Any info regarding this project?

Temporary forum for the discussion of the Tuesday Morning project, to enhance the Madden 08 off-the-field experience.
chaodck
Rookie

Postby chaodck » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:15 pm

Hey guys, I'm pretty much amazed but what you're trying to do, huge congratz on a great idea!!
I'm worried though it might never happen, as the last post in this forum is almost a month old. Are you still working on this?

Sorry if I sound demanding or something like that, it isn't my spirit at all, I just want to know if this is alive.
Thanks a lot for the time you put into this!

Alfonso.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Re: Any info regarding this project?

Postby ycleped » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:47 am

chaodck wrote:Hey guys, I'm pretty much amazed but what you're trying to do, huge congratz on a great idea!!
I'm worried though it might never happen, as the last post in this forum is almost a month old. Are you still working on this?

Sorry if I sound demanding or something like that, it isn't my spirit at all, I just want to know if this is alive.

Alfonso.

May I ask what project you are talking about :?:
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:15 am

CaptainJ wrote:
chaodck wrote:Hey guys, I'm pretty much amazed but what you're trying to do, huge congratz on a great idea!!

Alfonso.

Tuesday Morning Manager.

chaodck
Rookie

Postby chaodck » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:25 pm

NickyJ wrote:
CaptainJ wrote:

Alfonso.

Tuesday Morning Manager.

Exactly, I thought I was being clear enough, by posting this in the sub-forum of the project. Sorry for being so cryptic with the post.

dawg317
MVP

Postby dawg317 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:36 pm

chaodck wrote:Exactly, I thought I was being clear enough, by posting this in the sub-forum of the project. Sorry for being so cryptic with the post.

Sometimes obvious isn't obvious enough.
"Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble." - John Madden

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:28 pm

dawg317 wrote:
chaodck wrote:Exactly, I thought I was being clear enough, by posting this in the sub-forum of the project. Sorry for being so cryptic with the post.

Sometimes obvious isn't obvious enough.

If you look on the main page, it says this post is under the Development category. It is not that I am clueless, I just didn't know it was under the Tuesday Morning Manager sub-category. I was wondering what you meant by OBVIOUS, so I clicked on the Development category. It wasn't as OBVIOUS as you thought. Now can you see why I would be confused?
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:32 pm

It's in the Tuesday Morning Manager section of the Development subforum.

Either way, now we all know. Moving on....

Drizzt_13
All-Pro

Postby Drizzt_13 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:13 pm

I haven't heard from toronto gruddlies for a while and he does all the actual programming for this, I just try to write equations for modeling various processes. We were a pretty long way from finishing anything comprehensive but we had some good ideas and if anyone still wants to discuss ideas about this and pitch in I don't think it could hurt.

Recently I've mostly been trying to understand the maddenamp formulas just to see how somebody else handles the same problems. I've also been trying to figure out a way to use full control simulation rather than the regular sim as it is more complex and responds to more factors. Clicking through each box in order to sim a whole season takes quite a while and so trying to recalibrate sliders to that rather than to the regular sim is too time consuming until I can figure out a way to do it quickly. I don't consider myself particularly tech savvy so any help in that regard would be appreciated.

torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:02 pm

Revisiting this topic...

As there are still seemingly no plans to bring Madden back to the PC, I think something like we were discussing still sounds like a good idea. Due to being very busy at work, I've been very absent from it for quite some time.

The thing is, the talk was to basically build an AI which could possibly cover drafting, free agents and trades...fairly extensive. In my opinion we'd need about four or five people devoting serious time to working on pieces of it.... back when we were coming up with outlines, we had two of us mainly, plus occasional input and feedback from a few others. So, wondering if there might be others who might be able to take on something like this, including a bit of development. The "object oriented" stuff I developed isn't too difficult to use, and makes it so that we don't have to spend hours writing code for simple tasks. Example, if we wanted to grab a list of every second-string QB (for whatever reason) we could do it rather easily.

superben21
MVP

Postby superben21 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:27 am

torontogrudlies wrote:Revisiting this topic...

As there are still seemingly no plans to bring Madden back to the PC, I think something like we were discussing still sounds like a good idea. Due to being very busy at work, I've been very absent from it for quite some time.

The thing is, the talk was to basically build an AI which could possibly cover drafting, free agents and trades...fairly extensive. In my opinion we'd need about four or five people devoting serious time to working on pieces of it.... back when we were coming up with outlines, we had two of us mainly, plus occasional input and feedback from a few others. So, wondering if there might be others who might be able to take on something like this, including a bit of development. The "object oriented" stuff I developed isn't too difficult to use, and makes it so that we don't have to spend hours writing code for simple tasks. Example, if we wanted to grab a list of every second-string QB (for whatever reason) we could do it rather easily.

I don't know coding/development, however, I could run formulas or probabilities in excel for draft/trade logic, player value to team, or anything else you needed. I'm very interested in this app and would love to help out in anyway possible. I just wish I had more skills :/

I have been coming up with values for what players should be worth to a team based off of what position the player is, what playbook the coach uses, who else is on the team, what the players overall is, what the players specific attributes are depeneding on playbook, and how cool there name is :P (just kidding that part). For example, if a coach uses mostly shotgun with some singleback in there sometime, then the value of a great fullback like Vonte Leach would be say 3/10 while if a coach called most i-formation, strong, and weak, I the value of Leach could be a 10 and the value of a second rate FB could be even say 7/10. In the former team, the FB position just isn't that valuable, while on the later team a second tear fullback is worth more to them than the best is too the first team. Now of course many many many more things would factor into this but thats the general idea.

I've been working to get this idea in a workable process (which it isn't now) so that I could post it and hope a developer took a look. If your back though Dave, maybe we could work on it together? Or I could just finish what I'm working on and send it to you to look at and potentially incorporate if you liked it? Let me know.
~ Superben21 | An active moderator at one point or another.

Return to “Tuesday Morning Manager”