Sports journal

Temporary forum for the discussion of the Tuesday Morning project, to enhance the Madden 08 off-the-field experience.
torontogrudlies
MVP

Sports journal

Postby torontogrudlies » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:46 am

There is working code for a "sports journal" look at the start of the season. Recap of last year, highlights of offseason changes, and predictions for the season. In the example below, it says they'll win 0 games, but this is because of changes I made to the script which I didn't tie up yet.

If we are successful in creating script to analyze team's needs and weaknesses, this would easily become part of this preseason journal too.

I would also toy with the idea of this being a weekly journal? Although I'm thinking more of a brief recap of the previous game, plus newsworthy items...and a segment with player comments from the locker room.

The Anarchy won 7 games in the 2012 campaign, but missed the playoffs.
The general manager was very busy in the offseason. Ted Hartley, Chuck McGrath, Matt Alexander and Lee Sheth were among the significant veterans added to the roster. ''We're very excited about this change,'' Coach Price said. ''We feel like we've got some real impact players coming in.''
On draft day, Orange County used the #11 overall pick to select offensive lineman Jack Harmon. ''We think this guy will help shore up our protection up front,'' OC Fairchild said.
It won't be all familiar faces when the Anarchy take the field on opening weekend. Steve Hobbs and Reggie Carrier announced their retirement at the conclusion of last season.
It'll be a rebuilding year for the Anarchy. FI.com predicts they'll win 0 games and will miss the playoffs.

Sports journal

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Tuesday Morning Manager”