general topic regarding app...

Temporary forum for the discussion of the Tuesday Morning project, to enhance the Madden 08 off-the-field experience.
Drizzt_13
All-Pro

Re: general topic regarding app...

Postby Drizzt_13 » Fri May 04, 2012 12:03 am

Sorry I haven't been able to contribute much lately, It's been a really busy week. I'm still committed to helping out on this project I just can't do anything this week,.

Sponsor

Sponsor

torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Fri May 04, 2012 12:06 am

That's cool, it's been busy here as well.... I've been trying to work on code which determines a playoff picture, but it's been an exercise in frustration.

torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Fri May 04, 2012 12:18 am

We need someone who is good at project management, to maybe set up some sort of timeline for development and testing, who's coming up with each piece, who's testing, etc. I can of course do the VB programming. Anyone good at managing/coordinating such things?

superben21
MVP

Postby superben21 » Fri May 04, 2012 11:32 am

School has ended (for the most part) so if no one else steps up I could give "managing" the project a go if you'd like. Making up strategic/tactical/operational plans would be no problem as I'm good with that. So if you want me, just let me know. :)

(FYI I will be out of town this weekend)
~ Superben21 | An active moderator at one point or another.

torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Fri May 04, 2012 3:03 pm

That might be helpful....as y'all may have seen just from reading my various posts about the app, I sometimes tend to do things "out of order"... working on agents one week and playoff scenarios the next, without any organized agenda. I've taken a lot of notes which I've just been putting onto a wiki, but need a way to bring it all together, plus being able to put in the pieces coming from those who have offered help!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri May 04, 2012 3:35 pm

I'll gladly beta test when you reach that stage.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Sat May 05, 2012 12:23 pm

Got it.

With regard to the customized NFL rosters....when you guys do those, are you editing things such as what team they were on previously, and any of their stat history? I ask because I tried creating a franchise out of one of the rosters for some testing, but one of my scripts identified a number of players as having been "acquired in the offseason" although they'd been on said team for a few seasons.

I have a piece of code which determines if this is the player's first year on this team...not only for the preseason news, but because his awareness will probably be slightly shallow until he's had more time "playing in this system." To determine this, I pull the player's stat history record from the season just prior, and compare the team ID.

Just wondering if this is something which gets addressed in the roster mods? I would imagine it might not, as you're having to keep up with hundreds of players....

torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Fri May 11, 2012 9:27 am

We'll also have to have someone, knowledgeable about the workings of the franchise data, who can check "integrity." I'd define this as: (a) changes made by this app don't end up corrupting the franchise file, and (b) the franchise is still normally usable, should the user discontinue use of the app.

torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Wed May 30, 2012 9:49 pm

I was thinking that it might be cool to be able to hire positional coaches.... like QB, RBs, O-line, D-line, LBs, etc.

It could be done through the TMM and the secondary database. But, trouble is there aren't enough coaches in the COCH table.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed May 30, 2012 11:01 pm

torontogrudlies wrote:I was thinking that it might be cool to be able to hire positional coaches.... like QB, RBs, O-line, D-line, LBs, etc.

It could be done through the TMM and the secondary database. But, trouble is there aren't enough coaches in the COCH table.

Well, if you add every coach in the NFL to the franchise, you'd probably have enough.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Tuesday Morning Manager”