Nza's Madden 08 Franchise Guide

Guides on achieving realism in franchise play.
RevanFan
Legend

Re: Nza's Madden 08 Franchise Guide

Postby RevanFan » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:14 pm

jakethesnake wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
jakethesnake wrote:
Simulate the offseason until rookie signing period means going through the draft in Madden, with all 32 teams set to User control... which means a very, very long draft process... then do the draft again with Madden Amp??

The reason for 32 team user control at this point is to avoid teams trading during the draft. But trades (of picks) can happen during the MaddenAmp draft independent of what trades may or may not have happened during the ingame draft it seems, and Maddenamp has a feature that lets you import the results of these trades into your franchise file; why is it necessary to worry about what happens during the ingame draft if the maddenamp draft is going to completely override the ingame draft anyway?

If trades happen in the in-game draft before you do the Amp draft, it will mean that you don't have the original picks when you do the Amp draft. For instance, team A and team B have their normal picks. You get to the in-game draft, but you don't do anything to prevent trades. Team A trades its 1st an 2nd round picks for a 1st round pick from team B. If you then do the draft in Amp, team A will have B's 1st, and B will have A's 1st and 2nd. If you prevent trades in-game, the draft picks will be as they are supposed to be when you do the Amp draft,

Isn't what you're describing how it should be? If that trade happens in the game, and it carries over to madden amp draft, then madden amp draft drafts accordingly with Team A getting one pick, Team B getting 2 picks. What's the problem?

No. The trade I described happened during the IN-GAME DRAFT. You want to make sure that no picks are traded during that draft, because the Amp draft is supposed to replace the in-game draft. You want all picks to be as they were going INTO the draft.

NOTE: The caps are for emphasis, not because I'm yelling haha.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

jakethesnake
Rookie

Postby jakethesnake » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:51 pm

The point is to eliminate Madden's loony ingame draft day trade choices, I get it. i.e. If Madden made decent trade choices during the draft then all these extra steps with changing ownership for the draft wouldn't be necessary.

Heck, doing the draft in Maddenamp could be bypassed entirely, although the alternative/extra scouting/evaluation process is somewhat interesting and might be worth keeping. There seems to be a lot of random variables in Maddenamp's logic that are disconcerting however; not sure if it's based on any ingame stats such as assistant coaches'/coaches' position stats. i.e. I've seen Matt Ryan get rated as low as 4th round initially in MaddenAmp.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:43 am

jakethesnake wrote:There seems to be a lot of random variables in Maddenamp's logic that are disconcerting however; not sure if it's based on any ingame stats such as assistant coaches'/coaches' position stats. i.e. I've seen Matt Ryan get rated as low as 4th round initially in MaddenAmp.

To be fair, you are forming an opinion based off of a previous year's draft with players that you already know the ratings for. Of course the initial scouting grades aren't going to accurate in that scenario. I believe that the original draft code was considering the game's generated draft class only.
I don't believe the scouting is based on any coach ratings, and there is somewhat of a random chance that any given team will not be entirely accurate when scouting players.

jakethesnake
Rookie

Postby jakethesnake » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:47 pm

StingRay68 wrote:
jakethesnake wrote:There seems to be a lot of random variables in Maddenamp's logic that are disconcerting however; not sure if it's based on any ingame stats such as assistant coaches'/coaches' position stats. i.e. I've seen Matt Ryan get rated as low as 4th round initially in MaddenAmp.

To be fair, you are forming an opinion based off of a previous year's draft with players that you already know the ratings for. Of course the initial scouting grades aren't going to accurate in that scenario. I believe that the original draft code was considering the game's generated draft class only.
I don't believe the scouting is based on any coach ratings, and there is somewhat of a random chance that any given team will not be entirely accurate when scouting players.

Of course I'm basing my assessment on knowing actual value. That's not the point; the point is that Madden Amp's draft initial evaluation seems set up to be TOO random and inaccurate when it comes to top picks. A Matt Ryan getting rated as a 4th round prospect seems just too inaccurate.

Sure, it's nice to see some randomness to try and emulate the fact in real life you get surprises like Tom Brady or Montana, but by and large, it's not realistic for a top prospect QB that highly touted to slip that low in anyone's ratings on a regular basis. It wasn't just Ryan either; QB evaluations initially were all over the place, like scouts were playing darts to determine who gets rated where.

It does get straightened out after further scouting, but top guys in real life, everyone knows who they are coming out of college; in this day and age it's extremely unlikely pro scouts should evaluate a Ryan or even Flacco as 4th rounders at any point in the offseason leading up to the draft.

ZanJose
Rookie

Postby ZanJose » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:58 am

Hello, could someone explain to me how the "Correct Sim Stats/cmp66's HC Adjustment" section work? I really want to manipulate it to make the running game a bit more relevant as I am always leading the league in rushing yards despite having a bad avg and i somehow always lead in attempts as well by quite a large margin, despite my playcalling being 60 passing/40 rushing at most. Could someone explain to me what the 4 boxes mean, or just what the cmp66 numbers are for each box?

adoreizi
Pro Bowl

Postby adoreizi » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:05 pm

ZanJose wrote:Hello, could someone explain to me how the "Correct Sim Stats/cmp66's HC Adjustment" section work? I really want to manipulate it to make the running game a bit more relevant as I am always leading the league in rushing yards despite having a bad avg and i somehow always lead in attempts as well by quite a large margin, despite my playcalling being 60 passing/40 rushing at most. Could someone explain to me what the 4 boxes mean, or just what the cmp66 numbers are for each box?

They adjust the pass/run play calling. If you use cmp66 settings before the season starts and remove before the end, it’ll simulate stats more akin to today’s game (more passing, less rushing).

Mike Lowe
Pro Bowl

Postby Mike Lowe » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:19 pm

I cannot seem to find a mod I came across yesterday now:

Where is that mod that acts as a "franchise guide chooser" where you can select to use either RavenFan's or Nza's?

I cannot find it now! Thank you for the help.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:51 am

Mike Lowe wrote:I cannot seem to find a mod I came across yesterday now:

Where is that mod that acts as a "franchise guide chooser" where you can select to use either RavenFan's or Nza's?

I cannot find it now! Thank you for the help.
I think that was posted in the Madden Franchise Companion.

mytreds
Pro Bowl

Postby mytreds » Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:44 pm

Can someone direct to the rookie class portraits files? So I can import them as the guide stipulates?

Return to “Franchise Guides”