general topic regarding app...

Temporary forum for the discussion of the Tuesday Morning project, to enhance the Madden 08 off-the-field experience.
torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:22 am

I started a new subforum for this app, as it seems there are several areas to discuss which could get "lost" in a single thread. (If this would also be helpful with other specific projects, such as the updated rosters or draft classes, let me know as well and these can be added too...)

Here's a somewhat general overview of some of the tasks which this program can hopefully address:

http://www.footballidiot.com/wiki/index.php5/App_modes

Many things can be governed by supplemental attributes which will be given to the players and teams in a linked database. We will also need to figure out formulas to rate transactions and player values to teams, plus logic to emulate artificial intelligence for CPU teams.

Sponsor

Sponsor

dawg317
MVP

Re: general topic regarding app...

Postby dawg317 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:45 am

But isn't it more than just a "Tuesday Morning" thing? Tuesday morning sounds to me like only after game day, kind of like Monday Morning QB. Isn't it more like a "Front Office Assistant" app?
"Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble." - John Madden

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:29 am

dawg317 wrote:But isn't it more than just a "Tuesday Morning" thing? Tuesday morning sounds to me like only after game day, kind of like Monday Morning QB. Isn't it more like a "Front Office Assistant" app?

You could say that. It does go very in depth during the offseason, and also in other front office things.

Dave, this will be a revolutionary tool when it is complete, and I hope to use it in my franchise (if I can ever get it to stop crashing going into season 2.)
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:50 am

We also need to figure out how this will work with Madden and with other third-party apps, in the sense of, will it supplement or replace certain features?

I think this app should leave the actual draft and training camp alone.... the Maddenamp utilities for those are stellar and there's no need to reinvent the wheel.

If we do the app right, it could handle the week to week stuff like signing free agents, the trades, and maybe even the IR, which might mean setting all 32 teams to human controlled so the in-game won't touch certain stuff.

Playing with the depth charts sounds risky. Can it be done without crashing everything?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:52 am

torontogrudlies wrote:Playing with the depth charts sounds risky. Can it be done without crashing everything?

Madden Amp did it just fine.

Also, how about having a feature allowing all 32 teams to sign/draft up to 90 players in the offseason, instead of just the one team you control?
My Cowboys Journal

torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:59 am

RevanFan wrote:
torontogrudlies wrote:Playing with the depth charts sounds risky. Can it be done without crashing everything?

Also, how about having a feature allowing all 32 teams to sign/draft up to 90 players in the offseason, instead of just the one team you control?

Tricky. Each player will have a corresponding record in the secondary database, so we could have some kind of team ID in there.

If the signing is being done in the external app, it should be doable, but stuff like the draft, I think, is going to know that it's exceeded 55 players?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:30 am

torontogrudlies wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Tricky. Each player will have a corresponding record in the secondary database, so we could have some kind of team ID in there.

If the signing is being done in the external app, it should be doable, but stuff like the draft, I think, is going to know that it's exceeded 55 players?

If you can negotiate and sign contracts in the app, the game won't be able to tell you "You have too many players." You would simulate to the player signing stage after the Draft, run the Madden Amp draft, and then use the TM app to sign the rookies.

If you could do both free agencies and the draft in external apps, you would never need to move players to the PS team during the offseason, thus avoiding issues that can lead to crashes.
My Cowboys Journal

superben21
MVP

Postby superben21 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:30 pm

I believe ideally everyone would like to see this app and the other third party utilities run everything but the game itself. So having say 90 players in the offseason and things like that the game couldn't yell at you for. If it can be determined how to make the game move from stage to stage without crashing then you could theoretically eliminate the offseason program in-game entirely.....that would be a ton of work though....
~ Superben21 | An active moderator at one point or another.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:39 pm

superben21 wrote:I believe ideally everyone would like to see this app and the other third party utilities run everything but the game itself. So having say 90 players in the offseason and things like that the game couldn't yell at you for. If it can be determined how to make the game move from stage to stage without crashing then you could theoretically eliminate the offseason program in-game entirely.....that would be a ton of work though....

The game doesn't crash stage-to-stage. Just don't move players back and forth to and from the PS team except for during certain parts of the offseason, and you're good.
My Cowboys Journal

superben21
MVP

Postby superben21 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:37 pm

RevanFan wrote:
superben21 wrote:I believe ideally everyone would like to see this app and the other third party utilities run everything but the game itself. So having say 90 players in the offseason and things like that the game couldn't yell at you for. If it can be determined how to make the game move from stage to stage without crashing then you could theoretically eliminate the offseason program in-game entirely.....that would be a ton of work though....

The game doesn't crash stage-to-stage. Just don't move players back and forth to and from the PS team except for during certain parts of the offseason, and you're good.

Sorry for the confusion but I was more saying that if we didn't have to do any of the offseason tasks in game it could greatly improve the offseason. Not that the game actually crashed stage to stage.
~ Superben21 | An active moderator at one point or another.

Return to “Tuesday Morning Manager”