Is this the beginning of WWIII?

Russia invades Ukraine

Sponsor

Sponsor

achernar
Hall of Fame

Re: Russia invades Ukraine

Postby achernar » Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:22 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:Is this the beginning of WWIII?

probably not

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:09 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:Is this the beginning of WWIII?

Let's not think about that right now. I don't anticipate this spreading unless Putin decides to attack a NATO member.

Anyway... if anyone on this forum is in Ukraine, our thoughts are with you, and do reach out if you think of any ways we can help.

I will leave this link here. It links to causes helping out in Ukraine to which one can donate.

https://ukrainewar.carrd.co/?s=04
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:46 pm

Something to keep in mind as this unfolds.

Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:09 pm

RevanFan wrote:Something to keep in mind as this unfolds.

...wow, if my country got bombed I wouldn't be on social media criticizing others. I would be arming myself and seeking the enemy. I sure wouldn't be thinking of getting on the internet.

China is waiting for the U.S. to get involved and then china is going to invade Taiwan. Germany is going to back Russia because Germany needs Russia's oil. World World III? ... better prepare yourselves for the worst.

mytreds
Pro Bowl

Postby mytreds » Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:19 am

Putin (and eventually China) is striking while he can before our next general election. He did it in 2014 when he knew Obama/Biden wouldn’t stop him and before a stronger president could be elected. I could be wrong, but he will not annex Ukraine, rather he will make a buffer puppet regime state. This way he can nip in the bud all the talks about Ukraine wanting to be a NATO member. He can also put a further squeeze in Europe’s energy by controlling the pipelines running through Ukraine. Of course the normal Ukrainian Joe will suffer greatly.

This shouldn’t be ww3 unless the daft idiots in charge of the US and UK do something really stupid. I like to look to George Washington for sage wisdom in these matters: “The nation which indulges toward another an habitual hatred or an habitual fondness is in some degree a slave.”

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:41 am

Putin is taking out the Deep State..... Ukraine is where the Cabal laundries their money and holds the region hostage with bio-weapons.....

Prepare for blackouts.... " The jig is up"

The Deep State is backed into a corner because their plan has failed.....

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:15 am

mytreds wrote:Putin (and eventually China) is striking while he can before our next general election. He did it in 2014 when he knew Obama/Biden wouldn’t stop him and before a stronger president could be elected. I could be wrong, but he will not annex Ukraine, rather he will make a buffer puppet regime state. This way he can nip in the bud all the talks about Ukraine wanting to be a NATO member. He can also put a further squeeze in Europe’s energy by controlling the pipelines running through Ukraine. Of course the normal Ukrainian Joe will suffer greatly.

This shouldn’t be ww3 unless the daft idiots in charge of the US and UK do something really stupid. I like to look to George Washington for sage wisdom in these matters: “The nation which indulges toward another an habitual hatred or an habitual fondness is in some degree a slave.”

I believe this is correct. Putin is not dumb. He's not going to move against NATO because he knows his military would be considerably over-matched. He wants Ukraine as a buffer.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”