New Users - Introduce yourself here

Anything and everything.
onepride
Rookie

Re: New Users - Introduce yourself here

Postby onepride » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:33 am

elguapo wrote:
onepride wrote:Hello guys! Please tell me where can I find the portraits of each player directly in the dds format? I tried to create dds files by myself using online png to dds converter but DATeditor gave an error.

DATeditor is the wrong graphic editor to edit portraits. Use DEX to edit the portrait file. If you still get an error extract the mmap from the portrait file and use MUER to edit the mmap file and then insert the mmap back into the portrait file.

I'm taking transparent PNG from ESPN website. Then I convert it to a DDS format using an online service. But when I try to replace a player's photo using DATeditor, an error is issued.Probably my dds files are wrong somehow...That's why I'm asking where I can download player portraits directly already in dds format. So as not to convert them from png.

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:43 am

onepride wrote:
elguapo wrote:
onepride wrote:Hello guys! Please tell me where can I find the portraits of each player directly in the dds format? I tried to create dds files by myself using online png to dds converter but DATeditor gave an error.

DATeditor is the wrong graphic editor to edit portraits. Use DEX to edit the portrait file. If you still get an error extract the mmap from the portrait file and use MUER to edit the mmap file and then insert the mmap back into the portrait file.

I'm taking transparent PNG from ESPN website. Then I convert it to a DDS format using an online service. But when I try to replace a player's photo using DATeditor, an error is issued.Probably my dds files are wrong somehow...That's why I'm asking where I can download player portraits directly already in dds format. So as not to convert them from png.

The dds needs to be in a specific format and not compressed with dxt1 and stuf like that. There are tutorials for that dds format.

NickyJ is the portrait guru, send him a message regarding dds portraits.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:52 pm

onepride wrote:
elguapo wrote:

Can you post the website you are using to convert png to dds ?

onepride
Rookie

Postby onepride » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:22 pm

StingRay68 wrote:Can you post the website you are using to convert png to dds ?

https://convertio.co/ru/

scotchSamurai
Rookie

Postby scotchSamurai » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:20 pm

elguapo wrote:I can mass create dds files out of the pngs and I can batch import them into the portrait file. I would need the pngs to have a five digit prefix that would correspond to the portrait file number in the DAT. All the portraits would be free of the white haze. I’m also picky about the portrait size and I like the 96x96 and I’m willing to double the size but not bigger than that.

The reason the current portrait file gives you an error is because the portraits were created with bmp files and imported with MUER.

I use GIMP for the editing, then I have to use the nvidia Photoshop plugin to save each .png to .dds, then I manually use stringrays DATeditor to import each one. Its super inefficient. How do you batch convert to .dds and batch import to the dat?

Also, I know this isn't really the place, but I tried to change the title screen (not sure why we all thought vince young was gonna be a stud lol), but every time i try to input it, i get an unhandled exception. Any ideas why? does it have to be a .dds instead of a .bmp?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:29 am

scotchSamurai wrote:
elguapo wrote:I can mass create dds files out of the pngs and I can batch import them into the portrait file. I would need the pngs to have a five digit prefix that would correspond to the portrait file number in the DAT. All the portraits would be free of the white haze. I’m also picky about the portrait size and I like the 96x96 and I’m willing to double the size but not bigger than that.

The reason the current portrait file gives you an error is because the portraits were created with bmp files and imported with MUER.

I use GIMP for the editing, then I have to use the nvidia Photoshop plugin to save each .png to .dds, then I manually use stringrays DATeditor to import each one. Its super inefficient. How do you batch convert to .dds and batch import to the dat?

Also, I know this isn't really the place, but I tried to change the title screen (not sure why we all thought vince young was gonna be a stud lol), but every time i try to input it, i get an unhandled exception. Any ideas why? does it have to be a .dds instead of a .bmp?

So if you’re using photoshop you can create an action (macro) to save a png to dds. Use one portrait to create the action. Then there’s a batch process in the “File” menu (maybe) where you select the action and the source and destination folders to convert the pngs to dds files.

Once the files are converted use DEX v1.5 to batch import the portraits. The important thing is to add a five digit prefix to let DEX know in what slot to save the portrait. For example 00123-DakPrescott.dds would be inserted in the 123rd slot in the portrait file. You can select a range of files or a single file.

olbleedyeyes
Rookie

Postby olbleedyeyes » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:30 pm

Howdy, just getting this out of the way. Don't really think I'll need to post anything. Having a slight issue with installing the mod, but starting over and trying it again.

Dirtybird84
Rookie

Postby Dirtybird84 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:32 pm

Hey Guys! Thanks to everyone involved in making this site. very exited to mod this game!

LoneWolf_1966
Rookie

Postby LoneWolf_1966 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:03 am

Hello,

I may be chasing ghosts here, but I have had a 20 year attachment to my EA NCAA Football 2002 game (Weinke cover). I still love the game and play it frequently. I would love to be able to mod this version and add my favorite FCS team, North Dakota State, to it. I am an experienced graphic designer that would be able to modify any team and stadium graphics, but getting in to the files is something I am still learning about.

I have seen some tools available for Madden and EA sports games, but I haven't yet found anything that says it can extract and modify NCAA 2002 files. Can any of these tools modify games that go back this far? If anyone knows where I need to go or if it is even possible, I would appreciate any info or links, thanks!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:50 pm

LoneWolf_1966 wrote:Hello,

I may be chasing ghosts here, but I have had a 20 year attachment to my EA NCAA Football 2002 game (Weinke cover). I still love the game and play it frequently. I would love to be able to mod this version and add my favorite FCS team, North Dakota State, to it. I am an experienced graphic designer that would be able to modify any team and stadium graphics, but getting in to the files is something I am still learning about.

I have seen some tools available for Madden and EA sports games, but I haven't yet found anything that says it can extract and modify NCAA 2002 files. Can any of these tools modify games that go back this far? If anyone knows where I need to go or if it is even possible, I would appreciate any info or links, thanks!

I don't think there are any tools that work with the very old Madden or NCAA games, but there's no harm in trying them out just to see.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”