PS2 NCAA Draft Class to Madden 08 PC

miamiballer2k5
Rookie

Re: PS2 NCAA Draft Class to Madden 08 PC

Postby miamiballer2k5 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:58 am

mattjames2010 wrote:
Danchat wrote:
mattjames2010 wrote:If this is impossible to do directly with the NFL Draft Class File, what is the easiest and simplest way to manually remove the players from the draft class file, put them into a spreadsheet, and make your own custom draft file with those players? If that makes sense.

The easiest way to do exactly that would be to use the DB editor, get the PLAY file, and then take all players from team 1015 (the draft class "team") out and edit them to your liking. You'd then import the data back in to the PLAY file.

If you're looking for something that would be more user-friendly, you could try NZA 2.0 editor or Madden AMP, and simply manipulate the data in the editors that have nice GUIs. That's how I prefer to edit draft classes, though sometimes the applications will crash (NZA is notorious for this).

Oh, and I'm taking about Madden 08 PC files... I know nothing about PS2 files.

Ah okay, that actually makes this a lot easier. I never noticed the "Export to MDC" in NZA Editor. For anyone who ever wants to bring their PS2 NCAA Draft class to Madden 08, I'll give the steps with this method

1. Have a copy of a PS2 NCAA AND PS2 Madden game
2. Simulate through PS2 Madden season and select "import draft class" after the Pro-Bowl
3. Simulate through the owner part of the offseason and save at the retirement stage
4. Have a way to get your PS2 Madden save file to your PC (Example: FreeMcBoot)
5. Once you have the file on your computer, you must first edit the save file with a Hex Editor: Open the file in the editor and remove from the first line "02 00 00 00" and save
6. Change your file to .fra so it can be opened in the Madden Editor
7. Open the franchise file in Madden editor go to Edit > Rookie Draft Class and click "Export to MDC" and save your new MDC file
8. Profit

I'm not entirely sure if there is a method out there of simply converting the NCAA draft class file directly to MDC, but this is one method and it's relatively simple if you already have a way to transfer save files from console to PC. I'm sure there is a way to do this with save files from emulators, but I only play NCAA games on my console.

Is it possible to do essentially a reverse of this process and convert a Madden PC MDC file to the psu PS2 format. I want to take some great draft classes for the PC version and make them playable on the PS2.

Re: PS2 NCAA Draft Class to Madden 08 PC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Draft Classes”