Help moving on

Anything and everything.
sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Help moving on

Postby sarcasticface » Thu May 12, 2022 11:55 pm

Hey everyone. Recently, I broke up with my girlfriend. It wasn’t for lack of love or anything, it was because I had to stand up for what I believe in. We couldn’t see eye-to-eye on a subject and I just wasn’t okay with it so as much as I hated doing it, I had to call it off. I won’t share the subject because it’s very controversial. I’m just having a really hard time moving on because she meant the world to me and I loved her and she loved me. And I just need some help. I can’t get my head clear, I’m just sad.

Help moving on

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Re: Help moving on

Postby Rixster67r » Sun May 15, 2022 6:43 am

The truth shall set you free..... research???

Which one of you is a non believer???

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun May 15, 2022 3:59 pm

sarcasticface wrote:Hey everyone. Recently, I broke up with my girlfriend. It wasn’t for lack of love or anything, it was because I had to stand up for what I believe in. We couldn’t see eye-to-eye on a subject and I just wasn’t okay with it so as much as I hated doing it, I had to call it off. I won’t share the subject because it’s very controversial. I’m just having a really hard time moving on because she meant the world to me and I loved her and she loved me. And I just need some help. I can’t get my head clear, I’m just sad.

All I can say is that love hurts and time heals all wounds. Be true to your principles and you'll live a happier life.

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Sun May 15, 2022 7:18 pm

sarcasticface wrote:Hey everyone. Recently, I broke up with my girlfriend. It wasn’t for lack of love or anything, it was because I had to stand up for what I believe in. We couldn’t see eye-to-eye on a subject and I just wasn’t okay with it so as much as I hated doing it, I had to call it off. I won’t share the subject because it’s very controversial. I’m just having a really hard time moving on because she meant the world to me and I loved her and she loved me. And I just need some help. I can’t get my head clear, I’m just sad.

Elguapo's right: time heals all wounds. If you live long enough, chances are you'll have your heart broken more than once. Hopefully, with time and personal growth, each cut will hurt less than the last one.

Think about it this way: most people in the world aren't going to want to date you, whether it's because of age, background, interests, money, or whatever and that's totally fine. But just the fact that you were able to find someone wanted to be in a relationship with you is proof that someone can love you.

And if it can happen once, it can happen again.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”