The best way to have a NCAA dynasty mode on franchise?

Guides on achieving realism in franchise play.
TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:39 am

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm thinking either enforce four year careers through retirement methods, or having all teams build through the draft (4 year rookie contracts right?) and not allow CPU teams to resign players or free agents.

Probably would need to control every team in the league and choose "let CPU auto sign players" on the pop up for not reaching minimum requirements but allowing the CPU to do everything else.

Then for the draft just reverse the order using an editor.

Would this work?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Theov
MVP

Re: The best way to have a NCAA dynasty mode on franchise?

Postby Theov » Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:53 am

TheRareButter wrote:Anyone have any ideas?

I'm thinking either enforce four year careers through retirement methods, or having all teams build through the draft (4 year rookie contracts right?) and not allow CPU teams to resign players or free agents.

Probably would need to control every team in the league and choose "let CPU auto sign players" on the pop up for not reaching minimum requirements but allowing the CPU to do everything else.

Would this work?

It's a fun idea to play around with - all players will retire after their 4th season.
No signature needed.

TheRareButter
MVP

Re: The best way to have a NCAA dynasty mode on franchise?

Postby TheRareButter » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:07 pm

Theov wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:Anyone have any ideas?

Would this work?

It's a fun idea to play around with - all players will retire after their 4th season.

I tested the "College Football in a Madden game" theory and it worked. I set every players age to 31, and set the retirement weight in the strmdata to 8 for every position. There few 5-7 5th year players after 4 simmed seasons. Next I'll test if the game can run 30 seasons with such a heavy retirement demand, but to do so I'll need to mass edit every draft classes age to 31.

Return to “Franchise Guides”