Guide to Undrafted Rookies in Franchise Mode

Guides on achieving realism in franchise play.
RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:39 pm

This is what I use in my franchise to get up to 90 players easier, and to make the franchise a little more realistic. It is a way to add 'undrafted rookies' of sorts into a franchise. It was requested by Danchat, so I thought I'd post it so everyone can have it. The following goes well with my franchise guide.

First, a notice. NEVER use this in the first season of a franchise. Only seasons 2-30. Also, make a backup before proceeding.

Code: Select all

Now, onto business. This requires TWO franchises. A main one, and a second one.

1. Start a new franchise with any roster. Simulate to the next season.

2. When you reach the retirement stage of season two, save and quit Madden.

3. Open your franchise in the DB editor and extract a CSV copy of the PLAY table. Close the DB editor when finished.

4. Play your main franchise until you reach the post-draft rookie signing stage. Save and exit.

5. Open your franchise in NZA's editor 1.3. Go to the global edit tab, and make some global ratings changes to lower the ratings of the rookies. I saw -20 awareness should be good for now. Save and quit.

6. Open your main franchise in the DB editor and extract the PLAY table as a CSV.

7. Open the PLAY CSV of the second franchise (the one from steps 1-3) in Excel. Find every player from the draft class (team ID 1015, I believe. Might be something else, but it is not 1008, 1009, 1010, 1011, or 1014.) Change each draft class player to team ID 1009.

8. Open the CSV of the main franchise. Make sure you keep BOTH CSVs open for now.

9. In the CSV of the franchise you just edited in step 6, copy every rookie from the draft class.

10. Paste the copied players into the main franchise CSV. There should be 256 new players. They will serve as your 'undrafted rookies'. When finished, look for a number that appears in the right-most column in the top row. It should be a four digit number. It shows how many players are in the file. Delete this number.

11. Save and exit Excel.

12. In the DB Editor, you should still have your main franchise open. Import the edited CSV with the new rookies. It should show an increase of 256 columns. Save when the import is complete.

13. Load the franchise in NZA's editor 1.3. Go to the free agent team, and look for the rookies you added. They should have low ratings because of step 5, but some may still have high ratings. Lower fundamental ratings of every player that is too highly rated to pass as an undrafted rookie. I generally shoot for 65 or lower overall rating, but occasionally I let high 60s pass. Re-rate any undrafted rookies as you see fit, and save the franchise. Before quitting the editor, you may want to do an overall recalculate as well, and then save again. After you do whatever you need to do and save, quite the editor.

14. Load your franchise in-game, sign your rookies, and when you advance to the post-draft free agent signing stage, you should see 256 new rookies available to sign. Have fun reaching 90 players with a LOT of rookies!

If there is anything you don't understand, feel free to ask questions.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

petroleum
All-Pro

Re: Guide to Undrafted Rookies in Franchise Mode

Postby petroleum » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:11 am

To be clear, when you say not to use this in the first year, only 2-30, are you saying to use it starting with the second off-season (heading towards season 3) or that it can be used starting in the first off-season (after the conclusion of the first season)?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:14 am

petroleum wrote:To be clear, when you say not to use this in the first year, only 2-30, are you saying to use it starting with the second off-season (heading towards season 3) or that it can be used starting in the first off-season (after the conclusion of the first season)?

First offseason. Don't use it in the first season, which has no offseason.
My Cowboys Journal

petroleum
All-Pro

Postby petroleum » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:24 pm

RevanFan wrote:

10. Paste the copied players into the main franchise CSV. There should be 256 new players. They will serve as your 'undrafted rookies'. [b]When finished, look for a number that appears in the right-most column in the top row. It should be a four digit number. It shows how many players are in the file. Delete this number.[/b]

I don't see where this number is. The right most column (EA in excel) has PFEx in the top row and mostly 3 digit numbers, with an occasional 2 digit number, in the rows under it. The entry there for the 2nd row (New Player) is 204.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:39 pm

petroleum wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

10. Paste the copied players into the main franchise CSV. There should be 256 new players. They will serve as your 'undrafted rookies'. [b]When finished, look for a number that appears in the right-most column in the top row. It should be a four digit number. It shows how many players are in the file. Delete this number.[/b]

I don't see where this number is. The right most column (EA in excel) has PFEx in the top row and mostly 3 digit numbers, with an occasional 2 digit number, in the rows under it. The entry there for the 2nd row (New Player) is 204.

It's directly to the right of PFEx.

Also, I've had a few glitches with this, so I would now recommend doing it after you start the preseason, instead of during the offseason.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Franchise Guides”