Graduation

Anything and everything.
ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: Graduation

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:02 pm

ycleped wrote:
Kevin5455 wrote:Congratulations, ycleped! :D
RevanFan wrote:Congrats. What are you planning to study, if anything, in college? And where do you want to go if you are planning to go?

If I have any advice from my three semesters at college so far, it's this:

1. Hang out with the right people. People who boost your positive qualities and help better what you lack. If you're in the right major, often the "right people" for you will be there too. For example, I study computer networking/computer science. Now, you'd think most college students in New York would be doing drugs and partying all the time. Turns out in the group I've found, barely anyone even drinks, no one does drugs, and they would much rather do a different kind of D&D involving slaying demons and raiding dungeons for loot.

2. Don't procrastinate. I do that all the time, and it ends up hurting every time.

3. Study computer science. Just kidding, of course. Do what you think you'll love.

Thanks, guys!

To clear up the whole religious background thing, I'm Roman Catholic lol.

I'm going to be going to Temple University in August, majoring in nursing! I was accepted into the Honors department as well, and have an almost full scholarship due to my SAT scores (1470 out of 1600) and my class rank (7 out of 230). @Kevin, work hard through high school and you'll save a ton of money AND get to go to a great school!

I'm lucky to be in an amazing major. The nursing program at Temple is highly selective: out of 1900 applicants, only 110 were selected and out of that, only 65 committed. In my class (Temple class of 2021), I've met a lot of people through GroupMe chats and Facebook groups already. I'd say that only about 5 of the 65 nursing students are male, and of those 5, only 2 of us are also in the Honors program. Luckily, my roommate is the other male nursing student who is in Honors!

My other two roommates are Honors students as well on STEM tracks.

I plan to not procrastinate, although I did have a huge habit of it in high school.

In terms of drugs and partying, I'm not really interested in that and the people I've met so far that I plan to hang out with seem to be pretty respectable as well! They're into stuff like anime, sports, and music rather than stuff that could potentially ruin their lives.

Congrats ycleped, also that's a good field to choose. I wish you success in your academic endeavors! :) God Bless you bro!
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Re: Graduation - Update

Postby ycleped » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:23 am

trey31 wrote:Congratulations!

Make the Dean's List at Temple and then PM me and I'll send you something cool! :D

I made the Dean's List!
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:34 am

ycleped wrote:
trey31 wrote:Congratulations!

Make the Dean's List at Temple and then PM me and I'll send you something cool! :D

I made the Dean's List!

Congratulations! :D PM'ing you about that "something cool" now!
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:54 am

ycleped wrote:I made the Dean's List!

Dude, that is awesome!! Congrats!!

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:08 pm

Congrats ycleped!

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:11 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
ycleped wrote:I made the Dean's List!

Dude, that is awesome!! Congrats!!

Col. Trautman wrote:Congrats ycleped!

Thanks guys, much appreciated!
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”