*NEW* 2023 DRAFT CLASS COMPLETE

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: *NEW* 2023 DRAFT CLASS COMPLETE

Postby Danchat » Sat May 06, 2023 12:28 pm

sflcurt wrote:Thank you for your response, but I need more information.

I did review your import guide, but it doesn't help.

In your reply to my original question you state I can open your mdc file with a text editor. What do you mean? I can't open it with Microsoft Word or Notepad - both text editors. And I can't read the file with the NZA editor b/C it will only read fra and ros files.

Also, regarding your guide instructions, I created a franchise file in Madden; I then loaded the fra file using NZA's editor (i.e., select the Franchise button at the bottom of the page, then select my franchise file). Next, I selected the draft class tab at the upper right of the editor. No draft class appeared (probably bc it has not been imported yet.)

Next on the draft class tab page, I selected Import MDC (using your mdc file). Nothing appeared in the draft class list.

Next, reloaded the franchise file as described above, then selected the "Load Franchise" button under the draft class tab as per your instructions. The franchise file loaded but no rookie class appeared.

Lastly, I selected the Import MDC button to try and import the rookie class into my fra file. Again, nothing happened.

What am I doing wrong?

You can't open it with Notepad? That's odd, it's working for me. Can you try dragging the .mdc file into Notepad?

The Draft Class panel is empty because your franchise is in the midst of a season (assuming you're using the fra that you just created), and the draft class is only available over the offseason. The game creates the class once you hit the Retirement phase of the offseason. If you open a franchise file that is at that point, you can then import/export draft classes. You can't import a class in the midst of an ongoing season, you have to overwrite the draft class Madden makes.

You might need to show me some screenshots so I can understand what exactly is going wrong here.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Sponsor

Sponsor

sflcurt
Pro Bowl

Postby sflcurt » Sat May 06, 2023 1:42 pm

Thank you for responding. I am aware that the franchise must be in retirement mode. However, I don't see any buttons to advance it to that status. I will check again

I finally got it to open in notepad. My computer was defaulting to a photo editor to open the file (lol) so I had to select notepad to open the file

sflcurt
Pro Bowl

Postby sflcurt » Sat May 06, 2023 1:52 pm

I'm guessing to advance to retirement, I must complete season 1 of my franchise. I tried simulating the preseason - wouldn't simulate. Can't advance to the regular season until I complete the preseason. FYI, I am familiar with how to advance through the preseason and unplayed games in the regular season using madden on my x-box 1.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sun May 07, 2023 1:29 pm

sflcurt wrote:I'm guessing to advance to retirement, I must complete season 1 of my franchise. I tried simulating the preseason - wouldn't simulate. Can't advance to the regular season until I complete the preseason. FYI, I am familiar with how to advance through the preseason and unplayed games in the regular season using madden on my x-box 1.

There shouldn't be anything wrong with the franchise file if you just created it, unless the roster it is based on has issues. Could you upload the franchise file so I could look at it? I'll try simulating to the offseason and try importing a draft class into it.

sflcurt
Pro Bowl

Postby sflcurt » Mon May 08, 2023 9:55 pm

here is the fra file. It is based upon rogerjinxs 2023 roster file
Attachments
2023 SEASON - DRAFT.fra
(4.42 MiB) Downloaded 98 times

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri May 12, 2023 1:08 am

sflcurt wrote:here is the fra file. It is based upon rogerjinxs 2023 roster file

Hmmmm, I couldn't get the file to work either. I tried the usual fix I do on a busted franchise file, but that didn't work. Not sure what to do next.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Fri May 12, 2023 4:45 am

sflcurt wrote:here is the fra file. It is based upon rogerjinxs 2023 roster file

Hey are you importing the draft class with this franchise file? It wont work since the draft class must be imported prior to retirement phase. The franchise file you are using is in the draft phase already and you will need to update at least 3 tables connected to it if you will force the draft class in this thread

sflcurt
Pro Bowl

Postby sflcurt » Mon May 15, 2023 2:02 pm

Thank you RogerJinx for your reply. "Yes" to your question about whether I was trying to import the draft class (mdc file) into the franchise. From the readings of various posts I say, I thought that was what I was to do i.e., create a fra file in Madden, then import the draft class.

It was suggested that the file was not in the retirement state, therefore couldn't import the draft class. However, I could not find how to advance the fra file to the next stage (retirement).

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Mon May 15, 2023 5:23 pm

sflcurt wrote:Thank you RogerJinx for your reply. "Yes" to your question about whether I was trying to import the draft class (mdc file) into the franchise. From the readings of various posts I say, I thought that was what I was to do i.e., create a fra file in Madden, then import the draft class.

It was suggested that the file was not in the retirement state, therefore couldn't import the draft class. However, I could not find how to advance the fra file to the next stage (retirement).

That franchise file is not yet ready yet for 2024 offseason if you want to go to retirement phase of that season. Also you'll have duplicate players since 2023 rookies are already ready for drafting in that franchise file.

sflcurt
Pro Bowl

Postby sflcurt » Fri May 19, 2023 11:27 am

Lol. Too much work for my limited skill set. I'll wait until you have your latest ros file completed. thank you.

Return to “Draft Classes”