Keeping the game realistic (Contracts + Updating Mobile QB outdated teams)

Guides on achieving realism in franchise play.
truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:46 am

in franchise mode, once a speedy/mobile QB leaves, the team has a tendency to draft/sign QBs that do not fit the system. When you play that team, it'll be an easy win. I prefer at the beginning of each new season, to join any team that has this issue, and then change their playbook, and then just retire. The Coach should come back.

It works for me in madden 16 atleast.

And since player OVRs update really slow, yet are still able to put up elite stats, I give them realistic contracts. For example, a 59 overall WR who brought in 1500 yards, etc, i'd give them a 10-15M a year contract. With a realistic guaranteed percentage, and also the amount of years.
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

Sponsor

Sponsor

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Re: Keeping the game realistic (Contracts + Updating Mobile QB outdated teams)

Postby BUS36 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:41 pm

I have always noticed that guys that are under 72 OVR their ratings never seem to go up even if you start them ( due to injury or just that they are the real starter)..I always seem to hit them with a 3-5 yr deal worth about $7-$10 million total with $2-$4 in SB
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

JPK
Hall of Fame

Re: Keeping the game realistic (Contracts + Updating Mobile QB outdated teams)

Postby JPK » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:12 pm

BUS36 wrote:I have always noticed that guys that are under 72 OVR their ratings never seem to go up even if you start them ( due to injury or just that they are the real starter)..I always seem to hit them with a 3-5 yr deal worth about $7-$10 million total with $2-$4 in SB

I noticed that too. I wasn't sure of the exact cutoff (70? 72?), but some low-rated players never progress unless you monitor them and boost them in an editor.

Return to “Franchise Guides”