Madden created and edited draft classes?

Neal M
Pro Bowl

Postby Neal M » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:01 pm

One of the charms (for some, others hated it) of some of the versions of Madden, and even Head Coach 09 if I remember correctly, was that the draft classes were not randomly created. So after a while certain players developed legends around them etc, as must draft guys. I remember one draft where I drafted a HB in the second round, he was around the 3rd or 4th best hb in the class, and I had not found out about the legend who was #1, though he obviously looked great just from my scouting. Well anyway it worked out that my HB had a better career than the legend in the long run. Even though every post about that class only talked about the #1 guy, and no one ever mentioned my guy.

I always found stuff like that interesting, and it would be interesting to have draft classes posted here that were created and edited and then various members would be able to compare notes on who they drafted, how things worked out, who the studs were etc.

I am surprised I have not seen any posted random generated drafts that were cleaned up with NZA's editor or anything.
Any interest in that, besides me?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Neal M
Pro Bowl

Re: Madden created and edited draft classes?

Postby Neal M » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:02 pm

NO INTEREST: duly noted. :lol:

Does anybody post any madamp approved CPU generated draft classes?

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:36 pm

Neal M wrote:NO INTEREST: duly noted. :lol:

I had thought there were some fictional draft classes out there, maybe if you dig through the forums you could find them. When I do have time to make draft classes, I mainly focus on the real draft classes. I do have a few fictional draft classes but they aren't fully completed.

I'm not a fan of MaddenAMP's "approved" draft class - their standards are waaaay too low. Madden 08 doesn't give out enough progression for low OVR players, like what MaddenAMP wants, so the young players will never get better.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Neal M
Pro Bowl

Postby Neal M » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:43 pm

Danchat wrote:
Neal M wrote:NO INTEREST: duly noted. :lol:

I had thought there were some fictional draft classes out there, maybe if you dig through the forums you could find them. When I do have time to make draft classes, I mainly focus on the real draft classes. I do have a few fictional draft classes but they aren't fully completed.

I'm not a fan of MaddenAMP's "approved" draft class - their standards are waaaay too low. Madden 08 doesn't give out enough progression for low OVR players, like what MaddenAMP wants, so the young players will never get better.

Thanks, yeah I am going to use MaddenAmp to run the draft from classes I "fix" a little, but not let it "fix" them.

The only fictional draft classes I see are ones with specialties - like with names of movie characters etc. Not really into that.
I am surprised some of the heavy hitters here have not shared their CpU generated draft classes that they spent time "fixing" etc. Just realistic draft classes.

I thought it would be interesting to have some common CPU generated drafts to compare results, but apparently not... But it's all good.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:50 pm

I'd love to whip up a fictional draft class in my free time, but I've been very busy as of late. I'll jot something down in my backlog and maybe I'll get around to it.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:02 pm

Danchat wrote:...I'm not a fan of MaddenAMP's "approved" draft class - their standards are waaaay too low. Madden 08 doesn't give out enough progression for low OVR players, like what MaddenAMP wants, so the young players will never get better.

What do you mean by that? Do you mean if you "re-rate" the draft class in MaddenAMP it's not good? Or something else?

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:46 pm

rambolz wrote:
Danchat wrote:...I'm not a fan of MaddenAMP's "approved" draft class - their standards are waaaay too low. Madden 08 doesn't give out enough progression for low OVR players, like what MaddenAMP wants, so the young players will never get better.

What do you mean by that? Do you mean if you "re-rate" the draft class in MaddenAMP it's not good? Or something else?

For franchise purposes, MaddenAMP's re-rating process lowers their OVRs too much. For example, it recommends having just 10 rookies at 80 OVR and only 100 at or above 70 OVR. I think that's around 150 players at 69 OVR and under, and those are the type of guys who don't stay on rosters unless your franchise has very low OVR numbers. If you're using a franchise based off of a default roster / Rogerjinx roster, only a handful of rookies are going to stay on rosters and become starters. This is why I specifically edit the draft classes so that more players will make teams and be able to pass up veterans [eventually].

I hope that made sense and I answered your questions.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:19 pm

Danchat wrote:
rambolz wrote:

For franchise purposes, MaddenAMP's re-rating process lowers their OVRs too much. For example, it recommends having just 10 rookies at 80 OVR and only 100 at or above 70 OVR. I think that's around 150 players at 69 OVR and under, and those are the type of guys who don't stay on rosters unless your franchise has very low OVR numbers. If you're using a franchise based off of a default roster / Rogerjinx roster, only a handful of rookies are going to stay on rosters and become starters. This is why I specifically edit the draft classes so that more players will make teams and be able to pass up veterans [eventually].

I hope that made sense and I answered your questions.

Thanks for the info!

What about NZA's editor? Have you used its rookie rating fix? From the NZA franchise guide:
7]...Open the fra in my editor and head to the "Draft Class" tab. You should now import any draft class you want to use. If you want to use the generated draft class, I recommend heading to the "Misc" tab under the "Draft Class" section of my editor and applying the "Rookie ratings fix". This will "re-shape" the ratings of the class in many areas that I feel creates a far more balanced and realistic class

If you have, can I ask what do you think about the rookie ratings after going through the editor?

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:14 pm

I don't think I've ever tried that before. Maybe I never noticed it in that Misc. tab? I'll have to try it out, though it sounds like it will perform similar changes like I make to draft classes (limiting AWR, leveling ACC/SPD/AGL stats).

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:25 am

Danchat wrote:I don't think I've ever tried that before. Maybe I never noticed it in that Misc. tab? I'll have to try it out, though it sounds like it will perform similar changes like I make to draft classes (limiting AWR, leveling ACC/SPD/AGL stats).

I'm not sure either what it does. I'm pretty much a beginner when it comes to the off-season stuff. Let me know what you think if you ever try it out!

Return to “Draft Classes”