Football taboo.....

Anything and everything.
JPK
Hall of Fame

Re: Football taboo.....

Postby JPK » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:48 pm

1312qohelet wrote:I really miss Devin Hester.

Me too! He was so-so on offense, but definitely the best returner I've ever seen.

His speed made him a great cornerback (his original position) in my Madden franchises, too. I would trade a 3rd or 4th rounder for him every time I started a franchise on 07, and then build him up to an OVR 99 cornerback/returner. Fun times.

To answer the original question, I rarely watch an entire game either. I usually will be fiddling online with a game in the background. Not sure if the lack of loyalty shown by teams and players alike is killing it for me. I understand that it's a business, but damn.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:02 pm

Danchat wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:Lol, these responses are awesome.....the main theme being no one here cares to glue their eyes for 3+ hours to the whole game lol....I second the highlight videos....it cuts all the bs plays out and in 8-10 minutes you see how the game played out....mostly with key turnovers and scores as the highlights it avoids all those time killers like 2 back to back false starts on offense etc.....you get a nice "bite sized portion" of the game instead of the whole time hog of a game.....

I watch all of the Vikings games, but I typically record the game and start it an hour after it's actually started. Then I can skip all of the commercials and have a far more enjoyable viewing experience. I also enjoy watching other games, but usually just on in the background while I'm doing something else.

smart man! Yea the actual game is only 1 hour long (15 min quarters) but stretched out into a whole event from all the commercials, tv breaks, halftime show (20 min) etc....pre game, post game....

Skipping all the stupid beer, dish tv, and insurance commercials would save you much viewing time.....and save it for the actual football....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:04 pm

I tend to watch NFL RedZone on Sundays, only turning away if Dallas is live on my local channels. Then I watch all of the primetime games.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:03 am

RevanFan wrote:I tend to watch NFL RedZone on Sundays, only turning away if Dallas is live on my local channels. Then I watch all of the primetime games.

I remember in middle school I use to watch like 10 hours of football on sunday just because there was literally nothing else to do......now I don't even watch at all....lol.....i guess habits change as we get older....

I'm surprised that some of the games are still able to be shown as many NFL and NBA tickets sales are going down because people have no spare income for such luxuries.....and also there are a lot of cord cutters (cable/dish) who are streaming online for way less than the monthly cable bill......

I'm sure the owners are taking notice and trying to develop some new rules or something to reinvigorate interest in a dying product.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:07 am

ultimatum77 wrote:I'm sure the owners are taking notice and trying to develop some new rules or something to reinvigorate interest in a dying product.....

Football still gets more viewers than any other sport in this country. Sports viewership is going down as a whole. Television viewership as a whole is going down.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:54 am

RevanFan wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:I'm sure the owners are taking notice and trying to develop some new rules or something to reinvigorate interest in a dying product.....

Football still gets more viewers than any other sport in this country. Sports viewership is going down as a whole. Television viewership as a whole is going down.

Traditional Pay-For cable and satellite is down. YouTube, Netflix, Prime, Hulu, and others are outpacing traditional television, but as a whole growth/content consumption is booming. And that's without taking into consideration all the unauthorized streaming taking place, especially on r/streaming threads (300,000 simultaneous visitors to r/boxingstreams before the Floyd/Conor fight, and that was just simultaneous visitors, had to have been at least several million unique visitors that night alone. Not that I was there or knew anything about it at all, whatsoever :roll: ;)
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”