What Are You Watching?

Anything and everything.
IndyRevoly
Veteran

Re: What Are You Watching?

Postby IndyRevoly » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:48 pm

trey31 wrote:Also didn't mention Oblivion in my earlier list, some people also didn't like it, but again I thought it was great. Same with The Island.

Ooh! I never saw Oblivion, but that does remind me of Edge of Tomorrow, which is the version of Groundhog Day with giant mechanical suits of armor that you never knew you wanted. I didn't see The Island either, but it seemed (based on the ads) very visually reminiscent to me of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, a movie which I really like that I think people mistakenly took seriously; I felt like the movie was trying to be a goofy 40s-era film serial, and I think it accomplished that, albeit perhaps in a bit too over-the-top kind of way when a select group of animals engineered by Hitler's men gets involved in the plot.
#71,890,810,827,091 on the list of things that I can't do

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:19 pm

IndyRevoly wrote:Ooh! I never saw Oblivion, but that does remind me of Edge of Tomorrow, which is the version of Groundhog Day with giant mechanical suits of armor that you never knew you wanted. I didn't see The Island either, but it seemed (based on the ads) very visually reminiscent to me of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, a movie which I really like that I think people mistakenly took seriously; I felt like the movie was trying to be a goofy 40s-era film serial, and I think it accomplished that, albeit perhaps in a bit too over-the-top kind of way when a select group of animals engineered by Hitler's men gets involved in the plot.

I put Edge of Tomorrow in my list. Excellent film, I loved every minute of it, I loved every minute of it, I loved every minute of it, I loved every minute of it, I loved every minute of it...

The Island is an homage to Logan's Run, but it was a Michael Bay film so naturally everyone hates it. I liked it. I liked Transformers, but hate every sequel. Loved Bad Boys. Hated his Turtles films. Loved The Rock. Hated Pearl Harbor. He is hit or miss, I felt The Island was a hit. When Mirror's Edge came out it kind of reminded me of The Island. It's really not a bad movie. Taters gonna tate though.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

IndyRevoly
Veteran

Postby IndyRevoly » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:20 pm

trey31 wrote:The Island is an homage to Logan's Run, but it was a Michael Bay film so naturally everyone hates it. I liked it. I liked Transformers, but hate every sequel. Loved Bad Boys. Hated his Turtles films. Loved The Rock. Hated Pearl Harbor. He is hit or miss, I felt The Island was a hit. When Mirror's Edge came out it kind of reminded me of The Island. It's really not a bad movie. Taters gonna tate though.

I actually wasn't really aware of the Logan's Run angle (was that on your list? Kind of cheesy but a definite milestone in the genre on film), but that makes it sound somewhat interesting to me. I liked the first Transformers too; it had fun with the concept, kind of hung the lampshade a bit on the whole "this is a movie about toys" thing, and ramped up into a sort of serious typical action-style ending that was enjoyable enough. Plus I was a big fan of seeing the Secretary of Defense have to defend something in the most literal sense possible. 2 was very strange; the humor got puerile and mindless yet at the same time the movie was trying to sell you that the stakes were even higher this time and everything is super important and serious and blah blah blah and it's like "yeah but that robot's got balls, how come?" Didn't see any of the others after that.

P.S. - I hugely adore The Rock. Do not get me wrong, however: I hate the freakin' pants off of Michael Bay.

Edit: Omg I just watched 37 Avatars :lol: :lol: :lol:

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:33 pm

IndyRevoly wrote:Omg I just watched 37 Avatars :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of the best re-dubbed video memes!
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

IndyRevoly
Veteran

Postby IndyRevoly » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:00 pm

"In a row?" That three-word question that never fails to make me regret watching Clerks. again.

peterparker
Banned

Postby peterparker » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:34 pm

Anything with Tom Cruise, any Marvel or DC movies...............

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:49 pm

peterparker wrote:Anything with Tom Cruise, any Marvel or DC movies...............

I love the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The DC one... not so much.

Do you watch any of the MCU TV shows or Netflix shows?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

peterparker
Banned

Postby peterparker » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:52 pm

RevanFan wrote:
peterparker wrote:Anything with Tom Cruise, any Marvel or DC movies...............

No..........................Every once in a while I watch The Flash.
Spoiler:
But The Flash isn't in the MCU........

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:02 pm

peterparker wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Spoiler:

You're not experiencing good superhero TV if you haven't seen seasons 2-4 of Agents of SHIELD, as well as Daredevil and Jessica Jones. And maybe the first half of Luke Cage.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

peterparker
Banned

Postby peterparker » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:55 pm

RevanFan wrote:
peterparker wrote:
RevanFan wrote:I love the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The DC one... not so much.

Spoiler:

You're not experiencing good superhero TV if you haven't seen seasons 2-4 of Agents of SHIELD, as well as Daredevil and Jessica Jones. And maybe the first half of Luke Cage.

My sister watches Agents of SHIELD, and I've heard Daredevil is really violent.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”