New, so excuse the dumb questions SORRY

Larslal
Rookie

Postby Larslal » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:04 am

I do not care about the names are right in a draft class. I use Nza's Madden 08 Franchise Guide. Is there anything I should be aware of so that my draft class is as Nza's Madden 08 Franchise Guide would like.
Thinking of their ovr is too high? or anything else I should be aware of.

The second questions
Is there someone who can throw a link to the newest or the most stable MaddenAmp.

Hoping for help
Yours sincerely
Lars

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: New, so excuse the dumb questions SORRY

Postby Danchat » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:35 am

For OVRs, I recommend something like this:
1st round picks: 80 and higher
2nd: 77-79
3rd: 75-77
4th: 73-75
5th: 71-73
6th: 69-71
7th: 68 and lower
Your draft class doesn't have to follow this perfectly, but make sure there aren't too many players over 80 OVR and make sure that there are some in the high 60s.

I believe MaddenAMP 3.7 is the most stable, so go here: http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=16849
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Raston
MVP

Re: New, so excuse the dumb questions SORRY

Postby Raston » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:10 pm

Danchat wrote:For OVRs, I recommend something like this:
1st round picks: 80 and higher
2nd: 77-79
3rd: 75-77
4th: 73-75
5th: 71-73
6th: 69-71
7th: 68 and lower
Your draft class doesn't have to follow this perfectly, but make sure there aren't too many players over 80 OVR and make sure that there are some in the high 60s.

That was my guideline too until I started entering the data EA gives for SPD,ACC,AGL,AWE, catch, blocking, etc. for the players over the last couple years. This alone is what puts our players higher than the Overall ratings EA gives them. It comes from Madden 08 being old and not having the extra tables the newer games have which modifies the main stats lower to what is the assumed Overalls. In the FFXV mod you will see many rookie players over 80 but the key is looking at their awareness, catch, tackle, blocking, etc. that might give them a slight advantage over another player. For example, there was a 2nd round player drafted by the Bengals who had exceptional stats but had very low AWE. Forget his name at the moment. He was considered a high potential project player due to his physical abilities but only played football for a few years. If I entered his stats as given by EA he would've been rated an 88 I think. So, I guess you could say the FFXV mod is similar to your EA college game with it's ratings.

I've not viewed the QB ratings, but I will say that if you use the AI generated rookie class in your Franchise you'll see some amazing stats. I saw a half dozen or more rookie QB's who had AWE, THP and THA which was better than many of the 2nd and 3rd year QB's in the FFXV mod. The highest one I saw had an AWE of 78, THP - 96 and THA - 88. With those stats the rookie QB could start in over half the NFL teams.

Return to “Draft Classes”