Draft Class - 2018

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: Draft Class - 2018

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:55 am

Kriegsmarine wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:
Kriegsmarine wrote:Could someone who has downloaded both versions, i.e. 2018-Draft Class (NZA fix) and 2018-Draft Class (MRE) give me a hand with checking this out? The NZA fix version has the correct jump numbers for me, whereas the MRE version sets everybody's jump ability to 0.

Checked this. To me, NZA's version has 0s for everyone, MRE has 0s for QBs only (They don't need jumping so, is understandable)

What are you using to import them?

I used Madden Roster Editor to check the player ratings.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Kriegsmarine
All-Pro

Postby Kriegsmarine » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:05 am

jose21crisis wrote:
Kriegsmarine wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:
Checked this. To me, NZA's version has 0s for everyone, MRE has 0s for QBs only (They don't need jumping so, is understandable)

What are you using to import them?

I used Madden Roster Editor to check the player ratings.

Hm. Could it be as simple as importing in NZA works with the NZA version while importing in MRE works with the MRE version?

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:41 pm

Why would we use an older version of NZA's editor vs a newer one. From my understanding ver 1.3 is the most stable of the versions. If anyone is using the 1.0.0.0 version that is in MadMod X, that seems out of date. Can someone enlighten me here?
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:12 pm

madden07eurocat wrote:Why would we use an older version of NZA's editor vs a newer one. From my understanding ver 1.3 is the most stable of the versions. If anyone is using the 1.0.0.0 version that is in MadMod X, that seems out of date. Can someone enlighten me here?

As far as I know, the MadModX pack has NZA 1.3 and NZA 2.0. It doesn't have any 1.0 version. I think Kriegsmarine is using 1.3, as most should be doing anyway. I just recommended to use another utility, which is the Madden Roster Editor, which is a different thing compared to NZA's editor.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:09 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
madden07eurocat wrote:Why would we use an older version of NZA's editor vs a newer one. From my understanding ver 1.3 is the most stable of the versions. If anyone is using the 1.0.0.0 version that is in MadMod X, that seems out of date. Can someone enlighten me here?

As far as I know, the MadModX pack has NZA 1.3 and NZA 2.0. It doesn't have any 1.0 version. I think Kriegsmarine is using 1.3, as most should be doing anyway. I just recommended to use another utility, which is the Madden Roster Editor, which is a different thing compared to NZA's editor.

Don't know if I agree with them being completely different. As far as I knew the Madden Roster Editor was the first version of the Madden Editor. If you look at both they have the same look to them. I was under the impression that NZA just shortened the name after the first version. Take a look at Madden Roster Editor or ver1.0, vs the Madden Editor08_V13 or ver1.3 and Madden Editor08_V2 or ver 2.0. It looks to be a progression of a program and all are in the MadMod X download under Utilities. One of the reasons that v2.0 opens the same as v1.0 is that NZA, with v2.0, made it so the program would know the difference between a franchise and roster file. I do agree with you that the most widely used is v1.3 and rightly so. Just as an FYI there is no such thing as NZA 1.3 or 2.0, that's just what we call Madden Editor.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:46 pm

madden07eurocat wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:

Don't know if I agree with them being completely different. As far as I knew the Madden Roster Editor was the first version of the Madden Editor. If you look at both they have the same look to them. I was under the impression that NZA just shortened the name after the first version. Take a look at Madden Roster Editor or ver1.0, vs the Madden Editor08_V13 or ver1.3 and Madden Editor08_V2 or ver 2.0. It looks to be a progression of a program and all are in the MadMod X download under Utilities. One of the reasons that v2.0 opens the same as v1.0 is that NZA, with v2.0, made it so the program would know the difference between a franchise and roster file. I do agree with you that the most widely used is v1.3 and rightly so. Just as an FYI there is no such thing as NZA 1.3 or 2.0, that's just what we call Madden Editor.

Well, I got my cue that Madden Roster Editor and NZA's Editor .... I mean, Madden Editor 1.3 are different things after reading these lines in the readme

Code: Select all

Note: this is *not* a replacement utility ( for the most part ), but rather a companion utility, to work along-side NZA's editor and others!

It also has a draft function, much like MaddenAMP does, but I'd guess less complex.
Semper fi

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:43 pm

Madden Roster Editor is completely separate from NZA's Editor. Designed and written by two different people and there was no collaboration between them to my knowledge.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:20 pm

RevanFan wrote:Madden Roster Editor is completely separate from NZA's Editor. Designed and written by two different people and there was no collaboration between them to my knowledge.

I must have been on drugs when I opened the MRE. Wait, I am on drugs. :lol:
When I first opened the MRE, or thought I was opening it, Madden Editor08_v2 was opening. Thus what I was seeing was way off the mark. I think I had the link to them messed up. I opened the MRE from inside the correct folder and I've never used the MRE and all of my blabbering was pointless. Sorry for the confusion and my apologies to Jose for making a complete schmuck of myself. Need to clean up and double check my shortcut for this. :oops:

sticks2681
Rookie

Postby sticks2681 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:36 pm

I've been fiddling with these draft class files today and I've found that when testing the Combine Ratings, AWR Fix, and NZA Fix versions in NZA 1.3, NZA 2.0, or Madden Amp the Jump rating for QB, OL, K, and P is all 0. Same thing when I test the MRE version in Madden Roster Editor. I was thinking about going through and trying to fix Jump for those affected using the combine results but could anyone help me out with a good spread for the ratings? The ones that thegoldendragonx posted on page 3 (see below) don't really seem to line up with the ratings in the actual MDC files. My next question would be for those who don't have a vertical jump result listed from the combine, should they just get a flat 50?

40+Vertical Jump- 99 Jump
39-35- 98-95 Jump
34-30- 94-89 Jump
29-25- 88-85 Jump
24-20- 84-75 Jump

thegoldendragonx
All-Pro

Postby thegoldendragonx » Thu May 03, 2018 1:31 pm

sticks2681 wrote:I've been fiddling with these draft class files today and I've found that when testing the Combine Ratings, AWR Fix, and NZA Fix versions in NZA 1.3, NZA 2.0, or Madden Amp the Jump rating for QB, OL, K, and P is all 0. Same thing when I test the MRE version in Madden Roster Editor. I was thinking about going through and trying to fix Jump for those affected using the combine results but could anyone help me out with a good spread for the ratings? The ones that thegoldendragonx posted on page 3 (see below) don't really seem to line up with the ratings in the actual MDC files. My next question would be for those who don't have a vertical jump result listed from the combine, should they just get a flat 50?

40+Vertical Jump- 99 Jump
39-35- 98-95 Jump
34-30- 94-89 Jump
29-25- 88-85 Jump
24-20- 84-75 Jump

Oh, I never did Combine Jump ratings, I only did 40 times and strength ratings.
TheGoldenDragonX's 2021 Draft Class --> https://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=22220

TheGoldenDragonX's 2023 Draft Class --> https://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=23634

Return to “Draft Classes”