What's on your mind? (Serious)

Anything and everything.
ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:54 am

Just gonna start this off by saying that everybody goes through rough times in their life. Everyone gets down on themselves. We're our own worst enemies, and we often tend to trivialize our own problems while blaming ourselves for things that might be out of our control.

The issue is... the majority of people believe that they are able to face everything themselves, without any help, and they don't want to be a burden on others.

If you are dealing with something currently in your life that is painful, don't be afraid to reach out to others.

This thread is a safe space for everyone. All disparaging/inappropriate replies will be deleted immediately.

Please, don't be afraid to speak your mind. We are all here for eachother.

POSITIVE THOUGHTS ARE GOOD TOO. ANYTHING YOU FEEL LIKE SHARING, PLEASE BRING UP! :D
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: What's on your mind? (Serious)

Postby RevanFan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:58 am

I'm not sure you should delete all non-serious replies. Just any that are disparaging or inappropriate.

Anyway, do you want just negative thoughts, or do positive thoughts work too?

Also, just to specify, we do have rules regarding political conversations. Please try the avoid politics... At least American and British politics.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:05 am

RevanFan wrote:I'm not sure you should delete all non-serious replies. Just any that are disparaging or inappropriate.

Anyway, do you want just negative thoughts, or do positive thoughts work too?

Also, just to specify, we do have rules regarding political conversations. Please try the avoid politics... At least American and British politics.

Amended the first post to specify those things! Positive thoughts are totally awesome :)
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:12 am

Okay... Positive thoughts then? Okay. I've got a girlfriend now (well... kind of), and I'm building a new computer today. So I'm happier than I've been in a while.
My Cowboys Journal

peterparker
Banned

Postby peterparker » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:12 am

RevanFan wrote:I've got a girlfriend now.

Da**, I wish I had a girlfriend. I know some girls that are hotter than sh**.
My brother gave me his laptop, I got it to work (it hasn't been used in 1 1/2 years), Now I just need to know the password.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:25 am

peterparker wrote:

My brother gave me his laptop, I got it to work (it hasn't been used in 1 1/2 years), Now I just need to know the password.

Hotness isn't important. It's a great bonus, but it's not important. The important thing is having someone you can be completely open and honest with. Someone who you trust, and someone who in turn trusts you.

And about the laptop... there are ways to get the password. Or just reinstall Windows, haha.
My Cowboys Journal

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:35 am

RevanFan wrote:Hotness isn't important. It's a great bonus, but it's not important. The important thing is having someone you can be completely open and honest with. Someone who you trust, and someone who in turn trusts you

100% correct.

As for positive things, just moved to a new country, started university. Pretty happy with life right now.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:44 am

RevanFan wrote:
peterparker wrote:

Hotness isn't important. It's a great bonus, but it's not important. The important thing is having someone you can be completely open and honest with. Someone who you trust, and someone who in turn trusts you.

Hotness definitely needs to be graded on a scale.

It doesn't matter how hot a woman is if you can't wait to kick her out of bed the next morning... or if you can't stand to sit down to dinner with her.. vacation.. family outings, ect.

.. and if all you're after in a relationship is sex, you're never going to be truly happy.

PatrioticParty
Veteran

Postby PatrioticParty » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:10 am

suicide :? :(

It's all complicated and sh*t, but it ended up where I can't play video games anymore. It's a dumb reason, but I can't believe how.......

boring(?) life is. I do school, I come home and. And what? nothing. I don't DO anything any more. I don't even feel like getting the TV remote.
Meh, it's dumb. I don't have any real life friends, so no one to hangout with. I guess I felt like I was accomplishhing (sorry for my spelling) something in video games. And I was, in some ways. My game where I put hundreds of hours of work in is no longer availble to me. I feel a bit betrayed I guess. I didn't just PLAY video games, I put my work and love into them. That's my thoughts.
:|
John 3:16

Sadly,I'm not allowed to have this anymore. Why am I leaving it there? I don't know,I'm not sure. Any how, Read this instead:

MADE IN AMERICA,PROUD IN AMERICA,LIVE IN AMERICA!!!!!

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:45 pm

PatrioticParty wrote:suicide :? :(

It's all complicated and sh*t, but it ended up where I can't play video games anymore. It's a dumb reason, but I can't believe how.......

boring(?) life is. I do school, I come home and. And what? nothing. I don't DO anything any more. I don't even feel like getting the TV remote.
Meh, it's dumb. I don't have any real life friends, so no one to hangout with. I guess I felt like I was accomplishhing (sorry for my spelling) something in video games. And I was, in some ways. My game where I put hundreds of hours of work in is no longer availble to me. I feel a bit betrayed I guess. I didn't just PLAY video games, I put my work and love into them. That's my thoughts.
:|

Please, please, please talk to someone. Whether it's your parents, someone at church or, probably best of all, a counselor trained in this area. Life will suck at times, that's just the way it is. But, take it from an old guy, 99% of problems are short term and will get better with time. If your parents are down on you about video games but it is truly your passion, I would come up with a concrete plan on how you can turn that passion into a professional career (classes in coding, programming, graphic arts, animation, etc.). It is a billion dollar industry with a multitude of job opportunities. Find your passion and make it a goal to find a career related to that passion. That's what I did and I thoroughly enjoy getting up and going to work every day. That's one of life's secrets!

Good luck man and DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”