RevanFan's Franchise Guide (2022 Update)

Guides on achieving realism in franchise play.
petroleum
All-Pro

Re: RevanFan's Franchise guide

Postby petroleum » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:53 pm

lichtental wrote:some questions about the guide

What is the quickest way to move players from a team to practice squad and viceversa ? it must be done one player at a time ?

There is a tiny shortcut between pre-season weeks 1 and 2. You can also use the team swap function in NZA's Editor 1.3 (under Misc/Injury). Enter your team's ID number (you can find it in by clicking on your team in the team tab) and PS's team ID (1008, I think). Now, you will likely still need to move some players around individually to fill out roster minimum requirements (especially K, P and QB). Hopefully you should save yourself from moving some players individually. If the practice squad has enough players per position you could end up moving significantly fewer players individually.

Sponsor

Sponsor

lichtental
MVP

Postby lichtental » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:18 am

petroleum wrote:
lichtental wrote:some questions about the guide

What is the quickest way to move players from a team to practice squad and viceversa ? it must be done one player at a time ?

There is a tiny shortcut between pre-season weeks 1 and 2. You can also use the team swap function in NZA's Editor 1.3 (under Misc/Injury). Enter your team's ID number (you can find it in by clicking on your team in the team tab) and PS's team ID (1008, I think). Now, you will likely still need to move some players around individually to fill out roster minimum requirements (especially K, P and QB). Hopefully you should save yourself from moving some players individually. If the practice squad has enough players per position you could end up moving significantly fewer players individually.

Thank you :)

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat May 17, 2014 11:02 pm

So, in rereading old threads, I was wondering if anyone actually uses this guide regularly other than me, and if so, what do you think of it? I also have a few changes to make to it to incorporate some of the best parts of NZA's guide. Mostly for fixing dumb game bugs.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

timmhouch
Veteran

Postby timmhouch » Sun May 18, 2014 9:22 am

RevanFan wrote:So, in rereading old threads, I was wondering if anyone actually uses this guide regularly other than me, and if so, what do you think of it? I also have a few changes to make to it to incorporate some of the best parts of NZA's guide. Mostly for fixing dumb game bugs.

I dont actually use your guide, I use nza's franchise guide, but I am interested in your ideas for fixing dumb game bugs. Mainly the cpu releasing star players and signing too many players to a position, like 5 centers or 4 kickers.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun May 18, 2014 1:08 pm

timmhouch wrote:
RevanFan wrote:So, in rereading old threads, I was wondering if anyone actually uses this guide regularly other than me, and if so, what do you think of it? I also have a few changes to make to it to incorporate some of the best parts of NZA's guide. Mostly for fixing dumb game bugs.

I dont actually use your guide, I use nza's franchise guide, but I am interested in your ideas for fixing dumb game bugs. Mainly the cpu releasing star players and signing too many players to a position, like 5 centers or 4 kickers.

That idea is already in here. I just control all 32 teams and manually fix their screw ups. And why not use both guides? I use my guide, but also take a lot from NZA's. His guide was the defining Madden franchise guide on FF, after all. Our guides pretty much cover different things, and where we overlap, we normally agree. Would you ever consider trying my guide (it's a lot of work, but worth it. Makes franchise more enjoyable for me.)

Also, if you think 4 kickers is bad, you've never seen something like I've seen. One time, early in my franchise, a team signed 8 kickers and 4 punters. 8 and 4!!!
My Cowboys Journal

timmhouch
Veteran

Postby timmhouch » Sun May 18, 2014 2:20 pm

RevanFan wrote:That idea is already in here. I just control all 32 teams and manually fix their screw ups. And why not use both guides? I use my guide, but also take a lot from NZA's. His guide was the defining Madden franchise guide on FF, after all. Our guides pretty much cover different things, and where we overlap, we normally agree. Would you ever consider trying my guide (it's a lot of work, but worth it. Makes franchise more enjoyable for me.)

Also, if you think 4 kickers is bad, you've never seen something like I've seen. One time, early in my franchise, a team signed 8 kickers and 4 punters. 8 and 4!!!

The only reason I haven't tried your guide is it seems like a lot of work plus I usually just sim the preseason games but your franchise guide does seem interesting and since you say it makes franchise more enjoyable I'm gonna give it a try. 8 kickers and 4 punters!?!? Wow!! That's Madden for you. :D :D

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun May 18, 2014 2:25 pm

timmhouch wrote:
RevanFan wrote:That idea is already in here. I just control all 32 teams and manually fix their screw ups. And why not use both guides? I use my guide, but also take a lot from NZA's. His guide was the defining Madden franchise guide on FF, after all. Our guides pretty much cover different things, and where we overlap, we normally agree. Would you ever consider trying my guide (it's a lot of work, but worth it. Makes franchise more enjoyable for me.)

The only reason I haven't tried your guide is it seems like a lot of work plus I usually just sim the preseason games but your franchise guide does seem interesting and since you say it makes franchise more enjoyable I'm gonna give it a try. 8 kickers and 4 punters!?!? Wow!! That's Madden for you. :D :D

The feeling isn't the same for most people, but personally I love the preseason position battles and seeing who beats whom. Having 90 players, while it is work, feels all the more rewarding when you hit the regular season, seeing the 53 man roster and hoping they are the right 53. I've actually had some undrafted rookies develop into starters, including my franchise's current quarterback and #1 receiver (also, for humor's sake, the quarterback, who was undrafted, wears #9.) Anyway, don't try it until I have a chance to make my changes.
My Cowboys Journal

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun May 18, 2014 2:59 pm

Guide edited to reflect changes inspired by NZA's guide, as well as changes of my own making.
My Cowboys Journal

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun May 18, 2014 10:38 pm

I just added an additional guide. It teaches how to add undrafted rookies to a franchise. Well, my method of doing it anyway. It's worked well, and I've done it for my entire franchise (now in season 25). Enjoy this guide and please post any comments or questions!
My Cowboys Journal

patsallday
MVP

Postby patsallday » Sat May 24, 2014 5:25 pm

RevanFan, my roster needs help. It crashes when you sim preseason in franchise mode. My PM's aren't sending so I say sorry in advance for posting in the wrong thread. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16296
Patriots win SB 49 Hopefully....

Return to “Franchise Guides”