I Have A Doctors Appointment Tomorrow

Anything and everything.
RevanFan
Legend

Re: I Have A Doctors Appointment Tomorrow

Postby RevanFan » Mon May 25, 2020 8:07 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:
Col. Trautman wrote:Thanks for the well wishes everyone! So far they think right now anyway that my anxiety was so bad it gave me these symptoms as my blood work came back good and the symptoms have been intermittent since then. They put me on Prozac for the next 30 days and I am dealing with the side effects of that right now, I happened to be awake for a bit so thought I would let you know. I have more follow ups next month, and we can hopefully learn more. The nausea from this stuff sure isn't fun...

I've been taking prozac for 4 years and it has never made me nauseated. It may not be the right medicine or it could be an allergy. I would keep a close eye on that.

I mean it's also quite possible he could be having a side effect that you didn't ever have. I started out on Lexapro for my anxiety and panic attacks, but had pretty much every side effect aside from the extreme mental side effects. A week later I was on Zoloft and I've been doing alright since. Very low dose though. I don't really take it to manage my anxiety completely, I just take it to prevent me from having panic attacks. I still have bad anxiety once in a while, but it's not as common and severe when it happens.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue May 26, 2020 2:11 pm

Col. Trautman wrote:Thanks for the well wishes everyone! So far they think right now anyway that my anxiety was so bad it gave me these symptoms as my blood work came back good and the symptoms have been intermittent since then. They put me on Prozac for the next 30 days and I am dealing with the side effects of that right now, I happened to be awake for a bit so thought I would let you know. I have more follow ups next month, and we can hopefully learn more. The nausea from this stuff sure isn't fun...

Good to see your spirits are up! Col. it's important that you take the time to study what's going on with you along with following doctors orders! Get copies of your medical records and exam results to study at home! Understand what they think is going on with your health! Your records have all the real details, not just the pcp's summary that's reviewed with you! It will be easier to stomach what they tell you, their explanations will be clearer and you will be talking to them on a educated medical level from your point of view of health that can help them and you in the process!

Try to relax as much as possible, can you go fishing?

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Tue May 26, 2020 6:48 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:

I've been taking prozac for 4 years and it has never made me nauseated. It may not be the right medicine or it could be an allergy. I would keep a close eye on that.

I mean it's also quite possible he could be having a side effect that you didn't ever have. I started out on Lexapro for my anxiety and panic attacks, but had pretty much every side effect aside from the extreme mental side effects. A week later I was on Zoloft and I've been doing alright since. Very low dose though. I don't really take it to manage my anxiety completely, I just take it to prevent me from having panic attacks. I still have bad anxiety once in a while, but it's not as common and severe when it happens.

Now that I think about it, the only side effects I've ever had from Prozac is feeling high, drowsy, and weird dreams. But that was when I first started taking it. Now I only have weird dreams.

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:05 pm

Just an update for you guys. The Prozac turned out to be a big mistake, I ended up with serotonin syndrome and had to be rushed to the ER and put on IVs. I didn't receive the best of care from my local provider so I looked elsewhere and now have a good doctor, but a lot further a way. Since the 13th of June I have had a persistent migraine and nausea that hasn't gone away even with usual pain relievers. My left leg has been quite numb for days and the heat has been making me feel worse. I have stabbing sensations in my hands and neck plus some vision problems and memory lapses.... Needless to say my doctor has ordered an urgent MRI and I have to wait for my insurance to authorize it. I am really starting to believe that I have MS based on how long this has been going on. Very rough period of time in my life these days :cry:

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:18 pm

Col. Trautman wrote:Just an update for you guys. The Prozac turned out to be a big mistake, I ended up with serotonin syndrome and had to be rushed to the ER and put on IVs. I didn't receive the best of care from my local provider so I looked elsewhere and now have a good doctor, but a lot further a way. Since the 13th of June I have had a persistent migraine and nausea that hasn't gone away even with usual pain relievers. My left leg has been quite numb for days and the heat has been making me feel worse. I have stabbing sensations in my hands and neck plus some vision problems and memory lapses.... Needless to say my doctor has ordered an urgent MRI and I have to wait for my insurance to authorize it. I am really starting to believe that I have MS based on how long this has been going on. Very rough period of time in my life these days :cry:

Keep us posted, and good luck. Hopefully you'll have a confirmation of what's going on and can begin treatment soon.
My Cowboys Journal

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:53 pm

Col. Trautman wrote:Just an update for you guys. The Prozac turned out to be a big mistake, I ended up with serotonin syndrome and had to be rushed to the ER and put on IVs. I didn't receive the best of care from my local provider so I looked elsewhere and now have a good doctor, but a lot further a way. Since the 13th of June I have had a persistent migraine and nausea that hasn't gone away even with usual pain relievers. My left leg has been quite numb for days and the heat has been making me feel worse. I have stabbing sensations in my hands and neck plus some vision problems and memory lapses.... Needless to say my doctor has ordered an urgent MRI and I have to wait for my insurance to authorize it. I am really starting to believe that I have MS based on how long this has been going on. Very rough period of time in my life these days :cry:

I'm so so sorry man. Keep your chin up! I'll be thinking about you and praying for relief from this!

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:18 pm

I got my MRI today and it isn't MS; I have a large brain tumor.... I have likely had it for many years and it just now has become so large that it is causing me all these problems. I have to see a neurosurgeon on Monday for more tests to confirm the type it is and I may be having surgery in a couple of weeks. Needless to say I am an emotional wreck....

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:22 pm

Col. Trautman wrote:I got my MRI today and it isn't MS; I have a large brain tumor.... I have likely had it for many years and it just now has become so large that it is causing me all these problems. I have to see a neurosurgeon on Monday for more tests to confirm the type it is and I may be having surgery in a couple of weeks. Needless to say I am an emotional wreck....

Well... that's definitely not ideal, to say the least. Man. I'm sorry you've gotta deal with this.

Try to keep your head up as best you can, though I know that will be incredibly difficult. Do you have anyone to talk with to help you sort through everything you're feeling? Family, friends, therapist, etc.? Having someone to listen to you will definitely help you deal with what you're going through. I've not experienced anything like a brain tumor personally, but I know having a good support group helps in any situation.
My Cowboys Journal

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:10 am

Col. Trautman wrote:I got my MRI today and it isn't MS; I have a large brain tumor.... I have likely had it for many years and it just now has become so large that it is causing me all these problems. I have to see a neurosurgeon on Monday for more tests to confirm the type it is and I may be having surgery in a couple of weeks. Needless to say I am an emotional wreck....

I will keep you in my prayers. I am so sorry to hear about this and I'll pray that you get some good news.
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:40 pm

You have all my thoughts and prayers... everything will turn out for the good.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”