Mark's easy franchise set up

Guides on achieving realism in franchise play.
marecone
Rookie

Postby marecone » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:23 am

Here goes :D . On these settings I have played multiple 20 season games and I am very satisfied. Later, if someone will be interested, I can post my slider settings wich I think, I took from this board.
Basically, AI needs help and without it, AI will do many mistakes like not resigning their star QB, or picking 3 HB in draft and similar stuff. This is why I take control over all teams.

So....
1. When starting season take control over all teams.
2. Leave free agent signing and roster fill in to cpu for all teams but yours
3. Trim all teams to 50 players so they have room for new players
4. Leave trade to CPU as well and trade only via trade block. Go only player for player and don't use draft picks. Draft picks can only be on your side of trade if you are ready to give up on them and only use draft picks from round 1 to round 5
5. In season I usually play when my score is even or bellow and if I have a positive score in wins then I simulate. Only time I brake this rule is in last round I need a win and then I will play the game. This way if I don't make PO it will be my fault and not CPU
6. Resign CPU players at the end of the season. Start from the best by OVR and offer them contract first. This way bad teams will gradually get better and better and you will often see familiar faces when you will play against certain team. Big swaps of star players will happen when player decide to hold up.
6.B. If this is too dull and you find that players are changing teams too slow you can use dice. For each team throw a dice. If you get let say number 2 then you will not resign 2nd best OVR player.
7. Draft for CPU! See what positions they lack or use their scouts and their suggestions. Draft max 5 players and sign them all. Rest of the picks is thrown away. CPU will have more cap room and will not collect all those 60's OVR players on their rosters.
8. Free agency is theirs and let CPU pick whatever he wants.
9. At the start of the new season cut all teams to 50 players again

You should follow the same rules as CPU and you will have a lot of fun.
One other thing I use is coach career. For example if I start with 49ers and Jim Harbaugh as HC I will use him as my career coach. This means that as long as I am with 49ers I will try to keep him, even if it means that I will have to load/save. Good thing about you controling all teams is that you can now swich teams. So.... If after 10 seasons I decide to switch team I just go with let say Hawks and take Jim Harbaugh as their coach.
This is just something extra that I find fun and personally for me it adds a lot to the game.

Hope you like it and feel free to let me know if there are some questions or just post is it working for you.

Sponsor

Sponsor

lichtental
MVP

Re: Mark's easy franchise set up

Postby lichtental » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:00 am

marecone wrote:Here goes :D . On these settings I have played multiple 20 season games and I am very satisfied. Later, if someone will be interested, I can post my slider settings wich I think, I took from this board.
Basically, AI needs help and without it, AI will do many mistakes like not resigning their star QB, or picking 3 HB in draft and similar stuff. This is why I take control over all teams.

So....
1. When starting season take control over all teams.
2. Leave free agent signing and roster fill in to cpu for all teams but yours
3. Trim all teams to 50 players so they have room for new players
4. Leave trade to CPU as well and trade only via trade block. Go only player for player and don't use draft picks. Draft picks can only be on your side of trade if you are ready to give up on them and only use draft picks from round 1 to round 5
5. In season I usually play when my score is even or bellow and if I have a positive score in wins then I simulate. Only time I brake this rule is in last round I need a win and then I will play the game. This way if I don't make PO it will be my fault and not CPU
6. Resign CPU players at the end of the season. Start from the best by OVR and offer them contract first. This way bad teams will gradually get better and better and you will often see familiar faces when you will play against certain team. Big swaps of star players will happen when player decide to hold up.
6.B. If this is too dull and you find that players are changing teams too slow you can use dice. For each team throw a dice. If you get let say number 2 then you will not resign 2nd best OVR player.
7. Draft for CPU! See what positions they lack or use their scouts and their suggestions. Draft max 5 players and sign them all. Rest of the picks is thrown away. CPU will have more cap room and will not collect all those 60's OVR players on their rosters.
8. Free agency is theirs and let CPU pick whatever he wants.
9. At the start of the new season cut all teams to 50 players again

You should follow the same rules as CPU and you will have a lot of fun.
One other thing I use is coach career. For example if I start with 49ers and Jim Harbaugh as HC I will use him as my career coach. This means that as long as I am with 49ers I will try to keep him, even if it means that I will have to load/save. Good thing about you controling all teams is that you can now swich teams. So.... If after 10 seasons I decide to switch team I just go with let say Hawks and take Jim Harbaugh as their coach.
This is just something extra that I find fun and personally for me it adds a lot to the game.

Hope you like it and feel free to let me know if there are some questions or just post is it working for you.

Thanks for sharing, till now i have followed NZA' franchiese guide and i have some questions about your's

1) you take control of the teams from the beginning of the franchise in the game or after with NZA editor ?

7) how can you draft for the CPU ?

8) if you have control of all teams how can CPU makes free agency

thank you :)

Sidelion
MVP

Postby Sidelion » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:05 am

You can set CPU controls for things like the draft in Franchise mode by going to the bottom-right, clicking Menu>Settings>Coach Options>Management. So to answer your questions more specifically:

1. (unsure about, probably doesn't matter either way?)

2. Keep "User" on for "Draft Players" for all 32 teams

3. Manually set "CPU" for "Sign Free Agents" for all other 31 teams if you mean signing free agents for every team; for releasing players in the offseason it's something you'll have to do by hand per this method
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

lichtental
MVP

Postby lichtental » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:06 am

Sidelion wrote:You can set CPU controls for things like the draft in Franchise mode by going to the bottom-right, clicking Menu>Settings>Coach Options>Management. So to answer your questions more specifically:

1. (unsure about, probably doesn't matter either way?)

2. Keep "User" on for "Draft Players" for all 32 teams

3. Manually set "CPU" for "Sign Free Agents" for all other 31 teams if you mean signing free agents for every team; for releasing players in the offseason it's something you'll have to do by hand per this method

Thank you !

I never explored that menu, i thought that was only for coach mode :(

the problem with the franchise is that a lot of teams don't use all their salary cap, so even if i allow myself only + 2 million for season, there are a lot of teams under my salary, i will try these suggestments

thanks again :)

Return to “Franchise Guides”