Draft Class Questions

WillProsper
All-Pro

Draft Class Questions

Postby WillProsper » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:09 am

When you import draft classes into a franchise, and play through several years, do the best players tend to progress similar to real life, or would there be a lot of need to edit attributes over time? There are some players who don't show a lot of promise rookie year (e.g. Tom Brady), but develop into stars over time.

Also, if I start my franchise at some point in history, say 2008 (or maybe even earlier), should I use a current Mod, or just the stock?
"People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society." -Vince Lombardi

My Franchise Journal: http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18486

Draft Class Questions

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Draft class for 2008-2014

Postby Danchat » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:08 pm

WillProsper wrote:When you import draft classes into a franchise, and play through several years, do the best players tend to progress similar to real life, or would there be a lot of need to edit attributes over time? There are some players who don't show a lot of promise rookie year (e.g. Tom Brady), but develop into stars over time.

Also, if I start my franchise at some point in history, say 2008 (or maybe even earlier), should I use a current Mod, or just the stock?

There is no "potential" stat in Madden, so no, players won't develop into stars over time unless you manually do something about it.

I recommend you use a mod when you start a new franchise, but it's not required. You can download a mod in the middle of your season if you choose.

(also, I am going to move this to its own topic. This was a necro-bump.)
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

WillProsper
All-Pro

Re: Draft Class Questions

Postby WillProsper » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:06 pm

It would be cool if there was a way to play through an entire era with draft classes already set, and something built in that progressed known stars accordingly. I guess thats kind of far fetched though, huh?

I guess I should just import historical draft classes each year, and update attributes mannually. Is there a way to do that quickly and easily, based on records from archive rosters, without messing up the franchise configurations?
"People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society." -Vince Lombardi

My Franchise Journal: http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18486

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:22 pm

WillProsper wrote:It would be cool if there was a way to play through an entire era with draft classes already set, and something built in that progressed known stars accordingly. I guess thats kind of far fetched though, huh?

I guess I should just import historical draft classes each year, and update attributes mannually. Is there a way to do that quickly and easily, based on records from archive rosters, without messing up the franchise configurations?

I'm not sure quite what you mean by "messing up franchise configurations". When you edit the draft class, I would try to make sure you don't make the class too strong or too weak in order to keep your franchise balanced. Also, if, for example, you give a player like Tom Brady a high OVR, he's going to get drafted in a much earlier round (I am stating the obvious here, but basically you lose out on being able to draft players where they historically went).
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

WillProsper
All-Pro

Postby WillProsper » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:07 am

Suppose I start with a 1990 Roster, and import draft classes for each year as I play through the franchise.
Some players that may not have great attributes when drafted, but who we know turned out to be stars, would need to be adjusted manually over time. Likewise, other players who appeared to be unstoppable, and who went high in drafts, turned out to decline quickly, right?

So, I guess I was hoping for a simple and accurate way to make these adjustments.
I can't import whole rosters each year, because that would null any trades I've made in the franchise, right? Although, I guess I could import rosters, and then adjust the trades manually each year to keep up. But, then I would also lose the franchise stats, right?

Is there a way to find complete attribute/ratings lists for all players each year, and import them to the franchise roster, or would I need to manually enter each update individually?

WillProsper
All-Pro

Postby WillProsper » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:38 pm

When I import historic rosters, and eventually draft class files, do I also need to load player portraits? I don't see these included with any. I loaded the 1986 Roster, and plan to franchise through current day. Right now it shows the generic images (though it appears they have been edited to resemble the real players -that must have been a lot of work =) but, what would be even cooler is if there was a way to get the real portraits.

Also, as I get closer to current day, will the portraits included in XV Mod populate correctly, or are those based only on the XV default roster?

kirk1827
Pro Bowl

Postby kirk1827 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:35 am

WillProsper wrote:When I import historic rosters, and eventually draft class files, do I also need to load player portraits? I don't see these included with any. I loaded the 1986 Roster, and plan to franchise through current day. Right now it shows the generic images (though it appears they have been edited to resemble the real players -that must have been a lot of work =) but, what would be even cooler is if there was a way to get the real portraits.

Also, as I get closer to current day, will the portraits included in XV Mod populate correctly, or are those based only on the XV default roster?

I think Historic player portraits aren't created yet. Only the Rams and Cowboys historic players have portraits and they are in some portrait pack i picked up around here.

I'm thinking of doing one for a series of historic draft classes I'm trying to create, but when i get there, I'll have to learn how its done.

But yea it would be awesome to have a real Joe Montana photo, but it would need to get merged with current player portraits made by fellow FI/FF users.

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:33 pm

I started with the 1986 roster and there are draftclasses well into the 90s.

I like it to see someplayers show up and some not.
But most good players get good stats in the draft classes. Someone who makes a draft class won't give brady an 80 80 arm and 65 OVR rating.
No signature needed.

Return to “Draft Classes”