Draft Classes? New to Madden 08 PC

wdt92
Rookie

Postby wdt92 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:54 pm

Hey, so I'm really new at the entire modding thing with Madden. I've played the console games, but now I'm trying to basically figure this whole thing out and I am kind of confused by the wording of the first time guide. So I have 2 questions and hope I'm not too far off base here.

First and foremost, I don't really want to mod my entire game. So with rosters and basic Draft classes, would I have to? I am aiming to try and recreate the game from 07 (start) - as long as draft classes go.

With that question out there, my second question is really related. Is there still up to date Draft classes from 2007-onward? I've downloaded a few and I'm heavily thankful for those. However, there are many files here that are damaged according to my WinZIP and the FFwiki that is suggested on those posts doesn't appear to work anymore. I have currently the 2008, 2010, 2016 & 2017 Draft Classes and just looking to fill the gaps.

Thank you for your time reading and hope someone can educate me and help me out! :)

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Draft Classes? New to Madden 08 PC

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:51 am

wdt92 wrote:Hey, so I'm really new at the entire modding thing with Madden. I've played the console games, but now I'm trying to basically figure this whole thing out and I am kind of confused by the wording of the first time guide. So I have 2 questions and hope I'm not too far off base here.

First and foremost, I don't really want to mod my entire game. So with rosters and basic Draft classes, would I have to? I am aiming to try and recreate the game from 07 (start) - as long as draft classes go.

With that question out there, my second question is really related. Is there still up to date Draft classes from 2007-onward? I've downloaded a few and I'm heavily thankful for those. However, there are many files here that are damaged according to my WinZIP and the FFwiki that is suggested on those posts doesn't appear to work anymore. I have currently the 2008, 2010, 2016 & 2017 Draft Classes and just looking to fill the gaps.

Thank you for your time reading and hope someone can educate me and help me out! :)

The FF Wiki doesn't actually exist anymore. It was shut down due to lack of use.

Any files can be found on the files page, which is a stickied topic on this site. Go to any subforum and you'll see it near the top. You can also find draft classes in this "draft classes" subforum.

Basically, I highly suggest going through the starting guide for new players. Just skip the part referring to the FF/FI Mod. That updates the game to 2016/2017.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18494
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

wdt92
Rookie

Postby wdt92 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:36 pm

Thanks! I appreciate the reply! Definitely answers what I hoped with rosters & draft classes. :)

I went through both starting guide (which I am now in love with the NZA Editor even though I couldn't get MaddenAMP to work) and went through every post on the Draft Class forum. I don't want to seem like I'm not grateful, because I got 2008, 2010 & 2016-17. Which is awesome! However, I couldn't get the others there. Unfortunately the rar files there are now corrupted, or my WinRAR & 7ZIP couldn't open them.

Any advice? Thanks again for your help! Also thanks for moving this to Draft Class. I wasn't sure if I needed to post there or Q&A.

EDIT: I got one to work! Thanks to kirk1827 on the Draft Collection post. Thanks RevanFan for your post and taking the time to help direct me where I needed to go. :D :D :D

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:33 am

wdt92 wrote:Thanks! I appreciate the reply! Definitely answers what I hoped with rosters & draft classes. :)

I went through both starting guide (which I am now in love with the NZA Editor even though I couldn't get MaddenAMP to work) and went through every post on the Draft Class forum. I don't want to seem like I'm not grateful, because I got 2008, 2010 & 2016-17. Which is awesome! However, I couldn't get the others there. Unfortunately the rar files there are now corrupted, or my WinRAR & 7ZIP couldn't open them.

Any advice? Thanks again for your help! Also thanks for moving this to Draft Class. I wasn't sure if I needed to post there or Q&A.

EDIT: I got one to work! Thanks to kirk1827 on the Draft Collection post. Thanks RevanFan for your post and taking the time to help direct me where I needed to go. :D :D :D

If some of the draft class downloads have damaged files between years 2008-2017, please tell me which ones so I can fix them so others don't have this same problem.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

wdt92
Rookie

Postby wdt92 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:09 am

Thanks, that's nice of you. :) There were quite a few that were damaged, though ironically I don't think any were your revised classes. In fact, if my memory serves me right, I think all the working ones I had by the original post were your's. I'm in the process of reworking my draft class files to the most up to date ones to match (I ended up modding the game as I figured out how everything worked), so I'll let you know which ones work as I update mine.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Your edited (I think) 2009 draft class doesn't work. I did get dawg317's file to work from the "files to download" page. In fact, after updating my computer all of the files on that page are now working for me. Sorry if I wasted anybody's time, Idk why the update changed how the rar files reacted.

Return to “Draft Classes”