Converting a Franchise Into a Roster

Guides on achieving realism in franchise play.
mike9472
MVP

Re: Converting a Franchise Into a Roster

Postby mike9472 » Sat May 25, 2019 6:26 pm

PCOL is Player College. If you want to test it out, set it to 265 for any player of your choosing. Go into roster editor and you should get N/A for a college.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun May 26, 2019 12:29 am

mike9472 wrote:PCOL is Player College. If you want to test it out, set it to 265 for any player of your choosing. Go into roster editor and you should get N/A for a college.

Not what I mean. The PCOL FIELD is player college. The PCOL TABLE is career offensive line stats. You can see this clearly because it's close to PGOL and PSOL, which are game stats and season stats respectively.

Why did the game devs give two things the same name? No idea, but they did.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Tue May 28, 2019 10:32 am

RevanFan wrote:
mike9472 wrote:PCOL is Player College. If you want to test it out, set it to 265 for any player of your choosing. Go into roster editor and you should get N/A for a college.

Not what I mean. The PCOL FIELD is player college. The PCOL TABLE is career offensive line stats. You can see this clearly because it's close to PGOL and PSOL, which are game stats and season stats respectively.

You are correct...

BTW they also could give more descriptive names, not abreviations

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue May 28, 2019 9:35 pm

achernar wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

You are correct...

BTW they also could give more descriptive names, not abreviations

Well, you can load definitions files to give definitions to the fields, but it won't help for the tables.
My Cowboys Journal

phalanx93
All-Pro

Postby phalanx93 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:39 am

Just looking for an estimate. how long does it take to do a conversion? After 30 years in one franchise. Trying to extend that time frame, use a ton of created players in Madden editor 2.0 (essentially teams that don't make the playoffs get a personnel boost across every position, mainly focusing on rookies.

Plus is there any issue if I've moved teams out of their divisions? (use 8 teams, 1 per division), but my boosting meant that those teams would win the division every year, so I put them all into 1 division in each conference (AFC, NFC)

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:39 am

phalanx93 wrote:Just looking for an estimate. how long does it take to do a conversion? After 30 years in one franchise. Trying to extend that time frame, use a ton of created players in Madden editor 2.0 (essentially teams that don't make the playoffs get a personnel boost across every position, mainly focusing on rookies.

Plus is there any issue if I've moved teams out of their divisions? (use 8 teams, 1 per division), but my boosting meant that those teams would win the division every year, so I put them all into 1 division in each conference (AFC, NFC)

Maybe 1-hour if is your first time doing... the DB_Editor is slow sometimes (at least in my PC) to read the PLAY table
after you need a little skill with spreadsheets,,, and is done

phalanx93
All-Pro

Postby phalanx93 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:09 pm

achernar wrote:
Maybe 1-hour if is your first time doing... the DB_Editor is slow sometimes (at least in my PC) to read the PLAY table

Thanks for the info. The spreadsheet manipulation will take the longest time for me. More familiar with word and text documents, so many games are moddable via such, they were simple. I suspect this won't be.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:47 pm

phalanx93 wrote:Thanks for the info. The spreadsheet manipulation will take the longest time for me. More familiar with word and text documents, so many games are moddable via such, they were simple. I suspect this won't be.

Just read with attention what columns to delete

Code: Select all

A through F, H through P, X, AN, BH, CA, CL, and DM.

and the TGID

Code: Select all

After you have the csv matching then renumber the TGID column +1  Example 0=1 1=2 2=3 etc.....

29=32 Texans
31=30 Titans
30=31 Vikings

I believe those are the crucial parts
and in my first two tries I made those mistakes

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:34 pm

achernar wrote:
phalanx93 wrote:Just looking for an estimate. how long does it take to do a conversion? After 30 years in one franchise. Trying to extend that time frame, use a ton of created players in Madden editor 2.0 (essentially teams that don't make the playoffs get a personnel boost across every position, mainly focusing on rookies.

Are you using elguapo's latest version of the DB Editor? It reads the PLAY table much faster.
My Cowboys Journal

phalanx93
All-Pro

Postby phalanx93 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:15 pm

RevanFan wrote:

Are you using elguapo's latest version of the DB Editor? It reads the PLAY table much faster.

As for me, I'm using MadModX, would elguapo's DB Editor be separate from that? And if so, thanks for the info. Haven't yet tried a conversion yet. Looking forward to it.

Return to “Franchise Guides”