I got a laptop!

Anything and everything.
RevanFan
Legend

Re: I got a laptop!

Postby RevanFan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:45 am

peterparker wrote:About that going slow, my battery plan was on power-saving mode, but I just put it on high performance.

What are the actual, full specs of the system? You can find them using Speccy or CPU-Z, which can be easily found with a quick Google search.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:27 am

RevanFan wrote:
peterparker wrote:But, it's slower than mud. It's a Gateway. I have Windows Vista, but I installed a Windows 10 Theme on it.

Gateway? Vista? Wow... You know you could throw Linux on there and get much better performance. Vista is the worst OS they've ever done.

Two words. Windows. 10.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:43 am

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
peterparker wrote:But, it's slower than mud. It's a Gateway. I have Windows Vista, but I installed a Windows 10 Theme on it.

Gateway? Vista? Wow... You know you could throw Linux on there and get much better performance. Vista is the worst OS they've ever done.

Two words. Windows. 10.

Not even close. Vista makes me scream in my nightmares to this day. Windows 10 is, for the most part, good (if you have the Enterprise or Education versions of it.)

8 and 8.1 are also terrible in my mind. Especially 8. Oh, and 2000. Ugh, 2000.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

LT #78
Pro Bowl

Postby LT #78 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:42 pm

I never got what people had against Vista. I thought it was fine.

Windows 8 made me wanna take the tower and throw it out a neverminding window. The piece of hardware with the most potential to cause slowdowns is the one that sits in front of the monitor, and I could not ever get myself to run fast on Windows 8. Fortunately, I put off the upgrade to Windows 8 on my own work computer long enough that I could skip straight from 7 to 10, but the many times when I was forced to use a shared computer that nobody had protected from that "upgrade," I was miserable.

Apparently 8 is great for touchscreen devices...but I hate touchscreens, so that doesn't do anything at all for me.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”