New Users - Introduce yourself here

Anything and everything.
Ruskiy_Ranger
Rookie

Re: New Users - Introduce yourself here

Postby Ruskiy_Ranger » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:55 pm

Hello, my name is Jack, just wanted to say Thank You to the Football Idiot community for keeping Madden 08 more than alive! I think you guys have created some amazing mods and improvements to the game! I hope that you continue to keep up with building on madden 08 and making great mods!

Sponsor

Sponsor

marco40niners
Rookie

Postby marco40niners » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:45 am

Hi community,

I am a 49ers fan from Germany for 13 years now.
I bought madden 08 in 2007 when I was 16 years old and I am playing it since then.
But I didnt have any idea of modding so I always played the basic version with the same roster over and over again...
What an awesome moment in my life when I found this website !!! It changed everything.
I love you guys for the great work you did and thank you very very much !

adamgrr
Rookie

Postby adamgrr » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:41 am

Hi, I've been playing Madden 08 on Xbox for years and have recently purchased the PC version.

Where has it been all my life??? lol

Mostly I deal with "old time" teams, meticulously entering names and changing numbers on my xbox, only to be able to use them in tournaments. With the PC version, everything makes so much more sense!

Anyway, I just want to start off easy, downloading some rosters, then I'll try some mods and maybe even try to create some mods of my own.

I can't believe how large this community is, thanks for this web site.

One question: I've downloaded and run the PC CD a few times, but I'm unable to access the official updates for Madden 08. The server keeps timing out, I suppose it doesn't even exist anymore. Will I be able to use mods if I can't get the official update?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:31 pm

adamgrr wrote:One question: I've downloaded and run the PC CD a few times, but I'm unable to access the official updates for Madden 08. The server keeps timing out, I suppose it doesn't even exist anymore. Will I be able to use mods if I can't get the official update?

The patch server that the game connects to doesn't work anymore. But the patches have been uploaded on this forum, and we also have a link to EA's FTP server that has the patch. You can find it in paragraph #4 of the Starting Guide for New Players.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18494

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay. Feel free to search for the answers to any questions you have, and if you can't find them, feel free to ask.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Mir33
Rookie

Postby Mir33 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:25 am

New user ! My name is Mir just wanted to say thanks to whoever makes this site what it is awesome job !

alexfrankone
Rookie

Postby alexfrankone » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:02 pm

Hey! My name alexfrankone, and I am looking to create mods for Madden 08 PC. I am from the Lehigh Valley area (where Saquon Barkley is from), and I am looking to create a District 11 Mod for Madden PC.

dands413
Rookie

Postby dands413 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:00 pm

Hello, I've been in and out using all the Amazing Mods from you enormously talented football enthusiasts for years. Wanna say hey, and an enormous TY. I start playing other console versions. I always end back on 08.

I have a question, request. I want to replace just the default nfl logo that shows on the top score skin in game. With an AAF logo. How do I accomplish this? What .day file has this? Can I place a jpg in a folder to get this done?

Much Appreciation

Sean in WV by way of AZ

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:41 am

You can easily do this with Texmod or if you want to do it with a mmap file then you will find some information here.... viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8541

dands413
Rookie

Postby dands413 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:20 pm

Thanks!

Christygruber1247
Rookie

Postby Christygruber1247 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:55 am

Hello! I'm back! Sort of....maybe....let me explain.

Around 2009, I don't remember the exact year, I joined a football madden 2008 fan modding site. I"m pretty sure it was football-freaks that I joined, but I'm not positive, especially after I learned today what really happened with Football-freaks.

Here's what I do remember. I remember joining around the time Matthew Stafford was drafted by the Detroit Lions, or maybe a year or so after. I remember talking about it. I also remember that the forum had a green and black theme. It also had a site attached to it where I could download mods for Madden 08. My favorite mod was where I could edit my player for mycareer mode. I could make him any positions, and give him a 99 overall rating right away.

Sometime later it was gone, and if I remember correctly it looked like it moved here. At least that's what I THOUGHT happened. I never joined this site because I thought you had to pay for some reason. Don't remember why. Found this board again today and decided to join.

Anyway, I came back hoping to find some of the mods that I use to use to play Madden 2008. From what I've seen so far, it looks like Madden 2019 doesn't have Mycareer mode. At least, not a true one anyway where you create a player and guide him to the Hall of fame like in 2008.

I apologize for my long message.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”