Covid tried to kill me but I survived..... so far

Anything and everything.
Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:57 pm

On April 2nd 2021 one of my sons tested positive for Coronavirus and by Easter sunday I began to have symptoms....
at first I thought I would just breeze through it like it was nothing and for three days I did.....
but on the fourth day I began not being able to get enough oxygen so I was short of breath and on the fifth day I was in dire straights and hardly could breathe at all so I went to the emergency room..... they put me on oxygen and gave me steroids for my lungs and breathing treatments and this helped

I stabalized some so they admitted me to the hospital and gave me treatments up to 4 times per day.... I was not improving as far as getting oxygen on my own.... if I removed the oxygen hose I could not breathe on my own so I was not getting worse but not getting better....

more to come

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Covid tried to kill me but I survived..... so far

Postby RevanFan » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:27 pm

Yikes. I know some people who have had it, but they have all been lucky when it comes to the actual infection. The post-COVID symptoms, however, have been rough for them.

I know you said more to come, but are you okay now?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:33 pm

Rixster67r wrote:On April 2nd 2021 one of my sons tested positive for Coronavirus and by Easter sunday I began to have symptoms....
at first I thought I would just breeze through it like it was nothing and for three days I did.....
but on the fourth day I began not being able to get enough oxygen so I was short of breath and on the fifth day I was in dire straights and hardly could breathe at all so I went to the emergency room..... they put me on oxygen and gave me steroids for my lungs and breathing treatments and this helped

I stabalized some so they admitted me to the hospital and gave me treatments up to 4 times per day.... I was not improving as far as getting oxygen on my own.... if I removed the oxygen hose I could not breathe on my own so I was not getting worse but not getting better....

more to come

Sorry to hear the terrible news. I hope you and your son pull through. In February I lost a close friend to Covid-19. I know it's a tough battle. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son Rister67!

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:08 pm

Wow, really sorry! I hope you continue to get better and make a full recovery. Keep us posted.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:40 pm

Wishing you and your son a speedy recovery.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:41 pm

Hoping you and your son's full recovery.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:59 pm

Keep the good fight ..don't ever give up, you will get better or I will come there and kick your butt and the virus to hell and back...
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:15 am

BUS36 wrote: you will get better or I will come there and kick your butt and the virus to hell and back...

Dude, you should have gave that fire speech to your team in the midst of them getting hammered, instead of the therapy sessions asking "where does it hurt?"! :lol: :lol:

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:27 am

I did .. I even lost my voice right before halftime...At that point, the only thing I even said to them was" if you have any heart, pride within yourself, its time you decide to show it..Its something to just let a team kick you all over the field without trying, but to fight and say enough is enough is where you need to be at this time.."
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:23 am

Thankyou for all the prayers and responses..... We are a family of six and all of us got the covid at Easter...

My wife got really sick out of the gate and then started getting better about the time I started going downhill....

I was moved to the ICU and told they only had a few options left to try before going to the ventilator..... I was on high volume oxygen and you cant leave the hospital

It seems like a dream now but a doctor came and told me that they wanted to try a plasma treatment but I would have to sign some papers I guess releasing the hospital for treatment..... someone I dont know who went to a bloodbank and picked up the cocktail created just for me.....

I recieved the plasma by an I V and can report that this treatment saved my life .... I can say I am getting better everyday now I am home and off of oxygen..... The truth is I feel better right now than Ive felt in 20 years....

More to come

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”