What's on your mind? (Serious)

Anything and everything.
RevanFan
Legend

Re: What's on your mind? (Serious)

Postby RevanFan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:07 pm

PatrioticParty wrote:suicide :? :(

It's all complicated and sh*t, but it ended up where I can't play video games anymore. It's a dumb reason, but I can't believe how.......

boring(?) life is. I do school, I come home and. And what? nothing. I don't DO anything any more. I don't even feel like getting the TV remote.
Meh, it's dumb. I don't have any real life friends, so no one to hangout with. I guess I felt like I was accomplishhing (sorry for my spelling) something in video games. And I was, in some ways. My game where I put hundreds of hours of work in is no longer availble to me. I feel a bit betrayed I guess. I didn't just PLAY video games, I put my work and love into them. That's my thoughts.
:|

Yes, please talk to someone, and do whatever it takes to get the help you need. I have never had depression, but I've had severe anxiety and panic attacks almost my entire life. I never got any better until I went to a psychiatrist and got on meds for my problem. And the only reason I decided to go to finally get help was because I ended up in the hospital thinking I was having a heart attack. Thank frick it was just a panic attack, but that made me realize I needed to get help. There is absolutely no shame in getting the help you need.

You need to talk to your parents about this, or at least someone close to you whom you trust, and you need to get help. If you do that, I can't promise you'll feel better quickly, and I can tell you it will be very hard, but you will eventually feel better than ever.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:43 pm

AaronS wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
peterparker wrote:Da**, I wish I had a girlfriend. I know some girls that are hotter than sh**.
My brother gave me his laptop, I got it to work (it hasn't been used in 1 1/2 years), Now I just need to know the password.

Hotness isn't important. It's a great bonus, but it's not important. The important thing is having someone you can be completely open and honest with. Someone who you trust, and someone who in turn trusts you.

Hotness definitely needs to be graded on a scale.

It doesn't matter how hot a woman is if you can't wait to kick her out of bed the next morning... or if you can't stand to sit down to dinner with her.. vacation.. family outings, ect.

.. and if all you're after in a relationship is sex, you're never going to be truly happy.

What is hotness? ...beauty, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As it goes, "someone's trash is someone else's treasure". But don't be fooled by beauty alone. Some of the most beautiful plants and animals are poisonous.

IceyJFish
All-Pro

Postby IceyJFish » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:26 pm

I'm still disappointed that Seahawks lost to Rams in the wildcard of 2020-21 :oops:

I'm kinda upset that some of my old friends on Discord say that Current Slim Shady is not great :evil: They say Eminem- 'Godzilla' was trash but not giving no reason :lol: :evil: I might unfriend them to be honest.

I'm really excited for 2021-22 NFL Season for my team :D

I'm about to go to college this coming fall :geek:
Attachments
wilson3.jpg
wilson3.jpg (1.66 MiB) Viewed 5562 times

francisbaud
Rookie

Postby francisbaud » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:11 pm

The Covid-19 vaccine... I'm a bit stressing about it being mandatory at some point. Many of my family members got it, and so far everything is fine, so hopefully it's not damaging our health on the long-term. And if the pandemic can end it's going to be a lot simpler for a lot of people. Especially those who are alone, can't see family members, etc. I guess this whole situation had a huge negative impact on a lot of people.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:34 pm

Koko the gorilla, who effectively learned sign language and created words by combining signs like "finger bracelet" for a ring and how our human ancestors would've been able to communicate. Could Homo Erectus and Neanderthals have been possibly compatible with the life of a modern human with some training?

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:56 pm

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:25 pm

Police, WA state patrol, firefighters, nurses... essential personnel dropping like flies in my state over their vaccine mandate.

Sad to watch people who put themselves at risk throughout the darkest hours of the pandemic get discarded this way.

I understand the emphasis being on the general health of the populous. I don't understand why more emphasis isn't being placed on finding out if Covid antibodies are present, or if some level of immunity has been developed. Especially among first responders who came in contact with Coronavirus on a daily basis.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:51 pm

AaronS wrote:Police, WA state patrol, firefighters, nurses... essential personnel dropping like flies in my state over their vaccine mandate.

Sad to watch people who put themselves at risk throughout the darkest hours of the pandemic get discarded this way.

I understand the emphasis being on the general health of the populous. I don't understand why more emphasis isn't being placed on finding out if Covid antibodies are present, or if some level of immunity has been developed. Especially among first responders who came in contact with Coronavirus on a daily basis.

The data I've seen shows that very few people are actually quitting their jobs or being fired due to vaccine mandates. Obviously I've only seen data from a few jurisdictions though (mostly New York and California), so that could be different where you are than say in New York where I am. The number of people quitting or being fired for refusing a vaccine is VERY low, except in certain police departments.

COVID antibodies being present isn't a great indicator of immunity. First, levels of antibodies vary WILDLY depending on whether you've just gotten sick, had one shot, two shots, three shots, or all of the above. For example, based on what I've seen from studies and reporting, the absolute best protection comes from a combination of having previously had COVID plus having had three doses (two regular and one booster) of Moderna's vaccine. Pfizer is not far behind, though their vaccine seems to decline in effectiveness with age more rapidly than Moderna. The lowest and least reliable protection comes from just getting sick. The least effective vaccine is Johnson and Johnson (at least in the US), though protection is MASSIVELY increased with a booster from an mRNA vaccine (especially Moderna) judging by recent studies on mixing and matching for booster shots. A J&J booster helps as well, but not nearly as much as an mRNA booster. As a J&J recipient myself, I'll very much be hoping to get a Moderna booster. They've consistently had the best and longest lasting protection in studies and they had the best results in mix and match studies when used as a booster for J&J.

Additionally, even if you've had COVID in the past, your ability to catch the virus goes down significantly once you've been vaccinated no matter how many antibodies you still have from infection. That, plus actual antibody testing, shows the number of antibodies produced by infection is dwarfed by the amount created by vaccination. Since essential workers are constantly around people, often vulnerable people, it is especially essential that they are vaccinated. Honestly, the fact that many have an issue with it is mind boggling to me, and I frankly wouldn't trust anyone who denies getting vaccinated to protect me. Police, firefighters, and especially medical workers are supposed to be keeping people safe and healthy, and when they are refusing to get vaccinated, they are actively putting the people they are supposed to protect at risk. That doesn't sit well with me.

But yeah... anyway, emphasis is not on antibody testing because vaccination creates a much higher level of protection than infection.

If you didn't want any of this information vomited out at you, my apologies. However, if you didn't know any of this, I felt it best to provide the info I know. I admittedly am not an epidemiologist, virologist, or immunologist, but I do follow all of the news and data that I can find.

By the way, once I get my booster, I'll gladly be this forum's guinea pig and let you all know how I feel after haha. I don't currently have it scheduled, but I will look to schedule it once the FDA officially approves mix and match booster shots.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

melisabernts
Rookie

Postby melisabernts » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:08 am

Personally very concerned about vaccination issues. I have already received two vaccinations. I don't want to be vaccinated again.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:50 pm

Dude girls are complicated and crazy.

Like that's all I'm gonna say lol

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”