Corona Virus vs MikeWest5

Anything and everything.
MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Corona Virus vs MikeWest5

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:52 pm

JPMoneyman wrote:Good on you Mikewest,

good to see you are slowly on the mend.
Take it easy with the exercise stuff and do as you feel you can.
I never had covid but I've got a lung condition diagnosed in 2017 which literally destroyed my fitness overnight. Needless to say I know what it's like to exercise and then get completely exhausted in no time at all. Some days are going to better than others but improvement will come so just do the best you can day to day. And some days are going to be yeah pretty much not great. But overall I'm sure you'll be back on your feet in no time.
Good luck to you man and I'm glad you're getting better

Thank you so muxh JP for the encouragement and sharing your experience with the lungs. Yep, I am taking it really slow. And you're right, my walk today, I only got like 100 yards and was gassed. I did no excercise afterward. I came home and got a little rest and did my one minute breathing exercises. I do that 3-4 a day trying to get my oxygen up. One day at a time.

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:00 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:Glad you are getting better Mike. I hope it continues to improve! Sorry you had to deal with it!

Much appreciated KIT, thanks. The good news is, it didn't kill me. The bad news is I lost two very close friends earlier during the year to the virus. I am thankful for my life and following my doctors orders in my recovery without questions. It got really ugly while I was hospitalized. Being fed through tubes for 3 days and taking blood thinner shots in my gut twice a day was the worst I've ever been though. I am humbled and grateful.

Again, thank you for your concern and support. It means a lot.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:07 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:Glad you are getting better Mike. I hope it continues to improve! Sorry you had to deal with it!

Much appreciated KIT, thanks. The good news is, it didn't kill me. The bad news is I lost two very close friends earlier during the year to the virus. I am thankful for my life and following my doctors orders in my recovery without questions. It got really ugly while I was hospitalized. Being fed through tubes for 3 days and taking blood thinner shots in my gut twice a day was the worst I've ever been though. I am humbled and grateful.

Wow that is really awful. I’m so sorry man.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:31 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

Wow that is really awful. I’m so sorry man.

I am thankful for your kindness and empathy.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:33 pm

Ok, feeling a ton better. The breathing exercises are working for me. Today I got out and walked a full mile. I didn't want to over do it. I didn't feel as fatigued as I did last week. I am improving daily. Breathing through the mask while I walked was an issue. But again, I feel so much better. I got an oximeter to monitor my oxygen level while I walked. It didn't drop below 94, which was great.

Signs of improvement are promising. I have a sense of relief after today's walk.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:19 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:Ok, feeling a ton better. The breathing exercises are working for me. Today I got out and walked a full mile. I didn't want to over do it. I didn't feel as fatigued as I did last week. I am improving daily. Breathing through the mask while I walked was an issue. But again, I feel so much better. I got an oximeter to monitor my oxygen level while I walked. It didn't drop below 94, which was great.

Signs of improvement are promising. I have a sense of relief after today's walk.

Great news!!

melisabernts
Rookie

Postby melisabernts » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:31 am

Also had a coronavirus and felt just awful. I don't like that very long rehabilitation period. Many people feel weak.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:54 pm

melisabernts wrote:Also had a coronavirus and felt just awful. I don't like that very long rehabilitation period. Many people feel weak.

Yeah the road to recover is long. But we have that opportunity to do so, where many people weren't so fortunate. I'll take the long road. And seeing that the virus hits people on varying degrees, following doctors orders is a must. If people haven't been exercising, start. If people need to change their diets, do it. If poeple need to take vitamin suppliments, get on it. My moto is "Going slow, but doing what ever it takes to get back to 100% good health".

Before I got the virus I was walking 5 miles daily, now I get fatigued after 1 mile. My goal is to get back to that by the time spring 2022 is over.

Thank you so much for your support melisabernts!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”