC files... I know nothing about PS2 files.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:18 am

sorry for straying from his question, but at what point do you edit the draft class in the db editor. Do you have to wait til the offseason right before the draft like nza's editor. or are the draft players always there in the franchise file and can be edited at anytime?
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

mattjames2010
Rookie

Postby mattjames2010 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:35 pm

Danchat wrote:
mattjames2010 wrote:If this is impossible to do directly with the NFL Draft Class File, what is the easiest and simplest way to manually remove the players from the draft class file, put them into a spreadsheet, and make your own custom draft file with those players? If that makes sense.

The easiest way to do exactly that would be to use the DB editor, get the PLAY file, and then take all players from team 1015 (the draft class "team") out and edit them to your liking. You'd then import the data back in to the PLAY file.

If you're looking for something that would be more user-friendly, you could try NZA 2.0 editor or Madden AMP, and simply manipulate the data in the editors that have nice GUIs. That's how I prefer to edit draft classes, though sometimes the applications will crash (NZA is notorious for this).

Oh, and I'm taking about Madden 08 PC files... I know nothing about PS2 files.

Ah okay, that actually makes this a lot easier. I never noticed the "Export to MDC" in NZA Editor. For anyone who ever wants to bring their PS2 NCAA Draft class to Madden 08, I'll give the steps with this method

1. Have a copy of a PS2 NCAA AND PS2 Madden game
2. Simulate through PS2 Madden season and select "import draft class" after the Pro-Bowl
3. Simulate through the owner part of the offseason and save at the retirement stage
4. Have a way to get your PS2 Madden save file to your PC (Example: FreeMcBoot)
5. Once you have the file on your computer, you must first edit the save file with a Hex Editor: Open the file in the editor and remove from the first line "02 00 00 00" and save
6. Change your file to .fra so it can be opened in the Madden Editor
7. Open the franchise file in Madden editor go to Edit > Rookie Draft Class and click "Export to MDC" and save your new MDC file
8. Profit

I'm not entirely sure if there is a method out there of simply converting the NCAA draft class file directly to MDC, but this is one method and it's relatively simple if you already have a way to transfer save files from console to PC. I'm sure there is a way to do this with save files from emulators, but I only play NCAA games on my console.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:06 pm

KO'BBF wrote:sorry for straying from his question, but at what point do you edit the draft class in the db editor. Do you have to wait til the offseason right before the draft like nza's editor. or are the draft players always there in the franchise file and can be edited at anytime?

Well, traditionally I always thought the draft class should only be edited before the retirement phase. I think it has to do with the processes that occur once you advance past the retirement phase and players get updated... I think you could get away with editing the draft class data whenever you like, just be should to be a backup of the franchise file.

The draft players are in team 1015 from the beginning of the offseason to when they are signed by their teams after being drafted. They won't be present in the midst of a season.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:14 am

Thanks! That answers my question. I'm in week 15 and I'm getting excited about next season already. I'll have to wait till the start of the offseason
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

Brock
All-Pro

Postby Brock » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:59 pm

I just rediscovered this thread, I mean't to answer it but forgot. But yeah it's possible. I made a post about it, you can loosely use this method: https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... ostcount=9

I use the pcsx2 emulator so I don't have to use the hex editor. But I've been importing classes from 06.

Also, you don't have to use the same game either. Depending on what game you have. All you have to do is change the name of the draft class save, to the

Here's another method, if you have a different year madden/ncaa: https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... tcount=343

mattjames2010
Rookie

Postby mattjames2010 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:04 pm

Brock wrote:I just rediscovered this thread, I mean't to answer it but forgot. But yeah it's possible. I made a post about it, you can loosely use this method: https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... ostcount=9

I use the pcsx2 emulator so I don't have to use the hex editor. But I've been importing classes from 06.

Also, you don't have to use the same game either. Depending on what game you have. All you have to do is change the name of the draft class save, to the

Here's another method, if you have a different year madden/ncaa: https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... tcount=343

Well, I have a strong enough PC now to play Madden games on the PCSX2 - so now my question is, how do you got about getting PCXS2 draft/franchise saves to work in NZA and Madden amp? I've used MyMC to export the save file, but for some reason, they aren't working in the franchise editors.

Brock
All-Pro

Postby Brock » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:29 pm

mattjames2010 wrote:
Brock wrote:I just rediscovered this thread, I mean't to answer it but forgot. But yeah it's possible. I made a post about it, you can loosely use this method: https://forums.operationsports.com/foru ... ostcount=9

Well, I have a strong enough PC now to play Madden games on the PCSX2 - so now my question is, how do you got about getting PCXS2 draft/franchise saves to work in NZA and Madden amp? I've used MyMC to export the save file, but for some reason, they aren't working in the franchise editors.

You do the method I posted in the first link, just without hex editing.

Return to “Draft Classes”