Sunburns are the worst

Anything and everything.
Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Sunburns are the worst

Postby Austinmario13 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:21 am

So I went swimming yesterday and got sunburnt pretty badly, especially on the shoulders. Shoulder sunburns are the worst. Anyone else having this problem?

Sunburns are the worst

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Sunburns are the worst

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:52 am

Austinmario13 wrote:So I went swimming yesterday and got sunburnt pretty badly, especially on the shoulders. Shoulder sunburns are the worst. Anyone else having this problem?

I try not to go outside during the summer. I hate the heat. Only had one sunburn in my life, and it was miserable.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

IndyRevoly
Veteran

Postby IndyRevoly » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:05 pm

[Reposting the post I deleted. I read one of the two above's join date thinking it was the date of their post and deleted it because I thought I'd necro'd a six-year-old topic.]

My ancestry is such that I don't even sunburn when I go outside without sunblock on, I just burst into flames. It's convenient for keeping the neighbor kids off the lawn.
#71,890,810,827,091 on the list of things that I can't do

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:38 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:So I went swimming yesterday and got sunburnt pretty badly, especially on the shoulders. Shoulder sunburns are the worst. Anyone else having this problem?

i live in florida. if its a sunny day, being out in the sun at any time from 10am to 2pm, even to 4pm, you can get burnt in no time. the back of sun screen lotion bottles warns about being in the sun between 10am to 2pm.

i make sure to get to the beach before 10am. leave before like 10:30. and i dont go to the beach until after 5-6 pm. i usually make it out to the beach twice a day every day. if people followed these guidelines, they'd never get burnt no matter where they live.

face, ears, shoulders, back, back of the legs, arms, usually burn first on people.
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:53 pm

Melanoma is no joke. I recently started wearing long-sleeve under armor shirts outside in the sun, even in intense heat. Fun fact I didn't know before I started doing it; your sweat seeps into the fabric while you're outside and as soon as you walk into an air conditioned room the slightly damp, thin fabric cools a lot faster than cotton and since it sticks to your body (compression shirts) it cools your body a lot faster than regular clothes, even lightweight ones. To a lesser extent, it does the same while still outside in the heat if the wind picks up enough.

Also of note, all those cheap $5-$8 super hero compression shirts on aliexpress are pretty awesome. Asian sizes are about 2-3x smaller than US sizes though.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:21 pm

trey31 wrote:Melanoma is no joke. I recently started wearing long-sleeve under armor shirts outside in the sun, even in intense heat. Fun fact I didn't know before I started doing it; your sweat seeps into the fabric while you're outside and as soon as you walk into an air conditioned room the slightly damp, thin fabric cools a lot faster than cotton and since it sticks to your body (compression shirts) it cools your body a lot faster than regular clothes, even lightweight ones. To a lesser extent, it does the same while still outside in the heat if the wind picks up enough.

Also of note, all those cheap $5-$8 super hero compression shirts on aliexpress are pretty awesome. Asian sizes are about 2-3x smaller than US sizes though.

My method of fighting skin cancer is to just not go outside for more than an hour in the summer. I hate the heat more than most things in the world, and I'm hardly ever up in the morning or afternoon anyway, so it works.
My Cowboys Journal

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:29 pm

RevanFan wrote:
trey31 wrote:Melanoma is no joke. I recently started wearing long-sleeve under armor shirts outside in the sun, even in intense heat. Fun fact I didn't know before I started doing it; your sweat seeps into the fabric while you're outside and as soon as you walk into an air conditioned room the slightly damp, thin fabric cools a lot faster than cotton and since it sticks to your body (compression shirts) it cools your body a lot faster than regular clothes, even lightweight ones. To a lesser extent, it does the same while still outside in the heat if the wind picks up enough.

My method of fighting skin cancer is to just not go outside for more than an hour in the summer. I hate the heat more than most things in the world, and I'm hardly ever up in the morning or afternoon anyway, so it works.

I'm outside for as much as 11 hours in one day sometimes. :cry:
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:47 am

RevanFan wrote:My method of fighting skin cancer is to just not go outside for more than an hour in the summer. I hate the heat more than most things in the world, and I'm hardly ever up in the morning or afternoon anyway, so it works.

same. hibernating in the summer.

so this explains why revanfan always sounds exhausted/worn out. and i as well. the heat.
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:48 pm

truetothegame13 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:My method of fighting skin cancer is to just not go outside for more than an hour in the summer. I hate the heat more than most things in the world, and I'm hardly ever up in the morning or afternoon anyway, so it works.

same. hibernating in the summer.

so this explains why revanfan always sounds exhausted/worn out. and i as well. the heat.

I do? I hadn't realized that.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”