RevanFan's Franchise Guide (2022 Update)

Guides on achieving realism in franchise play.
RevanFan
Legend

Re: RevanFan's Franchise guide

Postby RevanFan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:36 pm

donwash wrote:Decided to experiment with this guide in preparation for starting a franchise with the completed Rogerjinx's 2017 roster. I omitted the 90 player managing and practice squad portion of the guide for now. I carefully followed all of the other steps after downloading the other required utilities and I must admit I love the final outcome. I almost changed my mind while managing the other 31 teams during the resigning period, especially the unique requirements of the 3-4 teams. Thanks for the posts about CPU teams releasing star players and signing numerous players as kickers, punter, and etc. I wasn't too shocked when I observed these things occurring. I found myself selecting the best available player to fill the roster of each team and released older players for younger talent. I completed the draft in Madden Amp which is totally different and I found enjoyable. I decided to leave the recommended coach sliders on for simulated and played games which appear to be more competitive in the All-Pro setting. Also I may have to increase my 8 minute quarters to generate enough stats for my players using those slider settings. Thanks RevanFan for refreshing my Madden PC gaming experience to match the awesome graphical works and utilities from the amazing contributors of FF.

I'm glad you liked it. I must say, though, this guide was mostly written with the 90-man training camp and practice squad in mind. The whole reason I wrote this was as a way to allow the preseason to be more realistic. If you ever do decide to do 90-player preseasons, even if it's just for one team, let me know your thoughts.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:30 pm

donwash wrote:Decided to experiment with this guide in preparation for starting a franchise with the completed Rogerjinx's 2017 roster. I omitted the 90 player managing and practice squad portion of the guide for now. I carefully followed all of the other steps after downloading the other required utilities and I must admit I love the final outcome. I almost changed my mind while managing the other 31 teams during the resigning period, especially the unique requirements of the 3-4 teams. Thanks for the posts about CPU teams releasing star players and signing numerous players as kickers, punter, and etc. I wasn't too shocked when I observed these things occurring. I found myself selecting the best available player to fill the roster of each team and released older players for younger talent. I completed the draft in Madden Amp which is totally different and I found enjoyable. I decided to leave the recommended coach sliders on for simulated and played games which appear to be more competitive in the All-Pro setting. Also I may have to increase my 8 minute quarters to generate enough stats for my players using those slider settings. Thanks RevanFan for refreshing my Madden PC gaming experience to match the awesome graphical works and utilities from the amazing contributors of FF.

I mostly use Revanfan's guide and I do 11 minute quarters. I find the stats come out just right with 44 in-game minutes.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:01 am

I just rewrote the section for the first season to reflect how I now would operate a franchise. Two steps were added and a few were rewritten.
My Cowboys Journal

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:58 pm

Updated this guide with some extra information about IR-Return rules.
My Cowboys Journal

luizrfurt
Rookie

Postby luizrfurt » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:22 am

RevanFan wrote:I posted this on FF, and got a very positive response, so I wanted to post it here, as well. This is a revised version, and is more up-to-date than the one I had on the FF before. The primary intent of this guide is to allow for a 90 player preseason and the experience of cutting the roster down to 53. Additionally, it discusses practice squads and proper use of the IR list. Below are two guides. The first is for season one, and the second is for every other season.

Code: Select all

This guide will allow you to play the preseason with 90 players and evaluate players like an actual NFL team would. Note that you can only do this with the FF mod or with a roster containing a practice squad team.

The following step-by-step formula is for season 1.

1. Skip training camp.

2. Open the franchise in NZA's Editor version 1.3. DON'T USE ANY VERSION OTHER THAN 1.3.

3. Move 35 players from your main team to the practice squad team.

4. Open the franchise in Madden, and sign players until your roster is full. The 55 on the main team and 35 on the PS team is your 90 total players.

5. Transfer all 35 players on the PS team back to the main team using NZA 1.3.

6. Make a depth chart containing all 90 players and write it down somewhere. Make a backup if you need to.

7. Move the bottom of your depth chart to the PS team using NZA 1.3. I suggest having the following players active for each preseason game, although it depends on who's on your roster.

*3 QBs
*3 HBs
*2 FBs
*6 WRs
*3 TEs
*4 OTs
*4 Gs
*2 Cs
*4 DEs
*3 DTs
*4 OLBs
*4 MLBs
*6 CBs
*2 SSs
*2 FSs
*1 K
*1 P
*1 LS

For a total of 55 players. These numbers can be changed to your liking, but you can use no more than 55 at a time. If you have an injury, put the players on the PS team and replace them with a backup. If you put anybody on the IR, put them on the PS team and keep them there until the end of the year.

8. After putting 55 players on your team and putting the other 35 on the PS team, auto-reorder the DC. Then use your DC you wrote down earlier to manually reorder the DC.

9. Play game 1. If you have any injuries, replace the injured player with a player on the PS team.

10. Now decide if you want to take out your starters. If not, play game 2. If you do, replace your starters with the next man up on the depth chart. Move the starters to the PS team and replace them.

11. Repeat step 6.

12. After game 2, take all the players on the PS team and add them to the main team. Replace the players on the PS team with the starters. You should now have only backups on your main team.

13. Repeat step 6.

14. For the final two games, you should have almost entirely backups playing. I do not recommend playing starters, but of course, you can if you choose to.

15. After the final game, move all of the players from the PS team to the main team, then cut or deactivate players until you have 53.

16. Advance to the regular season. Simulate every game except your own, and check to see how many of your cut players are still available in free agency. Pick 10 of them who are practice squad eligible to be your practice squad. Leave them in free agency instead of placing them on the PS team, though, as I find it increases the realism of them being able to be signed by any team. Just write them down so you don't forget they are your practice squad. You can sign them at any time much like a normal free agent. If you want to be able to have the right of first refusal, like in the real NFL, save your franchise before you simulate the computer's games. If anyone signs a player from your practice squad, you can go back to the old save and sign him if you want to keep him. Players can only be on the practice squad for three years. A player can only be placed on the practice squad if they have no accrued seasons of free agency, except for four players, who can be placed on the practice squad with 2 or less accrued seasons of free agency. To have an accrued season, a player must have played in more than five games. Players who are PS eligible and put on IR before playing in more than 5 games in a year do not gain an accrued year of service. As stated earlier, players can be on a PS for 3 seasons. Use however many seasons he has been on a PS to count how many years he has left, and do not use his years pro number. If a player has 5 years pro, he may still be eligible for the PS if he was put on IR one or two years without being on the PS, or was only on the active roster, but played in less than 6 games. A player also does not lose a year of practice squad eligibility unless he is on the practice squad for more than 5 games.

17. After you have all IR players on the PS team, you can now start playing regular season games. Make sure you auto-reorder your depth chart, and then set it to your liking. Continue to put IR players on the PS team and replace them with either PS players or free agents whenever needed throughout the year. Remember to always auto-reorder your depth chart after making a transaction of any kind.

I have recommended injury sliders for this guide, but you can use whatever injury sliders you wish. I recommend having the injury sliders set at 150% for preseason games and 113% for the regular season. It's all your choice though. Those recommendations are only for user games. Simulated games should be around 102-105%. Again, your choice.

I suggest you play the starters in the 1st quarter, the 2nd stringers (for positions with 3rd stringers) in the second quarter, and the remaining 2nd and 3rd stringers in the 2nd half.

Code: Select all

All that was for season 1 only. The next formula is for seasons 2-30.

1. After you finish season 1, don't advance to the offseason just yet.

2. Before advancing, add every player on your PS team to your regular team, and sign all practice squad players you wish to keep. You should have your active 53, PS and IR players all on the team. After this, open the franchise in NZA 1.3 and run the "Advanced AWR Boost" function. This will allow the younger players to progress a little further, especially the ones who were on the practice squad all year. I feel it adds realism, because players who are on the practice squad or the bench are supposed to be learning and progressing. In addition, use NZA 1.3 to check the count of how many free agents are in the roster. If the number of free agents is over 450, it is recommended to delete some until you get below that number. Also, if you were controlling any teams other than your own, go into Madden Amp and remove control of those teams.

3. Advance to the offseason. When you reach the retirement stage, open the franchise in NZA 1.3 and use the feature that resets rookie career stats. Also, while in the retirement stage, go to the draft class tab and select "Do not save skin tone." Then, load the draft class from the franchise. Go to the "Misc" tab and click "Auto rookie ratings adjustments." After that, go to the "body" tab, and click "Auto Body". Leave the draft class tab and save the franchise.

4. When you reach the player re-signing stage, use NZA 1.3 to use the feature that reverts awareness changes. That will prevent your entire team from going up to 99 awareness in the offseason. That glitch happens quite often, so I always use the revert awareness change feature. After that, re-sign any players you plan to re-sign, and release all the players you don't want back or will let test free agency. After that, every player on your team should have a contract.

5. Next, Use NZA 1.3 to move 35 players from your main team to the PS team. That will give you 35 players on the PS team, and those 35 open spots will allow you to reach 90 players without moving anyone else to the PS team.

6. When you get to the draft stage, if you want to do the draft in Madden Amp:

Use Madden Amp to give yourself control of all teams, and then load the franchise. Go into "Coach Options" and make sure all coaches have "draft players" set to User. Then go through the draft and manually draft for every team. When you reach the rookie signing stage, save, remove control from the other teams so you only control your own team, and do the draft in Madden Amp. When you're done, save the traded draft picks file, and load the franchise in NZA 1.3. Use the feature that recalculates player overall ratings. Save, and sign your rookies in-game.

When you get to training camp, save and load your traded picks file into the franchise using Madden Amp. Then proceed to preseason.

If you are not using Madden Amp for the draft, do the draft as you normally would and continue to the preseason.

7. When you see the preseason schedule, save your franchise and open it in NZA 1.3.

8. Repeat steps 6-17 of the first season instructions Also, if you want, you can use Madden Amp's training camp feature before step 5 of the first season instructions. Additionally, I would recommend applying cmp66's coach settings in NZA 1.3.

I have recommended injury sliders for this guide, but you can use whatever injury sliders you wish. I recommend having the injury sliders set at 150% for preseason games and 113% for the regular season. It's all your choice though. Those recommendations are only for user games. Simulated games should be around 102-105%. Again, your choice.

I suggest you play the starters in the 1st quarter, the 2nd stringers (for positions with 3rd stringers) in the second quarter, and the remaining 2nd and 3rd stringers in the 2nd half.

A note not listed in the guide. NFL rules allow for two players who are placed on the IR to be activated once they are healthy. If you plan to do this, instead of placing a player on IR, just move them to the PS team for the duration of their injury. Then, if you choose to activate them, move them back to the main team, releasing a player to make room if activating the IR player puts you over 53. The players you intend to activate from the IR must miss at least eight weeks to be eligible for activation. Also, keep in mind that, in order to bring a player back from IR, they must first be on the active 53-man roster for one day. So players who get hurt in the preseason, if you intend to bring them back from IR later in the year, must first make the 53-man roster. Anyone placed on IR during the preseason is ineligible for the remainder of the season.

Enjoy this guide and please post any comments or questions!

When the first season is over, in the end he moves the FA to PS, right?
Is there a specific file in mod that I can "ignore" the installation to not happen this move?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:33 pm

luizrfurt wrote:When the first season is over, in the end he moves the FA to PS, right?
Is there a specific file in mod that I can "ignore" the installation to not happen this move?

I'm not completely sure what you're asking. Which step in the instructions are you referring to?
My Cowboys Journal

IceyJFish
All-Pro

Postby IceyJFish » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:29 am

So i'm starting a new season and when i'm simulating the post season, It says titans don't have enough quarterback.
So I just want to know where can I find the free agency at :?:

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:22 pm

IceyJFish wrote:So i'm starting a new season and when i'm simulating the post season, It says titans don't have enough quarterback.

This doesn't really have much to do with this franchise guide, but I'll gladly help. They're easy to find. Just go to Team Management, and then in the drop down box where your team name is shown, click it and change it to Free Agents.

You've never had to sign a free agent mid-season before? Usually that's very frequent, with injuries being commonplace. Unless your injury sliders are low or you've been very lucky, that is.
My Cowboys Journal

IceyJFish
All-Pro

Postby IceyJFish » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:53 pm

RevanFan wrote:
IceyJFish wrote:So i'm starting a new season and when i'm simulating the post season, It says titans don't have enough quarterback.

This doesn't really have much to do with this franchise guide, but I'll gladly help. They're easy to find. Just go to Team Management, and then in the drop down box where your team name is shown, click it and change it to Free Agents.

You've never had to sign a free agent mid-season before? Usually that's very frequent, with injuries being commonplace. Unless your injury sliders are low or you've been very lucky, that is.

No, it's like I just need some little help that's all. :lol:
But I don't see any free agent.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:15 pm

IceyJFish wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

No, it's like I just need some little help that's all. :lol:
But I don't see any free agent.

Are you absolutely certain you followed my instructions correctly? The free agent team should always be visible through Team Management during the preseason, regular season, and postseason.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Franchise Guides”