How to edit relocated team uniforms in Franchise Mode??

Guides on achieving realism in franchise play.
MikeL95
Rookie

Postby MikeL95 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:40 am

Hi guys I'm a long-time follower of these forums and first time poster here. I've learned so much from these discussions in terms of modding Madden over the years and I thank everyone that helped create the modding programs (MadMod, MaddenAMP, DB Editor, etc) and shared tutorials on how to use them to maximize the Madden 08 PC Franchise experience!

With all that being said, I've run into a bit of an issue in one of my Madden 08 Franchise modes and I am stumped... I started a Franchise in the default 2007 season with the Buffalo Bills, and relocated them to Toronto for the start of the 2009 season. This was done directly through the game, NOT by exporting the Bills and importing a custom created team. I did use custom art files that I modded for logos, helmet, endzone/midfield art, etc. but designed the uniform patterns based on the game's default templates (jersey style 4, number type 1, pant stripe wide, sock stripe single).

I put a lot of time into processing the '07, '08 and '09 seasons, offseasons and drafts (importing draft classes, monitoring FA signings, trades, etc) between the time I started this franchise in 2017 and now. I'm currently in the middle of the 2010 season, and I've realized that I would like to make a minor change to the alternate uniforms that I chose 3 years ago. Here's what they look like:
bis home alt 1.JPG
bis home alt 1.JPG (62.35 KiB) Viewed 3577 times
bis away alt 1.JPG
bis away alt 1.JPG (60.47 KiB) Viewed 3577 times

I decided that I want my Alternate 1 HOME uniform (blue one above) to become my Alternate 2 AWAY uniform, and I'd like my Alternate 1 HOME uniform to be the same as my current home uniform but with black pants, like this:
bis home alt 2.JPG
bis home alt 2.JPG (49.71 KiB) Viewed 3577 times

I thought changing the alternate uniforms of my relocated Bills (now Toronto Bisons) team with uniforms that I created within the game would be simple. But I've tried everything with Madden DB, DFR5, Madden AMP, NZA editor and Uniform Ripping, all to no avail.

Specifically, I exported my relocated Bills/Bisons team from my franchise file to my roster file. It allowed me to edit the uniforms, but I cannot re-import the changes back into my franchise file. I then followed the instructions of a long tutorial on importing custom uniforms into a franchise file... I ripped the new all-black alternate uniform that I want and saved it in a DAT file. Then subbed it into the the "NULL" file slots on the UNIFORMS.dat with DFR5, added a row in the TUNI table of DB Editor and changed the UFID, TGID, UFID values. That didn't work either. I noticed that I was able to change the uniforms of the other 31 teams (eg make the Cowboys have the Bears uniforms), but not my relocated team. I also couldn't successfully import any of my custom Bills/Bisons uniforms (eg give the Cowboys my desired alternate Bills/Bisons jerseys) as it would cause the game to freeze.

It looks like a relocated team's uniform ID's are in a completely different location in the Uniform.dat or TEAM/TUNI tables of the DB Editor, but I can't seem to figure out where. And again, even if I could change my relocated Bills/Bisons uniforms, I don't know if I'm importing the ripped all-black uniform correctly. Please let me know how I can make these seemingly make these minor changes to the uniforms of my relocated franchise.

If nothing else I will either go back to the end of my 2007 season and re-process the relocation (losing 3 seasons/offseasons worth of progress) or just keep the uniforms I have. But there has to be a simple way to change them!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Re: How to edit relocated team uniforms in Franchise Mode??

Postby Rixster67r » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:12 am

Texmod is definitely Should be your friend..... its easy and fun

MikeL95
Rookie

Postby MikeL95 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:43 pm

I'm honestly not as familiar with Texmod... I've already downloaded it, but how can I use it to change the alternate uni's of my relocated franchise as I explained?

Happy Halloween by the way!

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:52 pm

I found this tutorial..... viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1031

From this thread......viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8541

Tip..... when logging a teams uniforms run a play then load the replay and move the camera where you can see the entire sideline to log the Helmet, Jersey, Sleeves, Hips, Legs, Numbers, etc.

First do the home sideline then the away sideline......

Choose PNG as the type of texture to log because it is the easiest to edit....

Try doing just one part of the uniform first until you get the hang of it.....

To log numbers 0 to 9 a player has to have the number.... if the number doesn't show up then it is because no player on the team has this number....

You can also log the shoes, gloves, facemask, etc.

Once you have the camera fixed on the sideline press * and this will allow you to scroll the textures on the screen instead of everything the game has loaded since you loaded it

Always scroll the textures by pressing - and not + because + will crash after a while.....

If you need help with Texmod..... You can ask here and we will help

Warning..... Texmod is very addicting and if you start down this road..... prepare for other parts of your life to suffer as though you started smoking crack!!! :D :) ;) :( :o :oops: :P :lol: :?: :roll:

MikeL95
Rookie

Postby MikeL95 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:47 pm

Perfect thank you - I will get to work and report back!

MikeL95
Rookie

Postby MikeL95 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:44 am

So I gave TexMod a try yesterday... I followed the instructions from the Tutorial that you linked. But when I entered Instant Replay mode in a Play Now Toronto Bisons vs Toronto Bisons game, none of the +/-, *, enter or / seemed to do anything. I saw the red script in the top left of the screen saying textures were loaded, but it also said 0 filtered and no texture selected. Did I miss something?

And also, did I understand correctly from reading the tutorial that Texmod only creates temporary mod changes each time you enter the game?

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:48 am

MikeL95 wrote:So I gave TexMod a try yesterday... I followed the instructions from the Tutorial that you linked. But when I entered Instant Replay mode in a Play Now Toronto Bisons vs Toronto Bisons game, none of the +/-, *, enter or / seemed to do anything. I saw the red script in the top left of the screen saying textures were loaded, but it also said 0 filtered and no texture selected. Did I miss something?

And also, did I understand correctly from reading the tutorial that Texmod only creates temporary mod changes each time you enter the game?

Are you using the keypad part of your keyboard?

Texmod loads an image in place of the image created by the game through Direct X......

Once you have your TPF's created you can use Umod to run them and have it load the tpf's everytime you load the game..... You can even have it load the tpf's disabled and just simply enable the ones you want to use for the game you are going to play

Texmod you have to pre load all the tpf's each time you start the game which can kind of a pain but Umod allows you to create a script to load all your tpf's every time you load the game.....

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:37 pm

MikeL95 wrote:So I gave TexMod a try yesterday... I followed the instructions from the Tutorial that you linked. But when I entered Instant Replay mode in a Play Now Toronto Bisons vs Toronto Bisons game, none of the +/-, *, enter or / seemed to do anything. I saw the red script in the top left of the screen saying textures were loaded, but it also said 0 filtered and no texture selected. Did I miss something?

Use the + key to scroll forward through the textures, - to scroll backward. Textures should appear in the upper left corner of your screen as you press +. Make sure you're using the +/- on the keypad! When you get to one of the uniform parts press Enter to save the texture. Repeat until you have all uniform parts for both home & away uniforms.
Attachments
TexMod Tips.png
TexMod Tips.png (2.85 MiB) Viewed 3488 times

MikeL95
Rookie

Postby MikeL95 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:11 am

Ohhhhh ok makes a little more sense now!

I was NOT using the keypad section of my keyboard and that was my problem. Thanks guys for the replies - It's late now so I will continue learning my way around Texmod tomorrow and report back again!

MikeL95
Rookie

Postby MikeL95 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:31 pm

Ok guys pardon the late follow up it has been a very busy week for me. In playing around with TexMod for a bit I notice that between the menu, entering a game, running a play, and going into instant replay mode, TexMod loads over 1000 textures. How do I navigate through them all and figure out which ones are attributed to the uniforms?

Edit: I discovered the * key, but still how many of the uniform textures do I have to capture and how do I know that I've captured all of them?

And I use Calhoupe's script for game play - will TexMod run my uniform package with Calhoupe's script?

Return to “Franchise Guides”