Covid tried to kill me but I survived..... so far

Anything and everything.
KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Re: Covid tried to kill me but I survived..... so far

Postby KeepinItTeal » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:39 am

That's amazing! Thank goodness for that plasma treatment!! Glad you have recovered!!!

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu May 06, 2021 2:45 am

Rixster67r wrote:Thankyou for all the prayers and responses..... We are a family of six and all of us got the covid at Easter...

My wife got really sick out of the gate and then started getting better about the time I started going downhill....

I was moved to the ICU and told they only had a few options left to try before going to the ventilator..... I was on high volume oxygen and you cant leave the hospital

It seems like a dream now but a doctor came and told me that they wanted to try a plasma treatment but I would have to sign some papers I guess releasing the hospital for treatment..... someone I dont know who went to a bloodbank and picked up the cocktail created just for me.....

I recieved the plasma by an I V and can report that this treatment saved my life .... I can say I am getting better everyday now I am home and off of oxygen..... The truth is I feel better right now than Ive felt in 20 years....

More to come

That is great news Rixster67r! I'm very happy to here you and your family are recovering well!

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri May 07, 2021 1:14 am

Wow glad to hear you are doing better. I don't know what meds if any you are taking but some great natural remedies are Potassium Iodide, Zinc, Vit C and Vit D. These all boost your immunity and overall well-being. Be sure to check with your doctor first before trying these out to prevent any med interactions. I use this regimen every day for the last year and I really do feel a difference in overall energy level as well.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

melisabernts
Rookie

Postby melisabernts » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:38 am

This is the second time I fell ill with coronavirus, although I was vaccinated. Concerned that the recovery process is very slow.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:53 pm

melisabernts wrote:This is the second time I fell ill with coronavirus, although I was vaccinated. Concerned that the recovery process is very slow.

That is so unfortunate melisabernts, I hope you recover to 100%. Take it slow and please follow your doctor's orders.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:44 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
melisabernts wrote:This is the second time I fell ill with coronavirus, although I was vaccinated. Concerned that the recovery process is very slow.

That is so unfortunate melisabernts, I hope you recover to 100%. Take it slow and please follow your doctor's orders.

Yeah, Omicron is spreading rapidly and infecting people who are vaccinated but not boosted pretty regularly. But think on the bright side. Vaccination usually means your recovery will be smoother. Not always of course, but it helps.

As long as you and your loved ones survive and don't suffer long term effects, consider it a win. And I'll be hoping you have a quick recovery. If we can help in any way, do tell.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:16 pm

RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

Yeah, Omicron is spreading rapidly and infecting people who are vaccinated but not boosted pretty regularly. But think on the bright side. Vaccination usually means your recovery will be smoother. Not always of course, but it helps.

As long as you and your loved ones survive and don't suffer long term effects, consider it a win. And I'll be hoping you have a quick recovery. If we can help in any way, do tell.

Hey RevanFan, how've you been? Well I have good news and bad news. The good news is, yesterday I walked 2 miles and wasn't as fatigued. Good step in the right direction, my recovery is going well. I am slowly getting back into my exercise routine, slowly.

The bad news is that my chess partner of 13 years just died 4 days ago due to "complications" of getting the covid-19 virus. His sister called me with the unfortunate news yesterday. He was in decent health, only 51 yrs old and was vaccinated+1booster. :cry:

To help is to stay safe, take no unnecessary risks just to get out the house. These are not normal times any more. Wear your mask and gloves every time you go out, trust no one. Don't believe that just because you've gotten vaccinated and booster that you're superman or that you're super human and can't be infected. More and more people around the world are dying even after vaccination. Please, be cautious for your self and mother. Don't be smart, be wise.

Have a Merry Christmas!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:38 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

Hey RevanFan, how've you been? Well I have good news and bad news. The good news is, yesterday I walked 2 miles and wasn't as fatigued. Good step in the right direction, my recovery is going well. I am slowly getting back into my exercise routine, slowly.

The bad news is that my chess partner of 13 years just died 4 days ago due to "complications" of getting the covid-19 virus. His sister called me with the unfortunate news yesterday. He was in decent health, only 51 yrs old and was vaccinated+1booster. :cry:

To help is to stay safe, take no unnecessary risks just to get out the house. These are not normal times any more. Wear your mask and gloves every time you go out, trust no one. Don't believe that just because you've gotten vaccinated and booster that you're superman or that you're super human and can't be infected. More and more people around the world are dying even after vaccination. Please, be cautious for your self and mother. Don't be smart, be wise.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Trust me, I'm already not going anywhere haha. And I have never once in my life thought I was invincible. In fact until recently I pretty much constantly thought I was dying (thanks anxiety and panic attacks.)

I was supposed to see my small group of friends sometime soon, but with Omicron we're not sure anymore. DEFINITELY not until the one of us who has yet to be boosted gets her booster, and likely not until my mom gets hers either. I also considered seeing Spider-Man in theaters, but I'm not going to do that unless the theater is going to be pretty much empty.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:49 am

RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Yeah, Omicron is spreading rapidly and infecting people who are vaccinated but not boosted pretty regularly. But think on the bright side. Vaccination usually means your recovery will be smoother. Not always of course, but it helps.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Trust me, I'm already not going anywhere haha. And I have never once in my life thought I was invincible. In fact until recently I pretty much constantly thought I was dying (thanks anxiety and panic attacks.)

I was supposed to see my small group of friends sometime soon, but with Omicron we're not sure anymore. DEFINITELY not until the one of us who has yet to be boosted gets her booster, and likely not until my mom gets hers either. I also considered seeing Spider-Man in theaters, but I'm not going to do that unless the theater is going to be pretty much empty.

Hey RevanFan, I wasn't directing the "superman" label at you personally. I've heard so many people say that since they've been vaccinated they are ok and can't be infected. I know you don't take this lightly and I really admire your courage dealing with what you go through. I know we support each other 100%. That won't ever change.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”