J21C's Draft Class and UDFA Generator

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: J21C's Draft Class and UDFA Generator

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:14 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:There's going to be tweaking needed somewhere for this. I've been testing a few classes and the DT/DE OVRs are so inflated that they crowd the top of the 1st round and are being drafted way too much. This is either a problem of the Generator, or a problem of Madden/MaddenAMP itself. AFAIK MaddenAMP uses the standard M08 OVRs instead of the new OVRs to assign the value of a player, an since DE/STs are inflated, that creates problems.

I'll tweak something.

While that is a problem, I think you should keep the defensive linemen with the same physical ratings they have now, as it's more realistic to the current NFL. I don't know if there's any way you can make Madden Amp's draft de-prioritize them outside of modifying Amp's draft logic, but here's hoping.

There are 3 solutions. The difficult one is altering AMP's draft logic, or Madden's draft logic, which I don't know how to do. The easy solution would be to lower the DL talent, but that's not what I would like to do. The 3rd solution would be to raise the talent of the other positions so they look more valuable compared to DL, which is what I'm trying right now. Right now I'm implementing an "Archetype" system where players get their physical and skill ratings based on an archetype, so for example a Deep Threat WR would have amazing SPD and ACC, but CTH would be a problem (70s kind of problem at times, but they simply won't be as good as Possession, Physical or Slot WRs), as would be CAR and BTK, whereas a Slot WR, while slower and smaller, would be better catchers and blockers. Aside from having bigger differences in players, this also let's me create Long Snappers (Which would be Pass Blocking Cs that don't quite have it when it comes to STR or RBK), as well as making a difference between different types of players (Because right now the draft could generate a 6'3'', 310 Lbs., Speed DE that's also stupidly strong).

I think I got a successful fix. After importing the draft class, use yor editor of choice (I prefer MaddenAMP) to lower every rookie LE, RE and DT's Acceleration by 10 points. Since ACC is so important to the DL OVR, lowering it lowers the OVR that means less Top 10 and 1st round DLs. After the round, you just raise ACC by 10 for all those rookies again.
I'll be uploading a new version later in the day, as well as a fix for a glitch in AMP related to the expanded college list.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:55 pm

Updated the Generator to V3. Now uses different archetypes to differentiate the players.

Also, RevanFan, still no designated Long Snappers ... yet. I probably could generate them as undersized (Linebacker/Tight End sized) Pass Blocking Cs, but that would mean there's less space for Draftees/UDFAs in the draft class.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:44 pm

jose21crisis wrote:Updated the Generator to V3. Now uses different archetypes to differentiate the players.

Also, RevanFan, still no designated Long Snappers ... yet. I probably could generate them as undersized (Linebacker/Tight End sized) Pass Blocking Cs, but that would mean there's less space for Draftees/UDFAs in the draft class.

I would say don't put any more than 1 or 2 max in a draft class, but include more in the UDFA class. For game reasons, you may want to not even have any generate in the draft class, since they aren't really needed in the game.

Also, the version available in the OP is version 2, not 3.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:08 pm

Hey, regarding the crash of Madden Amp's draft feature if you don't change the college list, did you tell Madden Amp to use your StreamedData.db file before you loaded the draft? That file contains the college list and should be recognized by Madden Amp.
My Cowboys Journal

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:21 pm

RevanFan wrote:Hey, regarding the crash of Madden Amp's draft feature if you don't change the college list, did you tell Madden Amp to use your StreamedData.db file before you loaded the draft? That file contains the college list and should be recognized by Madden Amp.

Yep, did that, but it still crashed. That's what prompted me to look for a method to use AMP without it crashing. Also, updated the OP with version 3. Best believe that the version I uploaded back then and the one I'm uploaded right now are exactly the same, just with "v3" in the name instead of "v2". I forgot to change the version number before uploading ... the result of being sleepy.
Semper fi

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:23 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Hey, regarding the crash of Madden Amp's draft feature if you don't change the college list, did you tell Madden Amp to use your StreamedData.db file before you loaded the draft? That file contains the college list and should be recognized by Madden Amp.

Yep, did that, but it still crashed. That's what prompted me to look for a method to use AMP without it crashing. Also, updated the OP with version 3. Best believe that the version I uploaded back then and the one I'm uploaded right now are exactly the same, just with "v3" in the name instead of "v2". I forgot to change the version number before uploading ... the result of being sleepy.

I just tried it after importing the StreamedData.db from the mod and the draft didn't crash. All the colleges loaded correctly.
My Cowboys Journal

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:25 pm

RevanFan wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:

I just tried it after importing the StreamedData.db from the mod and the draft didn't crash. All the colleges loaded correctly.

Hmm ... guess I'll have to give it another go importing the StreamedData.db.
Semper fi

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:09 pm

Updated the Generator to version 4:
  • Reworked some of the attributes, especially SPD for HBs, WRs, CBs and Ss
  • Reworked some of the equipment, especially visors and use of gloves.
  • Added Long Snappers to the UDFA classes after sufficient prodding from RevanFan. LB sized, decent SPD, STR and TAK, good PBK, terrible RBK.
Semper fi

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:11 pm

jose21crisis wrote:Added Long Snappers to the UDFA classes after sufficient prodding from RevanFan.

...Sorry.
My Cowboys Journal

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:29 pm

RevanFan wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:Added Long Snappers to the UDFA classes after sufficient prodding from RevanFan.

...Sorry.

Nah, don't worry. I was going to include them eventually, was just figuring out the how. They should be good to go as of now.
Semper fi

Return to “Draft Classes”