XOR NFL Challenge

Anything and everything.
stratonascar
Veteran

Re: XOR NFL Challenge

Postby stratonascar » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:12 pm

#ThisJustIn, I've Created a 1980 NFL League using NFL Challenge which is converted from 1979, Because I Did use to edit some stuff after using a 1979 League File that I did using Madden NFL 08, Then Changed a Handful of Stars as they assign to those teams as it were back in 1980, Barring Free Agents and Retired Players and it's avaliable for download, If there's any changes including Missing Players, Please Let Us Know.

Up Next: NFL Challenge goes to 1981
Attachments
1980.zip
(317.37 KiB) Downloaded 169 times

Sponsor

Sponsor

zonecadet
Rookie

Postby zonecadet » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:23 am

TheSchwami wrote:Zonecadet - Would love to have those USFL and WFL ball teams. Please see my post to GJo59 for some interesting links. Do you have a later version of those files I mentioned? Cheers DaSchwam

Hey, sorry for not checking back on this. How on earth do I get the files to you? Both the WLAF and USFL teams are only in the .nfl format. I never did the .ros files as I tracked my season replays with a massive excel spreadsheet. The .nfl files are also as they were at the last game(s) of the season for each team and therefore have injured players below the end symbol in the file and subsitutes in many of the starting positions. If needs by I could restore them to opening day rosters. I'll await your reply and check in a little more often.

TheSchwami
Rookie

Postby TheSchwami » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:38 pm

zonecadet wrote:
TheSchwami wrote:Zonecadet - Would love to have those USFL and WFL ball teams. Please see my post to GJo59 for some interesting links. Do you have a later version of those files I mentioned? Cheers DaSchwam

Hey, sorry for not checking back on this. How on earth do I get the files to you? Both the WLAF and USFL teams are only in the .nfl format. I never did the .ros files as I tracked my season replays with a massive excel spreadsheet. The .nfl files are also as they were at the last game(s) of the season for each team and therefore have injured players below the end symbol in the file and subsitutes in many of the starting positions. If needs by I could restore them to opening day rosters. I'll await your reply and check in a little more often.

Zonecadet - I just checked in after an extended absence as well, so don't sweat it. I read your PM and thanks for the WLAF and USFL team files offer, I'll keep that on the backburner for now.

I am still trying to track down....

"The 512K verson of NFL.EXE had modified code and a later CURVES file. I remember those two XOR files addressed the excessive TURNOVER issue, and partially helped the 1-6 defense BUG or blitz cheat issue."

Aside from the changes in how the game is played since the 80's, passing vs running, scoring vs defense, the athletes themselves, etc. All of which have affect on tendencies, stats, and the associated schemes, playbooks and play calling.... without that modified code, the regular CHALLENGE .EXE file cranks out way too many turnovers. Another problem is kick return yardage, not so much on punts, but due to the rule changes, on kickoffs. We still make the best of it and enjoy the game.

TheSchwami
Rookie

Postby TheSchwami » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:40 pm

gjo59 wrote:I regret not replying sooner.

With respect to editing the Skills.txt file to customize how the Madden to XOR tool works:

If there is an error message complaining that the name is used in multiple tables, such as with "Overall Rating", the solution is to preface the column name in question with "Players.", so [Overall Rating] becomes [Players.Overall Rating]. So (for example) changing the query for the QBs Pass rating to equal the overall Madden rating would be:

Old: Pass, Int(([throw power]+[throw accuracy])/2), "'QB'"
New: Pass, [Players.Overall Rating], "'QB'"

Internally both the table holding the Madden data and the output XOR data have a column with this same name. This is actually a database design failure on my part, although adding the ability to modify the queries via the skills file was a last minute addition which I didn't thoroughly test.

Greg

Don't sweat it, thanks for the reply.

tvannaman
Rookie

Postby tvannaman » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:07 pm

Back in the late 80's, I wrote several C programs that would manage multiple seasons of NFL Challenge. Drafting new players, players retiring, coaches getting fired and changing the coaching profile, trades, etc. I recently dusted off my old code and have been updating it to work on my Mac. I've got it tied to MySQL to allow me to do all kinds of easy analysis and am about to attempt a wrapper GUI program in X-code to drive everything needed.

In the early 90's, XOR was working on the next version of this program and I sent in my $50 pre-order but alas, they went out of business. I was severely bummed out.

Good to see others have been keeping this great program alive.

stratonascar
Veteran

Postby stratonascar » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:44 pm

tvannaman wrote:Good to see others have been keeping this great program alive.

Thanks tvannaman, and with that after 5 months of work including lots of time wasting, We Finally Created the 1981 League File for NFL Challenge and it features the best NFL Stars of 1981 including Gary Barbaro (Chiefs), Terry Bradshaw (Steelers), Gary Fencik (Bears), John Hannah (Patriots), Joe Klecko (Jets), Harvey Martin (Cowboys) & Walter Payton (Bears) and a Cast of others from the year when MTV First Signed On with the Song shown below here!

So Download the Season in which the MLB was locked in the year has been converted to NFL Challenge and don't forget to make Roster Changes.
Attachments
1981.zip
(328.32 KiB) Downloaded 129 times

stratonascar
Veteran

Postby stratonascar » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:34 pm

And so the 1980's League Files of XOR's NFL Challenge won't be complete without 1982 and what does it feature?

- Air Coryell's Squad from San Diego known as the Chargers featuring Dan Fouts, Charlie Joiner & Wes Chandler
- Joe Theismann, John Riggins and the World Champion Washington Redskins
- And a Strike which shortened the Season to 9 Games which led to a Super Bowl Tournament

If you want to see all unfold for 1982 Download Here and maybe if you like it, just make changes and contribute to who will be removed and who will be replaced.

I'll Have the Rest of the League Files on the Next Post.
Attachments
1982.7z
(235.12 KiB) Downloaded 142 times

stratonascar
Veteran

Postby stratonascar » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:44 am

And Now the Rest of the League Files including the One's that were stock in the game, the 1987 Version (Now has player names) as well as the 2018 Season in which ended a few months ago, so download here with all the other seasons built in the set, because I'm going to add the College Seasons on the Next Post

And Later: Despite the AAF are ceasing operations (sort of), I'm planning to make a True NFL Minor League for NFL Challenge with a Twist so Cheerleaders will be the Minor League Football Stars in which they will be affecting 26 of the 32 NFL Teams that do have cheerleaders, more news ASAP.
Attachments
Classic Pro Football Seasons.zip
(4.24 MiB) Downloaded 174 times

stratonascar
Veteran

Postby stratonascar » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:58 pm

Now I've Added the College Football Stuff which consists of All-Time NCAA Greats, Greatest College Football Teams and Classic NCAA Seasons avaliable for Download here.
Attachments
All-Time NCAA Greats.7z
(52.3 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Greatest College Football Teams.7z
(275.78 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
Classic NCAA Seasons.7z
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 169 times

stratonascar
Veteran

Postby stratonascar » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:12 am

This Just In: I've added the 1992 NFL Season for NFL Challenge featuring Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin assembling a New 1992 Dallas Cowboys squad that I made myself using Madden Franchise Ratings and the Same goes for Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and the Buffalo Bills and Steve Young and his San Francisco 49ers (even if Joe Montana wanted to back things up), so download the 1992 NFL Season for NFL Challenge and Enjoy a Taste of the 1990's NFL Football in '92!
Attachments
1992.zip
(344.13 KiB) Downloaded 157 times

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”