My State Has Passed a Milestone!!!

Anything and everything.
sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Re: My State Has Passed a Milestone!!!

Postby sarcasticface » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:40 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
sarcasticface wrote:Did you just compare rightfully enforcing a copyright with the 1st amendment of the constitution of A-f•cking-merica (aka me rightfully going and gathering in a group of 10+ people)?

1. It's not reckless.
2. I don't have the virus, so I'm not even potentially spreading it.
3. Like 99% of deaths were people with underlying health issues already.

OK, I get it, you're trolling. Ha ha, funny.

Lol if you think I'm trolling. Maybe you're just mad because I'm right and you don't want to get over it.

Sponsor

Sponsor

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:10 pm

sarcasticface wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:
sarcasticface wrote:Did you just compare rightfully enforcing a copyright with the 1st amendment of the constitution of A-f•cking-merica (aka me rightfully going and gathering in a group of 10+ people)?

1. It's not reckless.

Lol if you think I'm trolling. Maybe you're just mad because I'm right and you don't want to get over it.

Lol, I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. Either you were trolling or it was unadulterated ignorance. But now you've cleared that up.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:48 pm

sarcasticface wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:

1. It's not reckless.

1. Your opinion, and a minority one at this point considering what is going on in this country right now.
2. How do you know you aren't a carrier? Unless you've been tested and cleared, which I would bet my life savings against.
3. An 18-year old died in LA County yesterday. They are reporting that 42% of their new cases are in the 18-40 year old age range.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:38 pm

AaronS wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
AaronS wrote:Washington state hit 95 deaths last night. 2000+ cases, but the overwhelming majority are in the large metro areas where it is likely to spread, or where people have already been exposed.

I'm SHOCKED the WA Governor hasn't issued a shelter in place order, since this was a major epicenter.

Be safe all! Stay home if you can.

We're at 20,000 cases now, 12,000 in New York City alone. People are still going out in the parks huddling in groups and playing basketball and jogging closer than six feet apart even though they were ordered not to. 157 dead.

I got a kick out of the Spring Break kids down in Florida last week. They had to shut the beaches down get them to quit partying.

They're going to have to do the same thing at Washington beaches, apparently. Looked like a summer day from the footage on the news last night. I'd freak the freak out if I was a shopkeeper or resident out there.

... just confirms my belief that people are retarded. Not that I needed confirmation.

"just confirms my belief that people are retarded. Not that I needed confirmation." - This is the best comment on this whole thread by far...... and is completely true and I got a good laugh thanks Aaron S. I fully agree....(Fist bump!) 8-)
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:43 am

ultimatum77 wrote:
AaronS wrote:
RevanFan wrote:We're at 20,000 cases now, 12,000 in New York City alone. People are still going out in the parks huddling in groups and playing basketball and jogging closer than six feet apart even though they were ordered not to. 157 dead.

I got a kick out of the Spring Break kids down in Florida last week. They had to shut the beaches down get them to quit partying.

They're going to have to do the same thing at Washington beaches, apparently. Looked like a summer day from the footage on the news last night. I'd freak the freak out if I was a shopkeeper or resident out there.

... just confirms my belief that people are retarded. Not that I needed confirmation.

"just confirms my belief that people are retarded. Not that I needed confirmation." - This is the best comment on this whole thread by far...... and is completely true and I got a good laugh thanks Aaron S. I fully agree....(Fist bump!) 8-)

Yep, spot-on, awesome comment.

You know, there's this phrase from Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory which I like. "You can spend 30 seconds for some simple dignity". But I like a modified version, "You can spend some time for simple EMPATHY". My best friend has some issues with blood pressure and her heart. From what I can tell by reading, people with cardiac issues is more prone to have something serious if they get coronavirus. For all I know, I'm asymptomatic and could be spreading the virus to her and a bunch of other people, me being none the wiser. I am not going to be the reason my friend, or anyone else for that matter, gets infected or not. But it's apparent that there's people that can't be bothered by that, can't be bothered to think for the benefit and well being of others ...

Also, people that thinks that this is 'just the flu" really need to shut up. I'm surprised that no one really compares it to it's cousin, SARS. It's not as deadly as SARS, but any kind of deadly is too deadly to me.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:51 am

Spoiler:
I'm going to ask this in a separate post because of the contents of the question. If it is not appropriate, it can be deleted. I'll be ok if the answer is a simple yes or no, and I won't refer to this again. I'll even bracket it in Spoiler tags.

From my little research, which started due to the intro scene of Splinter Cell (yes, they do make reference to this there), and got brought up here, I can tell that the US' First Amendant can be summarized in "the Freedom of Speech". Is this true?

And please, I beg, don't expand on this. Just a single yes or no suffices.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:56 am

jose21crisis wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm going to ask this in a separate post because of the contents of the question. If it is not appropriate, it can be deleted. I'll be ok if the answer is a simple yes or no, and I won't refer to this again. I'll even bracket it in Spoiler tags.

From my little research, which started due to the intro scene of Splinter Cell (yes, they do make reference to this there), and got brought up here, I can tell that the US' First Amendant can be summarized in "the Freedom of Speech". Is this true?

And please, I beg, don't expand on this. Just a single yes or no suffices.

Yes, true but it's more addressing the ability of the people to question/tell their government about their grievances (why they are unhappy with the current status quo/new laws). Some people interpret it very loosely to mean party like a rock star, which is NOT what the original drafters intended. If you read it in context it is about allowing people to tell their government what it needs to improve or change.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:05 am

jose21crisis wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:
AaronS wrote:

Yep, spot-on, awesome comment.

You know, there's this phrase from Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory which I like. "You can spend 30 seconds for some simple dignity". But I like a modified version, "You can spend some time for simple EMPATHY". My best friend has some issues with blood pressure and her heart. From what I can tell by reading, people with cardiac issues is more prone to have something serious if they get coronavirus. For all I know, I'm asymptomatic and could be spreading the virus to her and a bunch of other people, me being none the wiser. I am not going to be the reason my friend, or anyone else for that matter, gets infected or not. But it's apparent that there's people that can't be bothered by that, can't be bothered to think for the benefit and well being of others ...

Also, people that thinks that this is 'just the flu" really need to shut up. I'm surprised that no one really compares it to it's cousin, SARS. It's not as deadly as SARS, but any kind of deadly is too deadly to me.

Good post, it's true that people are more narcissistic and lack empathy than at any time in history. I believe it is by societal design especially through social media platforms warping people's view of themselves, (hence why I don't care for most forms of common social media). We have people in Italy singing from the balconies and banging pots/pans and posting to social media and this is news???....my question is what does it achieve??? Nothing. Instead they would be better addressing their own health/ways to get better and spending more time with their families instead of playing like fools in the balcony and looking like hooligans. People are too self-absorbed to think about others it's always me, me, me and human nature is naturally selfish. Social media just feeds that self-ego (and selfishness) even more to almost psychotic levels. No one cares if a celebrity has the virus, even though the media touts it like it's so important. It's not important as everyone is a human being and are experiencing the same circumstances. A lot of people will need to grow up and mature during this time period if they want to survive.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:40 am

jose21crisis wrote:But it's apparent that there's people that can't be bothered by that, can't be bothered to think for the benefit and well being of others ...

That's exactly true, and incredibly sad.

I went to law school (long time ago) and am an adjunct law school professor... sorry, but I didn't quite understand your question on the 1st Amendment, can you expound on it? Con Law questions produce, IMO, the most interesting issues, cases and analysis. Thanks.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:48 am

Why the younger demographic is the most important group with respect to adhering to a social distancing policy:

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”