What's Playing? II

Anything and everything.
ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: What's Playing? II

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:22 am

RevanFan wrote:
JSamuel wrote:Coldplay, Passenger, OneRepublic, Imagine Dragons, U2, The Script, The Fray, X Ambassadors, Fun., and Twenty One Pilots are all some of my favorite artists.

Wow. Coldplay, Imagine Dragons, and The Fray are all on my "former favorites" list. X Ambassadors are good and U2 will always been one of my tops. My top 2 have ALWAYS been Green Day and Muse, though, and I'm currently REALLY into The Pretty Reckless, Paramore, Halestorm, and Blood Red Shoes, with a bit of The Doors, The Stones, and Simon and Garfunkel thrown in.

Ah classic Simon and Garfunkel....nice bro!
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:15 am

RevanFan wrote:
JSamuel wrote:Coldplay, Passenger, OneRepublic, Imagine Dragons, U2, The Script, The Fray, X Ambassadors, Fun., and Twenty One Pilots are all some of my favorite artists.

Wow. Coldplay, Imagine Dragons, and The Fray are all on my "former favorites" list. X Ambassadors are good and U2 will always been one of my tops. My top 2 have ALWAYS been Green Day and Muse, though, and I'm currently REALLY into The Pretty Reckless, Paramore, Halestorm, and Blood Red Shoes, with a bit of The Doors, The Stones, and Simon and Garfunkel thrown in.

Have you ever listened to Fun.? They have a few really good songs. Check out this one:

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:10 am

Yeah, I never really liked Fun. I tried. Couldn't get into their music.

As I've grown older and more cynical, my taste in music has gotten harder and angrier. Except for 60's rock. I'll always love 60's rock.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:24 pm

RevanFan wrote:Yeah, I never really liked Fun. I tried. Couldn't get into their music.

Honestly, they only made three really good songs. (We Are Young, Some Nights, and Carry On). Plus, two of the three good ones they made contained explicit or inappropriate content, and the other one wasn't even completely theirs. Some gal named Janelle Monae had to help them out.

RevanFan wrote:As I've grown older and more cynical, my taste in music has gotten harder and angrier. Except for 60's rock. I'll always love 60's rock.

Do you like country music? Not today's sorry country music, but good old country music, like Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, etc.

Speaking of older artists, have you ever heard Boston? What about The Eagles? Here's a good song by The Eagles:

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:19 pm

JSamuel wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Yeah, I never really liked Fun. I tried. Couldn't get into their music.

Honestly, they only made three really good songs. (We Are Young, Some Nights, and Carry On). Plus, two of the three good ones they made contained explicit or inappropriate content, and the other one wasn't even completely theirs. Some gal named Janelle Monae had to help them out.

RevanFan wrote:As I've grown older and more cynical, my taste in music has gotten harder and angrier. Except for 60's rock. I'll always love 60's rock.

Do you like country music? Not today's sorry country music, but good old country music, like Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, etc.

Speaking of older artists, have you ever heard Boston? What about The Eagles? Here's a good song by The Eagles:

I don't give a flying crap if content is "explicit." I live in New York and listen to Green Day. I just didn't like their singing or style.

And I HATE country music. I can somewhat stand Johnny Cash, but that's it. Any time I hear country that is not Johnny Cash, I turn it off. And if it's Johnny Cash, I still won't listen, because while he's good, I'd rather be listening to rock. Except for his version of Hurt. That's amazing.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:14 am

RevanFan wrote:
JSamuel wrote:

And I HATE country music. I can somewhat stand Johnny Cash, but that's it. Any time I hear country that is not Johnny Cash, I turn it off. And if it's Johnny Cash, I still won't listen, because while he's good, I'd rather be listening to rock. Except for his version of Hurt. That's amazing.

Here's Johnny Cash singing a U2 song:

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:06 am

Mostly the intros of these ubiquitous "football" tracks because I want to incorporate them into M08 stadium music. (Hells Bells I realized while watching the Giants game last night would be a good choice).

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:14 am

moonbax wrote:Mostly the intros of these ubiquitous "football" tracks because I want to incorporate them into M08 stadium music. (Hells Bells I realized while watching the Giants game last night would be a good choice.

I've heard this classic one at football games before:

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:21 am

Yep that's the other obvious choice I could've gone with, everyone plays that one too (seems natural for the Chargers).

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:39 am

moonbax wrote:Yep that's the other obvious choice I could've gone with, everyone plays that one too (seems natural for the Chargers).

Personally, I prefer Thunderstruck. Mainly because of the classic intro, and because I've heard it played more often at football games. But choose whichever one you want.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”