Graduation

Anything and everything.
RevanFan
Legend

Re: Graduation

Postby RevanFan » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:12 pm

NickyJ wrote:Procrastination was my favorite flavor for essays. I had two and a half months to write a paper about any subject for a history class in college. I really began writing in earnest with 2 weeks to go and got an A.

I've got that beat. I didn't write my research project for my English 101 class until three days before it was due. And I wrote it all in one night. A-.

Thankfully, almost none of my classes require writing.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:53 pm

JSamuel wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
JSamuel wrote:Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses both pray to God. At least, that's what they've said the several times they've knocked on our door.

They're both Christian sects. I should know. I was raised Mormon, and I've had many conversations with JWs. If you have the New Testament in your texts, you're Christian. Plain and simple.

I respect your opinion, but Mormons cannot be Christians because of these three verses.
Spoiler:
You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.
-Deuteronomy 4:2

I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book;
-Revelation 22:18

Every word of God is pure; he is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. Do not add to His words, lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.
-Proverbs 30:5-6
The Book of Mormon is an attempt to add to God's word.

I also believe that Jehovah's witnesses cannot be Christians, because they condemn the trinity, which is a clear part of scripture.

Look at these verses:
Spoiler:
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
-Matthew 28:19 NASB

Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons.
-1 Corinthians 12:4-6

Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.
-Isaiah 44:6

That's like saying Protestants can't be Christian because they split from the Catholic church, where Christianity originated...

http://www.christianitytoday.com/histor ... erent.html
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:10 pm

I like how this went from graduation to religion all of the sudden... :roll: Tbh, I hate all religion. All religion does is start wars.

I'm graduating next year, and this was my worst year of high school. My future is looking great.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:49 pm

RevanFan wrote:If you have the New Testament in your texts, you're Christian. Plain and simple.

Messianic Judaism ftw.

JSamuel wrote:The Book of Mormon is an attempt to add to God's word.

Historical fact: Every word in The New Testament added to the previously written word of the Hebrew Bible.

JSamuel wrote:
Spoiler:
Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.
-Isaiah 44:6

Isaiah (Prophet Dhul-Kifl) was an Islamic Prophet of Allah. Same dude spittin' testaments in the Qur'an, Torah, Tanakh, Christian Bible, and the Book of Mormon. Isaiah had mad publicity game for a dude in 8th century BC.

On a side note, Elon Musk, Neil deGrasse Tyson, and Stephen Hawking believe we are likely all living in a computer simulation The theory could explain the Fermi Paradox...

Don't sweat it if you don't agree with the most intelligent minds in the world though, most of them belong to
https://mensa.org/ (the high IQ society) and their website is notorious for having numerous url loops with hyperlinks in pages that lead back to the same page. Rumor has it IBM's Watson can beat anyone alive at Jeopardy but can't navigate the mensa website without getting stuck in a loop.

Which leads me back to this:

ycleped wrote:Well, I've officially graduated from high school as of last night!

I don't have many friends or family to talk to, so I figured I'd post here and share my excitement.

Congratulations!

Make the Dean's List at Temple and then PM me and I'll send you something cool! :D
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:15 pm

trey31 wrote:
ycleped wrote:Well, I've officially graduated from high school as of last night!

I don't have many friends or family to talk to, so I figured I'd post here and share my excitement.

Congratulations!

Make the Dean's List at Temple and then PM me and I'll send you something cool! :D

Thanks man! And don't worry, I plan to make it. ;)
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:38 pm

ycleped wrote:Thanks man! And don't worry, I plan to make it. ;)

I made Dean's List several times (not at Temple though). Finished school with a cumulative GPA high enough to make the Dean's List again lol. Nobody congratulated me for it. So I figure, make the list and PM me and I will legit send you something really cool for it.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:40 pm

RevanFan wrote:
NickyJ wrote:Procrastination was my favorite flavor for essays. I had two and a half months to write a paper about any subject for a history class in college. I really began writing in earnest with 2 weeks to go and got an A.

I've got that beat. I didn't write my research project for my English 101 class until three days before it was due. And I wrote it all in one night. A-.

Reminds me of this lol

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:49 pm

trey31 wrote:

Historical fact: Every word in The New Testament added to the previously written word of the Hebrew Bible.

Yes, but the books in the New Testament canon were written by the apostles of Jesus, (excepting Hebrews) and do not add to the Bible, but further solidify what is written in the Old Testament. Not only that, but they were selected very carefully during the Council of Carthage in AD 397.

The Book of Mormon contains many odd beliefs and theories which are not even spoken of in the Bible. Not only that, but the Book of Mormon was written in 1830. That's about 1,800 years after Christ's death.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:10 am

JSamuel wrote:
trey31 wrote:

Yes, but the books in the New Testament canon were written by the apostles of Jesus, (excepting Hebrews) and do not add to the Bible, but further solidify what is written in the Old Testament. Not only that, but they were selected very carefully during the Council of Carthage in AD 397.

The Book of Mormon contains many odd beliefs and theories which are not even spoken of in the Bible. Not only that, but the Book of Mormon was written in 1830. That's about 1,800 years after Christ's death.

Have you ever read the Book of Mormon? It's not as crazy as you seem to think it is. I mean, I didn't get the "spiritual tingles" when I read it, but it wasn't crazy.

Maybe read up on a church's doctrine, scripture, and ideals before going after it? I'm not an active member anymore, but I still find what you're saying rather... upsetting. It's coming off like you're attacking Mormon beliefs. I don't believe that is your intention, but it feels like that's the result.

EDIT: Okay. Now I'm being serious. Please stop discussing religion in this thread. That isn't the point, and it's getting too out of hand. Everyone just needs to learn to respect everyone else, and try to attempt to understand where their peers are coming from. No more discussion of religion in this topic. If there is any more, I will have to consider closing this topic. I don't want to have to do that.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:50 am

RevanFan wrote:

Procrastination is really bad...reaaaaaaaallly bad. ;)
It's a contagious disease...well, sort of. Everyone does it once in their lives.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”