Nza's Madden 08 Franchise Guide

Guides on achieving realism in franchise play.
patsallday
MVP

Re: Nza's Madden 08 Franchise Guide

Postby patsallday » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:47 pm

kellysheroes wrote:so for the coaching sliders, I have to update each team individually or can I just do it globally. I didn't read about the coach slider until 2/3rds into my season and there was a lot of RBs w/ 1300 - 1500 rushing yards :(

All you have to do is click the "Apply HC Adjustments" and it does it for all teams. As far as I know, as long as you revert it after the Pro Bowl, you're good. :D
Patriots win SB 49 Hopefully....

Sponsor

Sponsor

kellysheroes
Rookie

Postby kellysheroes » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:52 pm

patsallday wrote:
kellysheroes wrote:so for the coaching sliders, I have to update each team individually or can I just do it globally. I didn't read about the coach slider until 2/3rds into my season and there was a lot of RBs w/ 1300 - 1500 rushing yards :(

All you have to do is click the "Apply HC Adjustments" and it does it for all teams. As far as I know, as long as you revert it after the Pro Bowl, you're good. :D

thanks

kellysheroes
Rookie

Postby kellysheroes » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:52 am

going into my 4th season now and was wondering if anyone is having this issue. After the rookie signing period I'm finding 2nd round and 1st round (Top 10!!) picks aren't signed to the teams that picked them and become available in the 2nd FA period. Last offseason I noticed a Rookie QB with a rating of 85 available, honestly just figured it was one of those undrafted surprises like Romo. This offseason I was shifting though and noticed a rookie SS with 84 rating, I signed him but noticed the contract was for about 3 mil a yr which I thought was crazy high. So I checked the player history and found the player was picked round 1.6 in that yrs drafted. I also went though a couple of my other WW signees and found that another 1 was a former 2nd round pick (but his rating was not very good) and the QB I mentioned above was also a former top 10 pick that the CPU decided not to sign. Pretty crazy that a team won't sign a 1st round QB.

I have been following NZA off-season guide; Do my coaching staff thing and re-sign players / FAs. Use NZA Rookie rating fix, sim the draft and save the file. Use Maddenamp for the draft (do not use Maddenamp's rookie fix) and then save the file when done. Re open the game in Madden and sign my rookies, however when I do this I notice that the OVR rating are way off... like my 1st round pick has a OVR of 6! But I dummy sign the them and proceed to the next stage. I then save the file, open up in NZA and perform the OVR rating fix, the QB function fix and rookie contract fix. Then proceed though out the rest of the off-season as normal.

clrdk
MVP

Postby clrdk » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:12 am

kellysheroes wrote:going into my 4th season now and was wondering if anyone is having this issue. After the rookie signing period I'm finding 2nd round and 1st round (Top 10!!) picks aren't signed to the teams that picked them and become available in the 2nd FA period. Last offseason I noticed a Rookie QB with a rating of 85 available, honestly just figured it was one of those undrafted surprises like Romo. This offseason I was shifting though and noticed a rookie SS with 84 rating, I signed him but noticed the contract was for about 3 mil a yr which I thought was crazy high. So I checked the player history and found the player was picked round 1.6 in that yrs drafted. I also went though a couple of my other WW signees and found that another 1 was a former 2nd round pick (but his rating was not very good) and the QB I mentioned above was also a former top 10 pick that the CPU decided not to sign. Pretty crazy that a team won't sign a 1st round QB.

I have been following NZA off-season guide; Do my coaching staff thing and re-sign players / FAs. Use NZA Rookie rating fix, sim the draft and save the file. Use Maddenamp for the draft (do not use Maddenamp's rookie fix) and then save the file when done. Re open the game in Madden and sign my rookies, however when I do this I notice that the OVR rating are way off... like my 1st round pick has a OVR of 6! But I dummy sign the them and proceed to the next stage. I then save the file, open up in NZA and perform the OVR rating fix, the QB function fix and rookie contract fix. Then proceed though out the rest of the off-season as normal.

I have 2 QBs in my Bills franchise, which was drafted in the 1. round, but they was released the year after, because their INJ is below 75, so that can be the issue that the CPU don't want to sign rookies with health problems (INJ< 75)

Donavon
Pro Bowl

Postby Donavon » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:32 pm

tj41172 wrote:What I do is go through each position quickly team by team and make sure the players are in their best positions. Example - a 83 OVR Rookie LT behind a 95 OVR veteran LT when the team has a gap at RT. By shifting him to RT using the in-game player edit screen, the team will have their best chance and the rookie will have his best shot for progression.

I don't quite understand this part. Can someone explain it more in depth? Thanks

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:32 pm

going into my 4th season now and was wondering if anyone is having this issue. After the rookie signing period I'm finding 2nd round and 1st round (Top 10!!) picks aren't signed to the teams that picked them and become available in the 2nd FA period. Last offseason I noticed a Rookie QB with a rating of 85 available, honestly just figured it was one of those undrafted surprises like Romo. This offseason I was shifting though and noticed a rookie SS with 84 rating, I signed him but noticed the contract was for about 3 mil a yr which I thought was crazy high. So I checked the player history and found the player was picked round 1.6 in that yrs drafted. I also went though a couple of my other WW signees and found that another 1 was a former 2nd round pick (but his rating was not very good) and the QB I mentioned above was also a former top 10 pick that the CPU decided not to sign. Pretty crazy that a team won't sign a 1st round QB.

To explain the first part... it's almost likely due to the salary cap. If a team can't afford to sign their rookies, they won't. It also might be because they have a full roster. Sometimes, if a player has a very low morale, the CPU will cut them on the spot. Either way, there's a simple fix. I take control of all of the teams using the NZA editor and I go in-game and sign these players to the teams that drafted them. This is much more realistic than letting them rot in FA or having your team claim them. Just solve the problem (raise morale, cut some vets for the CPU team to lower the salary cap) and sign the young player back to his original team.

To solve the second part... if your rookies' OVRs are around 50 to 5, all you need to do is use the NZA editor and find the "Recalculate OVR" function. When you click that, all rookies should return to their normal OVR.

What I do is go through each position quickly team by team and make sure the players are in their best positions. Example - a 83 OVR Rookie LT behind a 95 OVR veteran LT when the team has a gap at RT. By shifting him to RT using the in-game player edit screen, the team will have their best chance and the rookie will have his best shot for progression.

I don't quite understand this part. Can someone explain it more in depth? Thanks

This is a pretty simple concept. Say the Patriots have a hole at RT. They have a 71 OVR RT and that's it. However, they have a 95 OVR LT and a backup LT with a OVR of 83. This backup player should be starting at RT because his 83 is higher than 71. Go to this team's depth chart and put the better T at the RT spot.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Monk76
Rookie

Postby Monk76 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:27 pm

I was wondering how other people run there franchises in regards to the player regression setting. I leave player regression on usually so players will start to lose ratings as they age.

What do you do?

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:47 pm

Monk76 wrote:I was wondering how other people run there franchises in regards to the player regression setting. I leave player regression on usually so players will start to lose ratings as they age.

What do you do?

I'm not sure who you're asking, but I'll answer.

You should definitely have player regression on in franchise mode. If you don't do that, all of the best players will be in their 30s, while that's not close to how it is in real life. I also use Madden AMP training camp, which has its own built in player regression. In it, players 30 and over will begin to lose speed, acceleration, throwing and kicking power, and other stats. I think that this is the best method.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

GoChiefs
Rookie

Postby GoChiefs » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:21 pm

So a question about coaching sliders...

I realize the need to increase coaching pass/aggression sliders so the 4000+ yard passer totals are more realistic.

I also see a lot of crazy box scores...like the majority...where both QBs have upwards of 50 pass attempts, but a very low yards per attempt in comparison.

This seems unrealistic? Does anyone know if decreasing coaching pass slider and increasing the aggression might make it more realistic in terms of fewer pass attempts, but more YPA?

waynehigh
Veteran

Postby waynehigh » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:53 pm

I downloaded a franchise file and removed the ownership from every team but mine, but i cant get the CPU games to be unchecked on the schedule screen, can anyone help? i tried in NZA 1.3 but nothing happened

Return to “Franchise Guides”