Converting a Franchise Into a Roster

Guides on achieving realism in franchise play.
Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Re: Converting a Franchise Into a Roster

Postby Rixster67r » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:11 am

I don't know if it is a good idea to wipe out the old way yet but this is definitely another way of conversion that is much easier.......in my opinion......this process only takes a few minutes

This same process works for COCH as well (you have to add one to the TGID as well)and converting rosters from 06 and 07 to 08 and vise versa (including COCH)

Note: When converting rosters from 08 to a previous version you will have to add some columns.......the good news is that the new columns are filled with all zeros and don't seem to have any weight......I think they are for franchise mode

Note: The TGID and POID from Madden 04.05,06,and 07 are exactly the same for rosters as 08 and this is why I think the TGID and FRID should not be changed in the new mods because it changes this process as well as what is not known......

"If it is not broke.....Don't fix it" "My Dad" end quote

Sponsor

Sponsor

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:42 am

Rixster67r wrote:I don't know if it is a good idea to wipe out the old way yet but this is definitely another way of conversion that is much easier.......in my opinion......this process only takes a few minutes

I think your way is better. Can we at least agree it should be added to the first post as an additional way?
So the Giants traded Beckham....

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:12 am

Yeah both ways should be on the first post.....just because I feel the new way needs some screen shots to be clear of what is actually being done.......for newbs......I am unable to do this right now as I am on my phone instead of my cpu

reme
Pro Bowl

Postby reme » Mon May 04, 2015 5:16 pm

Rixster67r wrote:I have a new way of doing this that works much better and it goes like this......

Load your franchise in the DB editor 3.0 (MadMod X) and export the play to csv.......

Load any default roster you know works in the DB editor 3.0 and export the play to csv.......

Load both csv in excel and then select view and then arrange all (Horizontal) and then column by column make the franchise csv match the roster csv by deleting columns as needed.......if the roster csv does not have the column then delete the column in the franchise csv.......you will not need to add any columns

After you have the csv matching then renumber the TGID column +1 Example 0=1 1=2 2=3 etc.....

29=32 Texans
31=30 Titans
30=31 Vikings

import the csv to the roster of your choice (overwriting play)

Load in the game and reorder all depth charts
mike9472 wrote:I've always done it this way and never had any problems.

Delete the following columns from a franchise PLAY.CSV file to convert it to a roster PLAY.CSV. You also have to change each team id# (TGID) because a franchise file starts with ID#0 for the Bears and a roster file starts with ID#1 (If you carry over any coaches, you'll have to change their TGID# as well)

TAG (COLUMN)

PSA0 (A)
PSB0 (B)
PSA1 (C)
PSB1 (D)
PSA2 (E)
PSB2 (F)
PSA3 (H)
PSB3 (I)
PSA4 (J)
PSB4 (K)
PSA5 (L)
PSB5 (M)
PSA6 (N)
PSB6 (O)
PPGA (P)
PCSA (X)
PLFH (AN)
PVAL (BH)
PWIN (CA)
PPSP (CL)
PCTS (DM)

Thank you to both of you for this info to make this easier !!!!!

Colin Barlow
All-Pro

Postby Colin Barlow » Wed May 13, 2015 4:56 pm

There is a complete easier way.................

Fran2ros.exe in Mad Mod-X

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed May 13, 2015 5:37 pm

Colin Barlow wrote:There is a complete easier way.................

Fran2ros.exe in Mad Mod-X

That has been known to cause issues if you turn the roster back into a franchise.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Colin Barlow
All-Pro

Postby Colin Barlow » Wed May 13, 2015 6:12 pm

Oh.....................

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Wed May 13, 2015 7:40 pm

Colin Barlow wrote:Oh.....................

....and it's not compatible with Windows 8.

nygdk
Rookie

Postby nygdk » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:38 pm

Hi guys,
Thanks for an awesome guide!
I tried both mike9472's and RevanFan's methods and I got Revan's to work after a while.
The roster works perfectly for the first season, but by the time of training camp year 2 all the free agents disappears. There is litterally no free agents at any position. The FAs are still there during the post draft FA signing period.
Have you encountered this problem or have any potential solutions.

MadMP
Rookie

Postby MadMP » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:06 am

It"s not THAT simple… ;)
I mean, if u REALLY want to EXPAND ur franchise, then u don't want to just "reboot" it, keeping only the players in ur actual team (note : and without stats… :cry: ). Which is the 'franchise to roster' line.
Within my 30 years franchise (in fact 29 years, see below) :
- i've managed 3 different teams, with some relocating.
- the cpu itself have relocated 2 teams.
- some plyrs had some "carrier stats" i want to keep.

So, for EXPANDING the whole :
- i've saved the 29th season (begin of 30), as this is the last one with 'offseason' tools (and new franchise doesn't begin with an offseason).
- I've kept the players i want in several teams.
- I've made a "CITY.csv" table. Reorder one.
- I've made a "STAD.csv" table. Suprress old, add new stads (for relocating ones), reorder all.

Now, i'm in the "team" table, and after changing the SGID and CYID in conformity, that's will work.
Questions :
1) Where is the "Cass Assets" stocked ? Didn't find a column (in table "team"), even for testing.
2) What's thie signification of the "TTYP" column in team ? I do note it's about 'created', 'relocated', etc… But i would know what's bits are for.
3) Where are the 'upgrades" for a stadium ? (something i would like to keep). Not in the "stad.csv".

Return to “Franchise Guides”