Draft Class - 2018

thegoldendragonx
All-Pro

Re: Draft Class - 2018

Postby thegoldendragonx » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:40 pm

Theov wrote:
Danchat wrote:
Theov wrote:
In a month or so I want to make time to finish this draft class.
I am going into 2018 with my franchise and notice there is a lot to be fixed for this deaft class.
Positions, skin colors are the most notable things that come to mind.
The players and stats look very good on the other hand.
So... remind me in a week or 5/6.

Got it, I will look forward to that! I've been swamped with things to do and unable to get to my backlog and do these sort of things... but I am planning on working on the 2021 draft class. Thanks a bundle!

Yeah that's why I think in between the semesters in december / january I think I'll have some time.
If you want, we can do it together. I remember the 2013 and 2014 draft classes that I cleaned up took a lot of time. I looked up all the appearances, colleges, weights and heights and rough stats of every player to give them reasonable stats.
I do the QBs and when I'm ready, I send you the new files, then you do the RBs and send me the new file etc.
How does that sound?

I hope this site isn’t dying. Either way I’ll start the 2022 draft class after I find out which athletes are declaring. So Danchat and Theov, remind me in a month.
TheGoldenDragonX's 2021 Draft Class --> https://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=22220

TheGoldenDragonX's 2023 Draft Class --> https://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=23634

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:20 am

Theov wrote:
Danchat wrote:
Theov wrote:
In a month or so I want to make time to finish this draft class.
I am going into 2018 with my franchise and notice there is a lot to be fixed for this deaft class.
Positions, skin colors are the most notable things that come to mind.
The players and stats look very good on the other hand.
So... remind me in a week or 5/6.

Got it, I will look forward to that! I've been swamped with things to do and unable to get to my backlog and do these sort of things... but I am planning on working on the 2021 draft class. Thanks a bundle!

Yeah that's why I think in between the semesters in december / january I think I'll have some time.
If you want, we can do it together. I remember the 2013 and 2014 draft classes that I cleaned up took a lot of time. I looked up all the appearances, colleges, weights and heights and rough stats of every player to give them reasonable stats.
I do the QBs and when I'm ready, I send you the new files, then you do the RBs and send me the new file etc.
How does that sound?

Yeah, that could work. So we're updating the player faces and touching up the stats a little bit?
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:01 pm

Danchat wrote:
Theov wrote:
Danchat wrote:Got it, I will look forward to that! I've been swamped with things to do and unable to get to my backlog and do these sort of things... but I am planning on working on the 2021 draft class. Thanks a bundle!

How does that sound?

Yeah, that could work. So we're updating the player faces and touching up the stats a little bit?

I have winter vacation now, and just finished something else so I have some time.

The other draft classes I've done took quite some time because of how I did it:
1: open Portrait IDs
2: open Madden Editor (I think I used 1.3)
3: open browser with the draft wiki and notable free agents to make sure everyone is in there
4: look up stats and pictures
5: change appearance and stats in the Editor based on how the players have done in the league

repeat step 4 and 5 about 250+ times.

I'll just go from position group to position group.
No signature needed.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:12 pm

Theov wrote:
Danchat wrote:
Theov wrote:Yeah that's why I think in between the semesters in december / january I think I'll have some time.
How does that sound?

I have winter vacation now, and just finished something else so I have some time.

3: open browser with the draft wiki and notable free agents to make sure everyone is in there
5: change appearance and stats in the Editor based on how the players have done in the league

Cool, let me know what you want me to do. I'm currently working on the 2021 draft class and I'm about 50% done... minus the faces. Yep, this is a lot of work!
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:03 pm

Danchat wrote:
Theov wrote:
Danchat wrote:Yeah, that could work. So we're updating the player faces and touching up the stats a little bit?

Cool, let me know what you want me to do. I'm currently working on the 2021 draft class and I'm about 50% done... minus the faces. Yep, this is a lot of work!

Wow, I know how these feels when I created this season's draft class

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:17 am

Danchat wrote:Cool, let me know what you want me to do. I'm currently working on the 2021 draft class and I'm about 50% done... minus the faces. Yep, this is a lot of work!

We can't work on it simultaneously, only turn by turn.
I can do one position and you the next. Because I think it's fastest if you open one player at the time, and not have to re-open them multiple times.

Or you just finish your 21 class, and I'll finish the 18 class :D

But if you have good tips on how to do it, let me know.
No signature needed.

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:22 am

rogerjinx wrote:Wow, I know how these feels when I created this season's draft class

which are you talking about?
No signature needed.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:06 pm

Theov wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:Wow, I know how these feels when I created this season's draft class

which are you talking about?

Sorry, was pertaining to this season's (2020-2021) draft class.

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:56 am

Wait.
I used MaddenAMP because then I can change the original position.
No signature needed.

Return to “Draft Classes”