I Have A Doctors Appointment Tomorrow

Anything and everything.
Col. Trautman
MVP

Re: I Have A Doctors Appointment Tomorrow

Postby Col. Trautman » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:52 pm

Thanks for the support guys, I really have the pre-appointment jitters tonight. I am still in a state of shock. I probably won't be on the forums for a while. I will give you an update when I know more.

Sponsor

Sponsor

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:04 am

WE HAVE YOU BACK...Col.Trautman, you are family!!!
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:40 am

Hang in there man!! The optimist in me is hopeful that the tumor is going to be benign, you'll get through the surgery just find and in no time you will be back to 100%! Great news that it's not MS!

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:01 am

Well here is an update, my pending surgery date is August 5. The neurosurgeon believes it is benign, but the biopsy will confirm. I was told there could be some complications as it has infiltrated a very important blood vessel the saggital sinus. Wikipedia is a help here.... They won't be able to remove all of it, but because it is so big I may not have any other problems if it does grow back. The main complications could be an infection as they might not be able to replace the skull flap. To say the very least I am terrified as I have never had anesthesia or surgery in my life. (I have been very blessed)
I have to be on new insurance and hopefully I will get some of my pre-op work done in the next week or so, more imaging :/ (I lost vision temporarily in my last MRI and experienced pain, probably from the tumor, but I am still scared.)

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:03 pm

Good luck with your surgery and recovery. Someone in my family had a brain tumor that went undiagnosed for years because she refused to go to the doctor. Had migraines every day for years but refused to get it checked out.

You found out before something too horrible happened, and you're getting it treated. If you're in a good hospital with a good surgeon and people who recognize what care you need you should be fine. Once again, good luck.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:38 pm

Well, I go under 7:00am tomorrow morning things progressed very quickly still the biopsy will tell the tale, but I have been in the hospital since July 12th and am on 8 different drugs and even insulin now. Very scared as each day I am told my recovery following the craniotomy could take longer as they don't want to risk anything. Just an update while I am somewhat coherent my pulse has been real choppy even over 160 very strange feeling

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:30 pm

Col. Trautman wrote:Well, I go under 7:00am tomorrow morning things progressed very quickly still the biopsy will tell the tale, but I have been in the hospital since July 12th and am on 8 different drugs and even insulin now. Very scared as each day I am told my recovery following the craniotomy could take longer as they don't want to risk anything. Just an update while I am somewhat coherent my pulse has been real choppy even over 160 very strange feeling

All I can say is good luck, and I'm rooting for you. Go kick this thing where it hurts.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:57 am

Full week out of surgery, I have to relearn quite a lot. The surgery had to be more extensive than originally thought and I am blessed to be alive. I don't have much in the way of memories and I can hardly grasp a thought. Looking forward to being able to walk again, when things are finally rewired so to speak. I may have to have radiation to remove the last of it once the Mayo Hospital grades this. The surgeon does not want to have to do another surgery if possible, but so far a real bumpy road, Sleep has been tough too, exhausted, head hurts like you wouldn't believe; I wrote this out on paper yesterday and hope it makes some sense on this, vision is so blurry....

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:14 pm

I am glad the surgery was successful. Your road to recovery will be a long and challenging effort! Please know that the light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how far away, will always shine specifically for you! Don't push to fast. Rest as much as you can! One day you will emerge from that dark tunnel the victor!

I am reminded of the classic Coke commercial of "Mean" Joe Greene in that tunnel. I'm that kid, you're Mean Joe! Victory shall be yours forever!

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:46 am

Got the prognosis, grade 2 tumor so will need 8 weeks of radiation. I have a lot of trouble remembering things. I will be going to rehab in the next few days. I still get seizures and I lose control of my left side sometimes so I have to take it slow. I give myself obtainable goals so I can always say that it is a positive day!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”